Forums > Social Chat > A problem. In my humble opinion.

Login/Join to Participate

tekknogurrlBRONZE Member
90 posts

Posted:
i think that the splitting up of the messageboard into new moves and technical discussion and social discussion is counterproductive, and wastes time. i dont know if anybody is with me on this one (maybe i'm just being stupid or lazy or something), but i think it's inconvenient to check four different messageboards when it's all the same people posting. the social discussion board seems to be the most popular, and not as many people read the other ones. and the traffic on this board has slowed down considerably since the board split even further a little while ago. i think in order for everyone's posts to be seen and replied to in a reasonable timeframe, since the traffic on this board isnt TOO heavy, it would be better to combine them into one board. but i could be wrong...i know some people like to check the new moves board and ONLY see things about moves, etc. i dont know, maybe i'm a blithering idiot, but does anybody think i have a valid argument?

~K~No matter what you do, one billion Chinese won't care.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey TGI dont think it's an argument kida thing, you prefer it one way, I (for eg) prefer it the other way. I guess it's kinda like reading a newspaper...you like to have all of the stories represented on the same page, so you can easily skim through, and I like them seperated, so I know what kinda feedback to give on a post, or where to put my posts so that they get the proper attention and a more focussed feedback. Neither you or I is wrong, we just have different preferences...Personally, when I'm in the mood to learn a new move, I dont like to have to read 4 posts that LOOK like new moves but really are social comentary or something before I find a move post. I think the technical and the moves could be safely merged, so that there is a social and a technical discussion but I dont think it makes a huge difference. You are probly accessing the web through a high speed link or something, but when I use my dial up from home, it is really slow. I like to know if there are new move posts, without having to read a whole section. In that way the new arrangement is far better, because you can see quickly which sections have new entries.but again - I think it is ok either way. I also think that any further changes will have more of a detrimental effect - better to just leave it and let ppl get used to it, otherwise even more ppl will stop posting.so yeah - thats what I think on this fine day. smileJosh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Thats cool Malcolm.Josh