dj_retromember
87 posts

Posted:
last night i had a very large urge to spin fire...so i did and i had fun. but that bairly makes up for my own stupidity. after i was finish i had returned my fuel to the can and the little left in the pitcher i was using to soak i dump on the driveway and lit it on fire. that was all good till the fire jumped back into the pitcher. and for one reason i though it would do good to blow into it to make it go out.....and thus is why i am stupid. it did the opposite and blew back into my face. and now about 12 hours later my face is still kinda stinging. no i did not really hurt myself but i think i lost most of my nose hair...just a little warning for everyone that fire is weird. the flame had to have jumped at least four feet is why i was so freaked out. but im okay and should have my pics up of my fire and glowsticks. i got a few really good ones, but at a painful price....

<( ' ' )>
Fear the Kirby

shadow steppinofficial hop irken
401 posts

Posted:
well since yuh didnt get hurt allow me to be the first to say.....

AHHH HAHAHAHA!! i bet that looked all kinds uh kewl to see the fire jump though, in a freaky sorta way. i love fire so unpredictable.

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
fire: fickle friend!
folly! etc etc.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
Bender, that was so poetic!

E pluribus unum, baby.

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
BAAAAD

But thank God your are ok

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

dj_retromember
87 posts

Posted:
yea, i really do deserve to be laughed at. im still not sure what compeled me to blow at it, but oh well. ive learned and i think that is the most important thing. and if i had a scaner that didnt hate me my pics would be up by now.

<( ' ' )>
Fear the Kirby

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
At least you learnt a lesson - and didn't hurt yourself too badly.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
you silly silly man!

stil so long as yu canlok back atit and laugh and say i wont do that again, its cool!

silly man *shakes head*

Step (el-nombrie)

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
ok the fire wasnt being weird, for fire you need fuel and oxygen and a flame/spark. you had the flame and fuel in your cup, if you add extra oxygen by blowing air into it ......

on the plus side nose hairs are unsightly so yay

if your face is still stinging after 12 hours you must have burnt yourself really really bad, u did add something cold to your face for a while after right? ive been engulfed by burnoffs on several occasions and ive only ever had the stinging last for 4 hours at most and that was when i did one without throwing the stick up and having the wind change direction with big wick .... for future reference if you burn yourself really badly leave the burn body part under running cold water (cold shower if u have to) for atleast 10 mins then put a cold damn rag on the burn body part and leave it on for atleast half and hour after (keep redampening it to keep it cold) its annoying to have to do it but it majorly reduces the severity of the burn.

if your at a remote location and you burn urself really badly water on a piece of clothing over the burn and sit in the back seat of the car with the windows down (assuming you have a driver) and the cold air flowing over your body will help (not heaps)

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
Don't you just hate the smell of singed hair ?

:garbo:

be excellent to each other: safe:

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
at least you wont have to get your eyebrows plucked out during your next makeover.

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
I too made that mistake when I started doing fire, a fuel tin caught fire, so I blew on it to put it out and got engulfed by a fireball.

Really scarey stuff...

Sharing the story (like you have done) is the best way for us to help prevent others making the same mistake...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?