Page: ......
majikenthusiast
231 posts

Posted:
I love my hoops as much as I love poi and staff and I noticed there was a few other hooping hoppers out there. So I thought HOP needed a hooping thread for us to chat about tricks and share our love for hoops. ubblove
I have been hooping for quite awhile now and have mastered quite a few tricks but I still havn't figured how to flick it up off the ground and move it up my legs. I can get it from my knees up but I saw this chic at the a circus and she had the hoops all on the ground and was bringing them up her legs one by one. It looked awesome.
I've got an idea of what I gotta do but havn't quite got it. I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on this?
Thanks
ubblovemajik
Happy Hooping! ubbrollsmile

Live, love, laugh and dance!

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
I learnt to hula hoop yesterday!! biggrin bounce I am so chuffed!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Welcome to the temple for the love of the wiggle Jo. hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
thanks hun hug xxx

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
as if poi and contact juggling weren't enough, i just started hooping! i just made my first hoop! well, taped it actually, someone else made the actual hoop. i feel a new obsession coming on...somebody stop me. or just push me over the edge.

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
I'll gladly push you over the edge..but I don't think you'll need it biggrin

hug me!

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
hey watsup i am so rubbish at hooping i cant seem to grasp any tricks, can wiggle it round my hips and get it to go up my left arm from my hips kinda but anything else turns to pot. gonny take my big gigantic hoop (is it supposed to be up to my chest?) to juggling club glasgow this week, im the only person whose ever done this, im so nervous....hate being te first person..im just a wee sheep baaaaaaa.anyway, wish me luck

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Kupsch, never be nervous of spreading the love of the wiggle. You may well be the first to turn up with a hoop but you can bet once you do you won't be the last. The Love of the Wiggle is contagious. Just take it along and have fun. Thats what this is all about after all! hug

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Any update on the HOOP workshop?

Not for me but i know my lovely lady would be interested.

Or is it over already :raisedeyebrow:

smile

And also....

Does anyone have a link to that uber cool Burning man Hooping vid that was floating around last year. I;ve lost mine frown

Love is the law.

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
https://www.hooping.org/archives/cat_videos.html

Burning Man vid is quite far down the page smile

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
word word word! how good is that video from burning man if its the same one im thinking of. was it not on hooping.org?

skulduggery i cant wait to take it along now, just hope it fits in the car! hopefully someone there can show me a coupla tricks!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I get to go wiggle with Groove Hoops today. smile

It makes Monday's SO much more bearable.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
OH MY GOSH I LEARNED SO MUCH IN HOOPING TODAY MY HEAD'S GONNA EXPLODE!

I feel like I gotta write it down somewhere so why not here?

I got a little bit better at hooping the 'wrong way' but I still suck badly.

I got a bit better at waist-neck-hand transitions while vertical.

For the first time ever I wiggled the hoop from my waist to my neck without using my hands.

I got a bit better at hand hooping (using your hands and passing it around your waist rather than wiggling your hips)

And most importantly ... I LEARNED to THROW and CATCH! We played a fun game where you have a partner and you throw and catch it to them across the room (vertically)... We got to the point where we were winging it back and forth without having it do a full rotation (hard to explain) but if you catch it and quickly throw it before it does a full rotation it looks cool. I think my arm is going to be a bit black and blue tomorrow but it was so fun. I totally understand catching it while keeping the momentum (like which side I'll have to catch it on so it keeps spinning)...

I can't wait for EJC to play with you all. biggrin

Edit: I've got NICE hooping bruises all up and down my arm now from catching hoops wrong. Luckily I wear long sleeves at work or everyone would think I was a battered boyfriend. wink
EDITED_BY: NYC (1141736008)

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
haha, thats quality NYC, props on learning the new tricks. wish there was something similar to go to here in the glasgow. sk

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Grass is always greener I guess. I'd give a bunch to have all the poi spinners you guys have over there to be closer to me. The Northeast of the US has a significant lack of poi spinners compared to Great Britan.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
Hey NYC: Thanks for posting that Groove Hoops link! Looks like a fun & sexy crew.

I also just managed to wiggle the hoop from my waist to my neck without hands...it's rather thrilling, I must say. Working on keeping it at my shoulders right now, and sticking my arms in and out.

I love love love hand-hooping stuff, there was some crazy sh*t in that vid! That contact roll, and the thing with the elbows, btb! eek One day...

~ ani di franco

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
hey hey hey, i took the hoop to the juggling club it went down a treat, im taking it back next week! cant wait! still, i can only jiggle it round my wiggle but can almost push it up and through me if you catch the drift! hooray! i feel like a pioneer for the glasgow crew! big up myself.

sk

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
everyone loves a hoop/hoops ubblove
If they don't they just haven't been introduced properly. biggrin

In my hoopie news (which isn't really that important, but I'll share anyway) I'm trying to learn to hoop the other way (which I think is clockwise, I usually hoop anti clockwise) it feels like I've never picked up a hoop in my life.

hug me!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah. Wrong way sucks. But it is fun to feel like a total newbie again. I've been trying to flip it from 'right way' to 'wrong way' and back as smoothly as possible but, for some reason I can only do it with my eyes closed and if I really concentrate.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
ubblol yeh smoothly seems to be a problem here. Wrong way comes complete with over exagerated wiggles while I try get the hoop up to my chest and keep it there. Must look strange.

hug me!

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
okay I just discovered that hooping topless + hoop rolling over nipple rings = OW. but in a good way. ubbangel

~ ani di franco

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Am I the only clockwise hooper. Everyone else I know is anticlockwise....why is this?

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
I know a clockwise hooper so you aren't the only one..but they do seem to be rare biggrin

hug me!

ducky2108A little bit of a board whore
147 posts

Posted:
I tried it yesterday for the first time in ages. I found I could do it both ways. Bt then I could just spin the thing.

Ancient wiseman say "It is very strange person, who, when left alone in room with teacosy, does not try it on"

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
I can go anticlockwise if I have to, but it feels all wrong.

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
I'm clockwise when i do try. smile

Gayle.....!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Written by: Skulduggery

Am I the only clockwise hooper. Everyone else I know is anticlockwise....why is this?

Are you left handed? Left legged? I know the right side of my body is stronger so it's much easier for me to give that 'flick' when I'm going right to left (anticlockwise*.)

[* denotes complimentary translation into British.]

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Nope I'm not left handed. I think maybe I should have been though. When I started school they insisted everyone wrote with their right hand. I've been told since that it may have contributed to my dyslexia, but I'm not sure that's true.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
[No Text Needed smile ]

Non-Https Image Link

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
I'm counterclockwise. Can I ask: for hooping, is it as important to learn everything both ways, like it is with poi?

~ ani di franco

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I think it's just as unimportant.

wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Page: ......