Forums > Other Toys > Contact Juggling Tutorial

Login/Join to Participate

TechSpecnewbie
40 posts

Posted:
I was wondering before I went and actually created one or even started creating a chain of video's (( I am working on tutorial video's for some poi concepts this weekend)) for introducing contact juggling tutorial video's with an emphasis on moves that can be done on fire??

triptricianSILVER Member
UFO Spotting
350 posts

Posted:
interesting concept would like to see that

would rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal lobotomy

"The dangers of life are infinate and among them is safety"(geothe)

TechSpecnewbie
40 posts

Posted:

Tutorial On The Enigma

Introduction to Contact To Juggling "The Butterfly" and the cradle.
EDITED_BY: TechSpec (1277599825)

triptricianSILVER Member
UFO Spotting
350 posts

Posted:
cheers. really clear videos to see what is going on in them. Maybe in the cradle and butterfly video briefly explain how to do the cradle (complete noob on cj) but can definately see how you can build on the basics you have shown already.

Peace

Trip

would rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal lobotomy

"The dangers of life are infinate and among them is safety"(geothe)

SomeguitaristGOLD Member
stranger
11 posts

Posted:
As a fire performer who has recently gotten into contact juggling, I would absolutly love to see some more fire CJ videos.

And, btw, your two videos provide the clearest explanation and video of the moves that I've seen around. PLEASE keep them coming! And get HOP to add them to their tutorial page! That way you get credits, and we get awesome videos. You know, seeing how they sell CJ balls, you'd figure there'd be some CJ videos!

ecaBRONZE Member
197 posts

Posted:
Not trying to detract from HoP at all, but anyone interested in contact juggling should check out contactjuggling.org

"Think of the pussy, Weevil."
"What's a pussy-weevil?"

TechSpecnewbie
40 posts

Posted:
Been busy will add some more videos this weekend, alas though with a cracked ball.

SomeguitaristGOLD Member
stranger
11 posts

Posted:
eca, thanks for the reference! I'd found that yesterday actually, but wasn't sure if we should post it. I'm fairly sure it doesn't matter, as like I previously mentions, there's no Contact Juggling references on the site yet.

I've seen a few videos, but TechSpec, yours are my favorite so far! Sorry to hear about the ball!

TechSpecnewbie
40 posts

Posted:

Inside Elbow Stall.

Finger Rolls, Push Ups, Fist Stalls, And Fist Rolls
EDITED_BY: TechSpec (1284250189)

SomeguitaristGOLD Member
stranger
11 posts

Posted:
I have a question for you: I'm using a 75mm Acrylic ball, and just for the life of me can't get the ball to stop in the crook of my arm for the elbow stall. Is this easier with a bigger ball? Should I be learning with a bigger ball?

Thanks again, btw, these videos are amazing!

TechSpecnewbie
40 posts

Posted:
As far as learning to contact juggle the larger balls are invaluable to use for learning ((though i reccomend using a ball specificly made for learnig how to do shoulders roll since youll drop it......a lot....)). The one you see in the videos is a four inch ball from Dube. I will keep videos coming since I know people are reading.

ecaBRONZE Member
197 posts

Posted:
For beginners, I'd suggest a 100mm stage ball or sil-x. Acrylics, albeit pretty, scratch/chip really easily, ruining the illusion for isolations, plus they won't break things (read: tv, computer, fish tank, cat) as easily.

"Think of the pussy, Weevil."
"What's a pussy-weevil?"