TheSpinsterzSILVER Member
stranger
6 posts

Posted:
I am wondering how many poi, hoop, staff and object manipulators are using twitter and what is the main reason you use it?

I try to use twitter as a way to let people know about fire dance, circus and spinning related content and news. I use it to post new videos on spinning that are gaining attention. I let people know through my tweets about new concepts and theories and also festivals and circus related arts.

Are you on twitter and why? Whats your twitter name?

Check out my twitter account and follow me should you desire.

https://www.twitter.com/thespinsterz

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
I have an account, but I rarely use it, 'cos none of my friends have it.

I do use it occasionally to see whats new in the world of videogames, movies and other geek related things smile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

TheSpinsterzSILVER Member
stranger
6 posts

Posted:
I like that flamethrower quote! Might have to use it sometime.

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
I use twitter to keep current with events in my region I'd like to go to (clubs/raves/shows), for special sale offers from companies I like that are offered for twitter users only, and to stay updated with friends. It's the easiest social networking/microblog site, so to know what's going on and spit out info quickly I like it.

All Myspace now really is just a communication hub/personal homepage for people to send me messages and invites for IRL stuff, Facebook is too high maintenance so I refuse to get one. Most of my networking is on ravelinks, twitter, and right here.

https://twitter.com/epitome_of_lame

I wish twitter didn't get so popular though, I'm sick of that "fail whale" and difficulty with clogged servers, but all things awesome will inevitably become mainstream... bleh old

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

JayKittyGOLD Member
Mission: Ignition
534 posts

Posted:
I'm on facebook, that's about as far as I go. It lets me keep in touch with all the people I need to, I think the posting system is more laid back. I check it almost every day and I can respond when I want to. I've heard good things about twitter, but nothing that makes me want to run out and get it. lol, I'm distracted enough.

Don't mind me, just passing through.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I was holding off because I didn't see the point in yet another internet communication flashy thingo.

But then I got one for the career networking deal.

Then I got one as a private one cos I was bored.

Because I don't have it on my mobile phone, it's not really that useful for me apart from helping with boredom.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Oh and just to add - I follow the major political parties in Australia and I found it hilarious when the right wing party started following me too!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
Don't do Twitter, got a myspace profile though.

Chloe'GOLD Member
enthusiast
324 posts

Posted:
I just have facebook. Used to have myspace but deleted my account not long after creating it. I'm too busy to get another account on another site.

Listen to Your heartbeat and dance...