T-S-ASILVER Member
Magic Monkey Juice
252 posts

Posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07z-MG6XBdE

I can't see the video at work, and can't remember exactly where abouts in the video it is, think it's just after thomas orbital, or just before. Around the 3.30 mark I think

He does like a stall, then with the other hand comes under and lifts the stalled poi in an extention over his head and to the other side where the other poi is stalled... Or something like that.

I tried to figure it out, but my screen is pretty censored and I can't see what's happening frown

Also, can anyone tell me what the tune is?

"We were making castles in the sand: Now we swim in the seas that swept them away"

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
I don't know, but that was awesome. I opened it to look and see what you were talking about, not that I would know it anyway lol, but I started watching it and then completely forgot what I was watching for. Just sat here watching and drooling, that Thomas is impressive.

Edit: For those of you who may be able to answer the question, the orbital is at 2:32.
EDITED_BY: Thezack (1256693836)

T-S-ASILVER Member
Magic Monkey Juice
252 posts

Posted:
Yeah man, it's one of the sickest spinning videos I have seen. Both Jon and Thommas are awesome spinners. Hope to make Thomas' london workshop.

"We were making castles in the sand: Now we swim in the seas that swept them away"

AlienJonGOLD Member
enthusiast
290 posts

Posted:
Are you talking about trading stalls by linking hand positions over the head? A good example at 0:50

#t=0h0m50s
or my variation at 4:00

#t=0h4m00s

Music:
Artist: Astrix
Album: Artcore
Song: Beyond The Senses

+Alien Jon

T-S-ASILVER Member
Magic Monkey Juice
252 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: AlienJonAre you talking about trading stalls by linking hand positions over the head? A good example at 0:50

#t=0h0m50s
or my variation at 4:00

#t=0h4m00s

Awesome, thankyou grin

That's exactly what I ment, I can't get on youtube at the moment, but the way you described it sounds pretty much what I'm thinking off.

Edit: Exactly what I ment, looks awesome grin

Quote:Music:
Artist: Astrix
Album: Artcore
Song: Beyond The Senses

Ahh that's what my friend said it may be grin
EDITED_BY: T-S-A (1256737996)

RivesGOLD Member
Nothing but circles and smiles...
118 posts

Posted:
hmm allienjon when you do yours, is it just a timing change that gives it the isolated look? i like that much more then the way i have been doing it, which is more like how nevisoul does it, but it is giving me some trouble.

RivesGOLD Member
118 posts

Posted:
T-S-A: oh and derek has a video called carry overs in the stalls section under lessions, that covers what i think your talking about.

T-S-ASILVER Member
Magic Monkey Juice
252 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: RivesT-S-A: oh and derek has a video called carry overs in the stalls section under lessions, that covers what i think your talking about. Yup, exactly what I was on about, nowhere near the orbital haha...

Cheers for pointing me the right way smile

RivesGOLD Member
118 posts

Posted:
I thought it was, just a little peice of advice wtih those, after one hand has stalled up and chaned directions, at the point where the poi stalled down starts to move, allow the poi that was stalled up, to pause on this side as well, this will keep your poi in a straight line as they move over your head and add to the illusion that one hand is grabing or carrying the other over. The pause is very slight, but once you start to get them down, experiment alittle bit and I'm sure you will see what i mean.

LyeFate Keeps Telling Me To Stop
270 posts

Posted:
That video is too good for me to watch right now.

T-S-ASILVER Member
Magic Monkey Juice
252 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: RivesI thought it was, just a little peice of advice wtih those, after one hand has stalled up and chaned directions, at the point where the poi stalled down starts to move, allow the poi that was stalled up, to pause on this side as well, this will keep your poi in a straight line as they move over your head and add to the illusion that one hand is grabing or carrying the other over. The pause is very slight, but once you start to get them down, experiment alittle bit and I'm sure you will see what i mean. Sweet, thanks man. I just watched the tutorial video, pretty much got it figured out :D, need to clean it up though. Will take that advice... I have a new found love for stalls grin
EDITED_BY: T-S-A (1256790147)

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
What I like about watching that video is that while I can't do most of that yet, I can at least understand most of what I see, and... well, I'm not saying it wouldn't take a lot of practice, but it doesn't seem some impossible, inconceivable distance beyond what I can do.

Ah, n00bish optimism...

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Ooh, I've been working on these and that makes a lot of sense... That means it's time to put more scuff marks on my girlfriend's ceiling...

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

T-S-ASILVER Member
Magic Monkey Juice
252 posts

Posted:
Naa it's not impossible to get to that skill if your willing to put the time and practice in. Bruce Lee didn't become awesome in a year tongue2