Page:
Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
I know most people will have seen or heard of tongue splitting before...but check this out.
Freaky Tongues

The US are trying to ban you from doing it...only in the land of the free hey?

oh, and btw...my first post in the Social forum...yay!

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
i personally think its fuking downright revolting but its free choice. people can do anything to themselves and i wont judge them fot it....

bloody wierdos.

and nathdaninja... well done on your first post in social... and its seems you have as much free time on your hands as i do

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
quote:
Keen says he can move both sides of his tongue independently of the other.

hmm I wonder how usefull that could be.. tee hee hee..

sorry I'll get my mind out the gutter now..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:

I'll refrain from answering that one Mistix. My mind is permanently in the gutter, but I try not to show it

Oh and UCOF....free time?...um..you've made me a bit paranoid now. We have cyberpigs here and I keep thinking I'm gonna get a call into the bosses orifice soon

btw Mistix...did you get a chance to use that voucher? I've just polished off another crate it's just far too easy for my liking

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i prefere this method of modification

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
CHRIST ON A BIKE!!

Why on earth would you want to chisel your own finger off...I think this guy has a few screws loose

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i'd link more but, i dont think that the content should be posted here on HoP being a family natured site and all.
if you want worse than that PM me and i will send you links.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
no Nath - I've not had a chance.. I'll do it next month.. I'm suffering from too much month at the end of the money..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
It took me about 15 seconds to figure out what you were on about then. You can tell it's a Friday afternoon...time to go home and
laters chaps

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Actually... i quite like how the tongue-splitting looks. (No, i'm not a mass of metal, i only have 3 piercings, and they're all ears, so they don't count.)

Would never, ever be brave enough to get it done myself tho, very paranoid about permanent body-modification... and needles

Does anyone remember the 'branding' craze a couple of years ago?

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
you mean the thing I am considering getting done polythene

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
ahh, the sound of burning flesh.
Jeez man, you into all that then? What does it look like then...I've never seen it.
I've always intended to get a tat done, gotta few ideas, designed my own about 4 years ago...just never got round to doing it.
Story of my life man.

N

sea gypsyBRONZE Member
51 posts

Posted:
There's a photo at my Piercers of someone with their tounge split all the way, and then pierced back together, and another of a man, with something else, split in a similar manner...curiousity is a terrible thing, how would that work?
I only have my ears pierced now, but I've had other piercings in the past,
I have a tattoo.
I think the finger man,...well he's a bit too curious. The buzz from mutilation is a very addictive thing, and if you don't have the usual taboos in your mind, well it can get out of hand.
I've had people ask me WHY? to some things I've done in the past, they genuinely can't even imagine doing it. I can, and so it is possible...but I kinda like the end of my fingers so I'll leave it to the mad old dude.
What did you do to get a link like that anyway? You must type some disturbing things into your search engine.

...never just an ordinary girl.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
There is definatly much much worse then the finger chiseling.

Haven't any of you guys seen kiss? They have split tongues and they have the connective tissue underneath the tongue cut makeing is so they can stick their tongues out absurdly far.

I really like the latter modification.

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:

Yeah I've heard about the other "member"(keeping it family friendly guys )splitting before...lunacy surely
Sea gypsy...i totally dig your taboo point, I used to be quite a goth and industrial head, I really want to get a tatoo really, got a few designs of my own, just never got round to it....tragic really.

I have to say aswell, Astar, I've never heard of that tongue connective tissue cutting thingumy b4. They've been doing it with "members" for yeas in the industry, but I imagine that would be quite an advantage...super long tongue...

..oh and can I just ask..out of curiosity...how many people read "Bizzare" mag here?

N

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
the other kind of spltting erm *one day maybe* allways fancied a sub insission (and yes its still functionable), i've thought about it many a times and still would go ahead with it.
i have several friends that have split their own tongues, pretty kewl, not for me though, only sub insission and susspension are my goals in life.

Non-Https Image Link
<<

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
PK have you done suspension before? I would totally love to try it.

Also I thought huge ear gaugeing was alright untill I started reading your posts. Now I realize just how vile it really is.

Edit:PK you should see if you can make an apperance in this https://www.bmezine.com/temp/movie.html

Im sure firepoi is an interesting enough of a thing to get you a few seconds of screentime.

[ 24. May 2003, 10:59: Message edited by: Astar ]

sea gypsyBRONZE Member
51 posts

Posted:
Nathdaninja I used to go to some Goth clubs in Hull.
I designed my own tattoo, using the rational that if I was going to have something permanently emblazened on my flesh then I wanted it to be for a really good reason.
So it was carefully chosen, thought out, got...and then I came out from the parlor, and you just want to go straight back in, it's what's next, and you can see how people end up covered.
So far I have resisted.
But I recommend it for sure.

...never just an ordinary girl.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
*walks in "looks at gypsy and nods"* *thinks to self too late oh well*

yeah bme a place for sad trendies to go, like body mods are total fashionable, bme has killed it for me, the people made it go too far too soon. it was kewl 7 years ago, now look at it!
its kewl here in Edinburgh cos i dont get hardly any shit in the street when i am out. i was walking down to our office the other morning and i stood talking to Elaine Davidson in the street for 30mins or so about performing and doing tv shows (for those that dont know who Elaine is *shes owns the world record for piercings* dainty little lady, and real nice too*
anyway were stood in the street just chatting for ages, not one coment or remark made or even sidewards glance was made towards us.
do you think its bcause people are too scared? or is society accepted modifications? why is it no one will give me a job? because every one has preduduces[sp?]and are too scared to open up and learn about these things and why people do them, but were all just human beings, surviving dong wht we want and whan we think is right regardless of society. that one moment? was it worth it?. those few seconds of not knowing what lies ahead in your future, not knowing how preduduce society is as a whole, you left wondering how you are different from some one that has disabilities or deformaties, were all different and were all unique and thats what makes us special, i wish that society would give out a hand and take responsibility these things we do are not wrong their not the devils work these things we do create the most beautiful and soft natured people around us, were not wierd, were happy that we have taken acceptance to not caring about what others think, its not rebellion its us getting along with our lives.
but its not all glory.... the preduduces are still there, it still goes on, we find deeper and more meaning full things we can modify about our bodies not realising that one day it could all be ****ed because you did what you felt right and now you life is in the hands of people with preduduces. now rebel? you cant because your fuct, what do you do? nothing seems to happen, though i hold out hope.

that may all be a bit random, but thats my feeling on mods and having them on my person, the view is from my eyes and from my heart, and now it makes me quite scared some thimes that people can be that way.
anyway i'm late for doing stuff.
chao

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
i have no percings at all and most people think im really weird cos people just ussume that beacuse your a girl you have your ears pierced.
but any who iv been thinking of geting a peircing of sorts but i cant decide where, proly not ears though, maby belly buton for a start but thats geting a bit standard now.
oh and just to add one of my friends has that connective tissue under her toung peirced you cant really see it much but its preety cool.

missie

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
its called a FRENUM that flap of tissue under your tongue, you also find men have another frenum conecting some thing else to some thing else. *quite painfull if ya tear it* not a story to tell here so dont ask.

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
yyyeeeeeouch
btw Mr Trait Of 1112, I've always been interested by those permanent ear mods...flesh tunnels etc(not being rude ). Not my bag of fish, but I think they look v.cool when done with style. I do see a lot of people with piercings that just don't suit them tho...I suppose that's part of the art really innit...a composition almost. If you know what I mean.
..anyway off light my fire stick for the firs time fun fun.

N

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
dats a photo from the bjc innit?

fingertips, iss too much.

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
what you fainting for? never seen a unicycle?

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
It's an interesting question I have to deal with. At what point does it stop being "freedom of choice" and when does it become "self harm" to the point that it's appropriate to forcably admit someone to the psych ward? For example, we can forcably admit someone to the psych ward if they are suicidal. And self-mutilation is often a sign of a number of psychiatric disorders. But on the opposite extreme, does that mean PK should be in a psych ward? Well, OK, PK should be in a psych ward, but not because of his modifications. Bad example.

But seriously, at what point do I draw the line?

Another issue is that, really, a surgeon should be doing some of these more risky procedures (like tongue splitting). That said, it would be unethical for a surgeon to perform a risky operation for no medical benefit. Of course, we have no problem with nose-jobs and facelifts...

I defy anyone to come with a simpe and unequivocal answer to this conundrum.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
bram, was that the branding u were thinking about having done? I've never actually seen anybody with one, the only person i knew that was going to said he couldn't get it done over here... think he opted for a carved design instead. Does it give similar results?

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

Chimeramember
35 posts

Posted:
Where do we draw the line? Why is it my responsibility to draw a line. If it is an adult it is their life and their choice. They can have assisted suicide for all I care.
Sorry let me introduce myself... I'm the Libertarian (I got three percent of the vote last year). Seriously though I'm not comfortable dictating what someone can do with their own body.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Chimera, major depression is a treatable illness. If I don't treat it, that's unethical. That may mean forcably stopping someone from commiting suicide.

I didn't say it was easy.

I'm quite libertarian, too. But I know the issue isn't completely cut-and-dry

-Mike

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
i thinkg it would be okay..if like the got it in diffrent styles...
like a flame looking one...
or an X shape..or something..
i'm thinking of geeting a lip piercing..anybody know any good barbell sites?...

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Trait Of 1112?:
its called a FRENUM that flap of tissue under your tongue
FYI: Frenulum. Pronounced "FREN-yoo-lum"

-Mike

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
**** off mike whats this a spelling bee?

Page: