colin_mcdonaldBRONZE Member

Posted:
for contact juggling can you use any juggling ball or does it have to be specific

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Lacrosse balls are popular for single ball contact- I don't know where you're based colinmc, but you can get a huge bag of lacrosse balls for very little from US sports shops.

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Tennis balls are really too light to do much with, I mean, you can, but it's a lot harder, it's easier if you can feel the weight a bit more.

Go for the lacrosse balls.. and have fun smile

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
AAAAHHHH!!!

No! eek

Lacrosse balls are rubbish. tennis balls are rubbish. Cricket balls are actually alright... A bit of weight is good, but not too much (ie, real crystal balls are too heavy)

What sort of contact juggling are you looking to learn?

I'm guessing one ball, seeing as you are quite new to this, don't have any experience etc etc.

For one ball, bigger is better. more surface area, easier to control as you roll it, easier to learn. The best size to learn one ball stuff with is 4 or 5 inch. optimum weight between 200-400 grams.

FOr more in depth contact juggling information, visit www.ministryofmanipulation.com, or www.contactjuggling.org where myself and my friends at the ministry have been doing extensive research into learning contact juggling. smile

Advice givers, sorry if I seem to be jumping on you... I don't mean to offend. it's just that a lot of information nowadays is very outdated, and the ministry are trying to change that. smile Not your fault, you did good in trying to help colin. I know it can be difficult to keep up with the current goings on nowadays. smile

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Hm.. I tried when I first started with someone else's lacrosse ball and found it easier as a total beginner than a 4" stage ball I tried at the same event.
Mind you, that was only hands based moves.. I find bigger balls a bit awkward personally.

Was personal view, not something outdated I'd read.. wink
Okay.. just try whatever you can get your hands on, and see what YOU like :P

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
hug

That really is the best advice.

smile

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.