Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Workshop help needed - Epsom, this Saturday

Login/Join to Participate

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Eeeep

I'm in (fairly desperate) need for one person to come and teach stuff this Saturday from 4-6pm in Epsom.
Poi & staff are covered, ideally i'd like someone to be able to teach juggling, diabolo, devilsticks and such like just for some variety (not all of the above, just something other than poi and staff smile )

I'd prefer this person to be female as the other teacher's a guy and I think it's more balanced - though i might get desperate nearer the time (i.e. tomorrow) and change this...
If that person can supply props aside from poi and juggling balls this would be wicked. I've got 2 diabolos, a dodgy devil stick, lots of poi, lots of balls, other random things... It's more of a "go and learn something" workshop area, rather than a specific "Learn how to juggle" type thing.
Sorry for the vagueness, i've got no more information than what I've posted.

£80 for 2 hours...not great, but not too rubbish either.
Nearest train station is Ewell West, but there's apparently a free shuttle service from Epsom main station too.

If you can help - please call me - phone number on burnttoast.co.uk

Hugs smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Durbs... i'm not sure so don't count me in but I have a gig at hampton court flower festival on saturday I'm not sure of the finish time but I'm less than an hour from epsom the only problem will be the traffic I don't find out times until tonight though.. PM me if your desperate and I'll give you my number or you can ask strugz....

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
bookim durbo wink

biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Ahhhh, so that's who that gig went to - got rung up about it in the way to UberParis and was a little distracted smile

Cool cool, can you bring props and such like?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
I emailed you about this Durbs PM me, or email me if youve got it. Im probably up for it

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I should have 2 boxes of equipment or at least 1 box ubblol I've just been told it starts at 10 hopefully 4 hours straight through I'll PM you my number...

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
after several more messages I suggest you use someone else if they are available...
our workshop at hampton court is 4 hours but we don't know the structure until we get there tomorrow they asked us to be available between 10-4pm so I don't know if I can get across in time and don't want to let you down frown

you have my number so if REALLY desperate I can try and race across when I'm finished if you let me know where, I will have loads of staffs, some plates, a couple of diablo's and devil sticks and a rola bola and probably a few more bits and bobs.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone- thanks for the offers.
As it turns out, a member of Toast can make it after all - thanks for all the offers though smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi