_Adam_GOLD Member
35 posts

Posted:
So I just got back from doing volunteer work in the Philippines and I thought I'd share a few photos with you guys.

We were planning to visit an Orphanage while we were there, so before I went I thought I'd go down the 100yen shop and buy a few pairs of socks and tennis balls and teach them how to Poi.

I wasn't sure how they'd take it but they really loved it and a few kids took to it like a duck to water.

So I thought I'd share a couple of photos with everyone here as a thanks for helping me remain a Poi addict long enough to get the chance to pass it on.

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

smile

EDITED_BY: atomic.peanut (1178770337)

Meeko_KiddoSILVER Member
journeyman
84 posts

Posted:
Awww that is really awesome! I love those pics... the kids look so happy!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Well done! biggrin

Good stuff there my friend, you should be very proud!
hug

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
The poi is as tall as they are

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
great work peanut! You've given those kids a wonderful gift. hug I'm sure you and your friends will be remembed for a long time.

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
They will remember you more for the time you spent with them than the actual sock poi. smile You did a really awesome thing!

Im going to go get a pint and toast you. smile:):)

"to a man whose only tool is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail." Abraham Maslow

_Adam_GOLD Member
35 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the support guys. Hopefully I can go back there some day to see how they're getting on.

The kids were fantastic and so full of life. They'd definitely make great poiers. biggrin

They even sung us a song to thank us. Check it out:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=A8bMkY6bKM8

Sooo cute.

SantelmoBRONZE Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
thank you for taking the time volunteering here in the Philippines! Have I known you are doing this, me an my poi friends could have joined you guys. ^_^

"an intelligent man is sometimes forced to get drunk to spend time w/ fools"-Ernest Hemingway