Page: ...
skribleBRONZE Member
155 posts

Posted:
i love to read and discuss books. did a search couldnt find a book club so im starting one biggrin

what books have you read recently? were they any good? which books would you recommend?

i personally have just read Johnny Cash' autobiography and loved it. Beautifully written, poetic and at times moving. ubblove

this apple juice is a bit milky isnt it?!

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I read one of The Ellie Chronicles when I was in Vanuatu, which is what reminded me that I hadn't read the original series! And then I heard the movie was coming out so I started looking harder to find the rest of the series (I've always had the first book).

Thanks for the heads up, Trip, but I really only buy second hand books so it's a case of crossing my fingers!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Icarus FordeBRONZE Member
Just Icarus//Spinner//Pyro//Geek
261 posts

Posted:
Yes, definitely get them and read them, they're amazing! And yeah... Rogue, I'll buy you a couple if I have to, they're that good! tongue2

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: EoNLast good book I read though was Revolution: A Manifesto by Ron Paul, that man knows his constitution!

Ron Paul could win a US election. I personally think he is too far to the right, and crazy in a Pat Robertson sort of way. I do agree with him on the gold standard though. The FRB and ECB are EVIL!

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Refuge Crew
Ron Paul could win a US election. I personally think he is too far to the right, and crazy in a Pat Robertson sort of way. I do agree with him on the gold standard though. The FRB and ECB are EVIL!

I have to agree with you (I don't think he's the ideal future President). At the same time being a little too far right and not authoritarian, is better than someone left (or center or right) who subscribes to authoritarian implementation (down, center is possible right and left, and up is libertarian in the full political chart. Like a diamond shaped chart).

I thought he went through current events and why it's a mess from a constitutional standpoints in a very understandable manner for anyone. While I thought just turning everything upside down and starting over was a horrible idea, with the proper transitions and working through the less dramatic fiscal/social changes would be great.

I agree with what he wrote about policy for the most part, but implementing fixing it not so much. Still a good read.

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
i loved the tomorrow when the war began series when i was in highschool, grade 12 or so i stumbled upon the elle chronicles in a second hand shop and bought and read it, i found it a little dissappointing really.

anyone read Letter From The Inside, or Checkers by the same author? i liked checkers more.

ps i finished another book today, i only started reading it at about 2pm. its "the road" by Cormac McCarthy (author of no country for old men), a post apocolyptic US world centred on the struggle for survival and dependancy between a father and his young son. it was only 300 pages in large print so i expected it to be a quick read, although now i have to go find a new one to read all over again :(8 hours of book fulfilment is not enough!!!

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Yep, I think I have both of those! They're great! Checkers just broke my hears frown

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

alex_atwoodBRONZE Member
stranger
23 posts

Posted:
Love R.A. Salvatore's work. The Legend of Drizzt is an always awesome series of books. I love Bernard Cornwell, and amazing writer. The Saxon Tales will blow your mind if you love history especially a Norse freak like I. Trust me I recommend both these sets highly. Tom Brown Jr.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
water for elephants is being made into a movie to be released next year starring robert pattison. if there was one book i would ever want to unread now, its this one frown

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Page: ...