Forums > Social Discussion > more nutters with guns state side

Login/Join to Participate

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
yes folks, less than a week after the vagina tech shooting some nutter has taken a hostage at the NASA space center in huston texas rolleyes

now if that is not yet ANOTHER good reason to sort out the gun law i don't know what is

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Then there's all the other copycats

America seems to be self destructing and it's *&^%ing scary frown

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

7,193 posts

Posted:
cheers for the linky rouge i was then looking for one biggrin saved me the effort ubblol

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Well I do know that some days at work if only I had an AK-47 in my handbag, those demanding customers would suddenly become much nicer! ubblol

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Okay - although this has been mentioned before in the Virginia tech shooting thread, but why not have an exclusive thread for all the senseless gun incidents in the US. Let's see how this progresses...

Besides: there are a few threads about gun laws in the US already. I guess I started at least one myself wink rolleyes

Written by: AP

A man who shot at firefighters after they refused to get his cat out of a tree has been sentenced to five months in jail. (...)

Cullen called the Hualapai Valley Fire Department on Aug. 17 and reported a tree fire, but once the three-person crew arrived, Cullen told them he wanted his cat rescued from the tree.

Fire Department spokeswoman Sandy Edwards said a battalion chief told Cullen to call animal control or to wait for the cat to get hungry and come down.

The response apparently incensed Cullen, who went inside his home, got a small handgun and came out shooting. (...)

CBS News

shrug

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
My personal favorite was the 82 year old, ex-Miss America from 1944.
Recently she caught intruders on her property, held them at bay with a .38cal and flagged down a motorist to call 911 so she didn't have to take her eyes or aim off of them.

It was on the AP news and cracked me up.

However, I think targetting, okay "tracking", this issue in the US won't do anything here but enrage people further. The US government isn't going to see this and think "OH, their right" and it isn't going to prove anything.

And the US is not the only place this stuff happens, or violent crimes in general, so it just feels like people are starting to focus on more nastiness (thus ignoring anything good) in the US in order to avoid that in their own backyard.

It seems this thread only has the ability to do two things, turn into more US bashing and/or another thread on gun control...which we already have more than we need of.

So then I say, do we really need this thread? Do we really need yet another invitation for US bashing, or bashing of any kind (which, btw, those of us from the US on here are tired of)? Do we really need a thread that copies previous discussions and does nothing but fuel rage, anger, pain and in some cases hatred? Why don't you simply revive an old thread or expand the Va shooting thread to include others if you really feel the need to do this?

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
Touche, Pele...I completely agree...and I do believe, Ravehead, that one of your fave toys is listed as...'gunz'...so you're being a bit of a hypocrite, I do believe!!!

If you all hate us so much, then just ignore us...and let us 'self destruct' on our own!!!

*is sick of the crap*

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Can't see the "hatred"... shrug but suggests to lock the threat, errm "thread"...

hug grouphug hug

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
I can't see any other reason for the thread than America bashing, except maybe it gives Ravehead the excuse to post the word "vagina", or ( or maybe there's too many words on the other gun control threads wink )

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Banning guns won't stop anything, IMHO.

In britian they're banned, but that doesn't stop kids from walking round the corner from my house and buying handguns.

That kid that got [censored] on the icerink in london? Yeah, he lived four doors down from me.

Banning guns won't stop anything, and neither will bashing america.

'cos you know what? ENgland isn't perfect either.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: fyrespirit

Touche, Pele...I completely agree...and I do believe, Ravehead, that one of your fave toys is listed as...'gunz'...so you're being a bit of a hypocrite, I do believe!!!

rolleyes DON'T believe everything you read wink