Forums > Help! > Toshiba Sound Card Difficulties

Login/Join to Participate

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
*sigh*

I hate machines.

Rightoh, so my laptop suffered a nasty, nasty virus a while back. I'm not aware of the details, becuase it was in my brother's possesion at the time, and he kept scthum about it 'till it got fixed.

After the whole thing was reformatted, and I rebooted XP from windows 95 (old skool), the sound card seems to have kicked it...

I'm gutted, as this means that I can't watch movies or download any music (well... I *could*, but there wouldn't be much point).

I've gone into start -> settings -> control panel -> sounds and audio devices and I'm presented with this:

Non-Https Image Link

Which is news to me as their certainly was before.

I'm running Windows XP pro 2002, with service pack two on a Toshiba Satellite.

Can anyone help me get my sound card working again?

Ta smile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

FireByNiteSILVER Member
Are you up for it??
349 posts

Posted:
I'd suggest either "update driver", if it will let you. Try Toshiba website, that could well have driver downloads. I had this problem on my desktop IBM and all it was was that the driver wasn't there. Then again, I'm not a computer person so it might not be that.shrug Good luck with it

Are you up for it?
wink;)

10,530 posts

Posted:
Aw man!

I hate driver problems.... They take ages to find. I've already been scowering the net for some, as the computer doesn't provide any links.

I'm also unsure what make the soundcard is, and what the actual model of my laptop is.

Bah! Damn ignorance!

-edit-

Some investigation underneath the laptop has revealed that the model is a Toshiba Satellite 1130

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

10,530 posts

Posted:
Problem solved! It was driver problems after all smile

Cheers!

FireByNiteSILVER Member
Are you up for it??
349 posts

Posted:
Sweet smile

Are you up for it?
wink;)