LokiiBRONZE Member
34 posts

Posted:
Title says it all, and I know i'm being dense so please excuse me, lol ubbloco

But, now i'm fairly competent and the weather's all lovely I want to nail uber fast mid and high level turns that look really good. Because i don't have the gift of being able to slow down video, what are the best moves for doing this?

Literally what is the best move(s) to use for spinning round 360 continuously so it looks manic as hell?

Cheers for any help ubblove

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Windmills look ace when you turn with them, and you can do a 360 from split time hip reels as well, in both directions. I like to jump and do a 360 when I do it just for poseur value....

smile

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

CodySILVER Member
That guy from Reno
556 posts

Posted:
lol great question. Simple half turns on the down beet are your best bet, but you can throw in some over the shoulder carry turns and stall turns too. smile

Cody Canon
Controlled Burn, Reno Nevada

LokiiBRONZE Member
34 posts

Posted:
Ha haa spankin', thanks for the tip.

Can anyone also tell me if it's simply a fast high 3 or 4 beat in combo with something (that seems fairly standard in lots of videos) that follows shoulder level and seems to go over it at points, but allows for very fast turning?

LokiiBRONZE Member
34 posts

Posted:
Sorry cody I was typing that while you answered, thanks.

[Edit ignore the question that was here - just knew it by another name, doh ubblol]
EDITED_BY: Lokii (1173887014)

CodySILVER Member
That guy from Reno
556 posts

Posted:
My personal favorate is a turning low mexicam wave. You have your hands at your sides and you end up just doing alternating direction figure 8's with each hand as you spin. It gives a nice picture and the poi are going in opposite directions instead of in sync. smile

Cody Canon
Controlled Burn, Reno Nevada

LokiiBRONZE Member
34 posts

Posted:
Hmm sounds good, is there a vid-clip of this anywhere so I can see exactly what you mean?

DarkFyreBRONZE Member
HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
1,965 posts

Posted:
Turning from foward to reverse weave and back again then again and again and again untill dizzy without actually compleating a full weave. ubbrollsmile

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
If you want super fast turns, nothing can beat a 1 beat turn.

They're often so fast that if you blink, it looks like you haven't moved though... weavesmiley

Take one poi spin anti-clock in front of you. When it points to the sky (12 o'clock) turn, left pivoting on your left foot. When the poi reaches horizontal (9'oclock from where you started) you are facing it (left from where you originally faced).

When the poi points to the floor, you should be facing 180 degrees from where you started.

Keep the poi going in the circle, when it reaches horizonal again you should be facing the same direction as the poi again.

As the poi returns to its starting position (pointing to the sky) you are back where you started.

If you're having trouble, drop the poi and start with one arm straight pointed to the sky (like Frankenstein) and repeat instructions replacing all references to poi with "arm of frankenstein"

That's the basis for all these moves. Sort that turn with each poi individually, then stick it all together and off you go....

This is a whole world of obsession.

A tip for these moves - Foot work (it's all in the foots). Especially when doing many of them. Rinse lather and repeat. Always repeat!

Warning- this easily turns into obsession. weavesmiley

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

LokiiBRONZE Member
34 posts

Posted:
Thanking ye all so very kindly, I shall be giving them all a go until I turn into a whirling dervish!! ubbrollsmile

(P.S. Please don't let that stop the ideas coming ubbidea)