Forums > Social Chat > Who is your favorite professional busker?

Login/Join to Participate

AngrabodaBRONZE Member
7 posts

Posted:
Heya all! I'm an ambitiously hopeful professional-busker-to-be, but first comes first: I'm a writer. I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia - Canada, home to the arguably biggest/best street performance festival in the world, which draws to a close tomorrow. This year, I made it my mission to start writing a book about Buskers in Halifax.

This year, we were graced with the prescence of Pyromancer, as well as Indijika - which features Astar formerly from The Flaming Butterflies. We even had something called "The Ultimate Fireshow", in which a few friends of mine who inspired me to take up spinning were featured in.

So, I was wondering and I decided to take it up here. Since you guys know all about fire and spinning, how do you feel about the pros? Who are your favorites?

SebPenguin of Mass Destruction and Tricky Bugger to the court of Claire the Askew
643 posts

Posted:
Down below Australia proper there's sadly little oppertunity for seeing fire shows. For busking in general though I give infinite admiration to Captain Frodo of the Happy Sideshow. ubblol biggrin clap

Chucks nuns
Property of mynci and blu_valley, and proud of it.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Nika Robson is my favourite professional busker...

Non pro, (i.e does more of other things than busking) has to be Ryan Mellors...

Busking is hard, though... Keeping that audience gripped and laughing is sometimes really difficult...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDaBsrLccVg

ed cox, "LIFE4LAND"

total legend in the buscing stakes

wolfbro001SILVER Member
77 posts

Posted:
I reckon Terry takes the cake. I've seen him in the queen st mall and south bank. have met him a few times, but don't know too much about him. Great performing though biggrin
EDITED_BY: wolfbro001 (1156149372)

Lunadogmember
62 posts

Posted:
Frank Bruno!!!!

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Fireguy! Skateboarder playing with fire and he's hot too ubblove.

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

Pen DravenUnofficial Lord Of Confusion And Pirate Extrodinaire
1,363 posts

Posted:
As Soon as i saw this thread i *knew* Rave would mention Ed biggrin ubblol

Some men see things and say why....

I Dream of things that never were and say Why Not....?

Oh No I'm going to get Shot Alive if he finds out - DA wink

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Wow it's a long time since I heard the name Astar on these boards!

Let's relight this forum ubblove

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Astar is pretty good, but he's moved into a more music thing right now, with another guy, they're currently called Indijika. Got their CD last week, and it's really sweet biggrin If you want a sample of their music (it's neat trance stuff with didgeridoo mixed in with it) send me a PM with your e-mail and I can send it off to you smile

Also he's got this cool firework staff thing going on that is super impressive but scary if you're downwind :o

(And for reference, Astar is the busker, Alan Star, from Australia, and not [Old link]. Just to not mix things up... )

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier