TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I saw Daredevil on Thursday and it was much better than I was expecting

I was very impressed that they showed him to be actually human, he gets beaten up, bleeds all over the place and gets fed up with the whole superhero thing.

The actors (even including Ben Affleck) were pretty good, I even managed to spot Stan Lee's cameo
The only real flaw I can throw at it is the Kingpin being a bit underused - he's supposed to be the main evil bloke but doesn't really do that much. What I remember of him from cartoons is pretty much the same though - he sits back and gives the orders other people carry out.

Anyone else seen it?

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
My guess is they are setting it up for sequels so kingpin will be established over another movie or two. But I have not seen it and I have only heard countless bad reviews and two good reviews.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought, I'd be surprised if there wasn't a sequel, especially considering the bit at the end of the credits (you'll have to watch that bit yourself, I'm not telling )

This morning I was reading some other reviews that were going off on some wierd rant about how Michael Clark Duncan had ruined the whole film because he played Kingpin and he's black, unlike the Kingpin in the comicbooks.
People are either far too concerned by picking at every little detail or being racist to realise that he really is the best man for the job - I honestly can't think of anyone else who's the right built as well as being a fantastic actor.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
I want to see it....
I kinda like these movies better than most of the other....Superpower/super strong/Flight capability make belive movies....Like Spider-Man
I loved that movie and every day i wished there was a science lab like that in my town.....
I can't wait to see "The Incredible Hulk"....
That movie is going to rock....
He was my favorite groing up, Besides the thing from the "Fantastic 4".....
-Peace

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Well a lot of people are upset that they turned down Cuba Gooding Jr for the role of Daredevil because he was black and then casted Michael Clarke Duncan for kingpin. They are saying it's racist to cast black guys for bad guy characters but not cast them for hero's. Personally I think there is no racism involved.

Anyways one of the few good things I can say on this movie based on my observations of it without actually seeing it is casting Michael Clarke Duncan for kingpin was a really smart move. No one else can fill a suit out like that and makeing a CG or a padded fat suit kingpin would really suck.

[ 16. February 2003, 14:58: Message edited by: Astar ]

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
Yeah...
He fits more the "macho/rich/african american"
image than most humans....
I thought he did awesome in The green mile...
his acting career sorta slooped after Planet of the apes....But.....
I really need to see this movie....
laterz

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...