Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
I've unanimously decided humanities ego is too big.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
True...

Humanity mistakenly believe that they are the top of the evolutionary ladder where in fact we are a plague on this planet...

Roll on the next great flood...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
Agreed hug

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
I think it will be a mixture of Nature fighting back with extreme weather and global wars that will lead to our demise. The only way us humans can survive our destruction, which we would have obviously contributed to, is if we all turn ecofriendly. When we realise that we should live in harmony with nature and each other, we'll evolve into a better species.

Then aliens will attack. possibly.... wink

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

buggleberry_fairySILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
i totally agree we should be working with nature - the world is balanced and we've got to learn to keep it that way and not destroy it

as we're the only species that is trying to develop the world for ourselves then we're the only species that is wrecking it!

go recycling and renewable resources!

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
i think humanity's ego is too small. i think most of us have little or no self esteem and that's the reason why so many wars begin. we dont believe enough in ourselves or each other. We worry too much. we think WAY too much.
That's just my thoughts anyway smile

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
 Written by: jo_rhymes

we think WAY too much.

agreed, we think more than we act.

but we're only animals, we're growing to big for our environment and eventually we will comsume all availible resources, then many will die and we'll return to a managable population, just like evolution dictates.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
thats true, but i dont see what that has got to do with our ego.
Every animal, every organism, their aim is to reproduce and to keep their genes going, keep their population alive.

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
people think they are too good, that we can outsmart our environment, but really all we're doing is making our downfall a whole lot worse when it comes.

humanity thinks it is special yet we're going to adhere to evolution as every other species before us has done.

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon Shaolin

Humanity mistakenly believe that they are the top of the evolutionary ladder where in fact we are a plague on this planet...

humanity - or specifically Occidental culture, which has spread via imperalism/colonialism/cultural imperialism/neo-liberal globalization - mistakenly believes that there is an evolutionary ladder with a top and a bottom.

it stems from the Judeo-Christian belief that there is a hierarchy of life that basically goes god - angels - man - animals plants.

biology on the other hand says there is no hierarchy of life.

equally though I have little time for the misanthropic argument that humanity is a plague - for a pretty good articulation of this line of thought have a look at John Gray's Straw Dogs... Its spot on in places but I totally disagree with his logic in others...

Dave... without meaning to be rude... If you honestly believe yourself to be a plague why haven't you killed yourself?

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Nietzsche

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I haven't killed myself because...

a) My first attempt at aged 11 failed (well aborted) because I believed in reincarnation and couldn't be arsed going through all that crap again...

b) I don't feel it's it's for me or anyone else to decide when it's 'my time'.

c) I'm still awaiting the day when I'll be proved wrong... When humanity will do an about-turn and find a way reconcile our relationship with the planet (in a way that is sustainable and symbiotic instead of parasitic) and with each other...

d) If we are doomed to destroy ourselves and there's nothing we can do about it, I'm not gonna stop living my life and I'm certainly not gonna stop trying to do my part - whatever way I can find - to make it better

'If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do'

The people I know are what make life worth living. And if we're gonna go the way of the dinosaurs, I'm not gonna miss the extinction party...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
Plus it would be silly for a plague to destroy itself intentionally, otherwise it wouldn't be a plague... smile

Destroying itself by becoming too plaguey though, that's normal i think, didn't that have something to do with the reasons as to why bubonic plague never returned to Britain after the Black Death?

Incidentally you can still get it in Mongolia, the marmots have it, so perhaps after the planet is completely messed up, there is hope there will still be a few stray humans surviving in yurts in the Gobi desert.... Probably the ones who already live there.

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
 Written by: NOn

Destroying itself by becoming too plaguey though, that's normal i think, didn't that have something to do with the reasons as to why bubonic plague never returned to Britain after the Black Death?

Ok, while i was in the shower, i remembered that actually that was the Great Fire of London, so scrap that biggrin

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

LilBBoySILVER Member
Discoverer of Rainbow Cheese
143 posts

Posted:
 Written by: TinklePants

I think it will be a mixture of Nature fighting back with extreme weather and global wars that will lead to our demise. The only way us humans can survive our destruction, which we would have obviously contributed to, is if we all turn ecofriendly. When we realise that we should live in harmony with nature and each other, we'll evolve into a better species.

Then aliens will attack. possibly.... wink

KK, TinkyPie! Totally agree with the alien theory! It's theoretically impossible for aliens NOT to exist. But, nuclear holocaust was predicted to end the world in April 2006, in the Bible. This is 5th July, 2006. Are we dead? We'll never know :P

Time does not exist. In theory, everything with a beginning has an end. Therefore, only things with an end can have a beginning. As time has no end, it has no beginning, therefore does not exist. GO PHILOSOPHY!!!
Brittle Week was the shizz!!!

Patriarch917SILVER Member
I make my own people.
607 posts

Posted:
 Written by: LilBBoy

...nuclear holocaust was predicted to end the world in April 2006, in the Bible.

ubblol ubblol ubblol

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
you think humanities ego is big... you should meet me biggrin

I'm rotund ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.