pyromaniaSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
THis is just a survey to see what peoples views are on australia in iraq

thank you

"as you journey through life take a moment to stop and think about the other fellow.....He might be plotting something" Hagar the Horrible

"GIMMIE A BAG OF JELLY BEANS OR I'LL BITE YOUR KNEECAPS" The King Of Id

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I really don't support us being there.

But in saying that, I really don't know enough about the issue to have a proper opinion...

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

MunkustrapBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
Sometimes I think the issue is too controversial and skewed to have an opinion.

Please send food!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Iraq?

I thought it was all about the hurricanes now.

Who cares about Iraq?

Oh wait, it's Austrialia, you guys usually get stuff a year or two late anyway.

wink wink wink
wink wink wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
American Death count reached 2000 today.

I was against the war before it began, and nothing has happened to change my opinion.

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Colin Jsmall member
116 posts

Posted:
I got dibs on that there oil field.

I'm against war, but Saddam had to go. I don't really know anything at all about Australia's involvement.

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
I think Australia got trade talks out of a war in Iraq. New Zealand weren't in trade talks but didn't participate in war either.

Even after all this war, and Iraq's oil fields being captured, why is the price of oil still going up?

I refuse to care to some extent about war now - i didn't want the war before it happened, i have never wanted the war to go on for as long as it has, and i wanted the UK troops to pull out long ago. But i don't have say in any of that, so I'm not sure why i should give up 15 minutes a day reading about how bad it's turned out, which then makes me feel bad. I didn't make the decision to go in, so why is my newspaper covered in stories about it?

Tony Blair I think made a grave yet gutsy decision to go into Iraq, go with America and try and change their policy. He couldn't change US policy but at least he tried. And now he's got to live with it. I'm now thinking he tried so desperately to get the Olympic games for this country because he knew otherwise he would just be remembered as the PM who censored up in Iraq. Now he's done that PLUS got us the Olympics. Which i think is a bad thing, as a londoner I know how bad the run up/next 7 years is going to be frown frown

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

pyromaniaSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
thinks the whole idea of war is screwed up

"as you journey through life take a moment to stop and think about the other fellow.....He might be plotting something" Hagar the Horrible

KradBRONZE Member
60 posts

Posted:
Aye, everyone knew Saddam was bad. And its stupid that America tried to use that as an excuse to go get the oil, And thought that everyone would just believe them. I mean why didnt they gets get rid of him the 1st time?!

Its kinda funny how America have lost 100's of troops, yet I dont think Englands death toll has even reached 100 yet... No wait its not funny, just an interesting fact.

"Hold on tight to what you love and cherish, allways stand up for what you know to be right. Live everyday as if it were your last, and dont forget to smile!"

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Pay attention Krad, it's thousands rather than hundreds...

2000 a few days ago...

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
I was going to say.... hundreds seems like a vast understatment to me...

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

pyromaniaSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
it was actualy against the american constitution to go in to a country and remove the head of state

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
So you guys know that Saddam was employed by the CIA back in the day right?

His mission was to assasinate the 'then' head of iraq.

He failed, went and hung out in the US for a while, the CIA then executed the head of iraq and placed Saddam in control.

That's as i understand it.

So the question is, did Saddam ever stop working for the CIA?

Is the whole thing a bluff to extract vast ammounts of money from the american people into private banks?

I don't even really think that oil has much to do with it....

As for australia going into the war, of course it's a mistake, i mean the whole thing is a farse. Actors playing out a strange game. They will get financial benefits by going to iraq tho, but that kinda blood money usually has strings attached.

m

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
Mountains of money will be made, but not to the benefit of the participants. Or the Iraqi's, for that matter.

Written by: Krad

Aye, everyone knew Saddam was bad. And its stupid that America tried to use that as an excuse to go get the oil, And thought that everyone would just believe them.

soapbox

Despite the NUMEROUS reasons Bush has given for going to Iraq, most people believed that the real motivation was oil, even though it wasn't an official excuse. But if not, why are we paying so much for this war to continue? (Current American tab: $205 billion) Why aren't we financing the war with Iraqi's oil? Why are we paying over $2.50/gal. when Iraqi's pay 5 cents/gal.? I know it's a daft idea, but maybe Dubya is trying to be really subtle about it, establishing small American companies over there, which won't benefit America on the whole, but just his business partners, and I'm sure he'll get a nice cut of the profits. That's almost too clever for Bush to pull off. This crusade has already made the oil companies here rich. Last month they collectively made $10 billion in profit. PROFIT! That's after expenses and taxes. Oh, and that doesn't count the recent Energy Bill that just awarded American oil companies billions of dollars of corporate welfare.

I swear to God, the world is being Fed-Ex'd to Hell in a handcart. umm
EDITED_BY: Prometheus (1130593210)

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

mrsoapnewbie
9 posts

Posted:
Australia has had a policy of clinging on the shoulder of the Commonwealth and the United States for decades. I think it was ineviatable that we would join the war. The people of Australia were totally at a loss to prevent this from happening.

Love,
- Eric

jeffhighGOLD Member
89 posts

Posted:
As a citizen of both the USA and Australia, as well as a British subject I am disgusted with the leadership of all three countries.
Jeff

pyromaniaSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
Thanks all for all for your opinions pls tell your friends to come and say theirs

Posted:
Bush is just a venquilistrist doll with chaney's hand up his arse controlling him and howard also has his head up there.

the big L is approching! run away!

pyromaniaSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
how come howards heads up there he's not controlling bush its the other way round so our leader is actually beinge controlled by a wooden puppet GOD thats scary

Posted:
howard's head is up there because he is trying to kiss it

the big L is approching! run away!

pyromaniaSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA