CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
I have just come back from 10 breathtakingly amazing days in edinburgh and Sheffield and am sitting in front of the computer, dead tired and keeping myself buisy until I can crash in bed exhausted and stop thinking ...

I have loved every bit of my stay in UK . have even had dreams and thoughts of spending more time there in the future. met crazy good people, played, dreamt, hugged, smiled

And I realized how I hate goodbyes...

Am about to travel around the world for a year and I realize that I don't really fear getting everything robbed, being sick or whatnot... my biggest fear (except for getting abused or serious stuff like that) is that i fall for people and have strong feelings and then saying goodbye is such a painfull thing.

Mind you i am not blinded , I am infact quite happy deep down. Blessed with frendships of such pureness and beauty. Meeting people with whom i feel like I have lived all my life... and I am thinking of you,PK, Lolli, Drew , dom , thistle, Orange and every one in Sheffield and also Tree, you drumming goddess and amazing soul and you, Mineiro, my blue scottish cat and all the Te Pooka fairies and elves...

I am not sinking in a self pity mode, cause that would be an insult to the amazing love I have received and the fantastic memories too... And besides, UK / France is so close... and i'll come "home" to my edinburgh family some time

But i know tht when this will happen to me in the most remote places where chances are i probably won't come back again ... I know that this will be hard... probably one of the biggest lessons in this trip ...

what was my point ?

maybe just write down what i know allready, that i am lucky and blessed and that this is what i will keep in mind... maybe also just turning to you beautifull people for wise words to express the same thing... sometimes hearing it from others helps...

love you

shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Cass my love!

The good part about goodbyes, is knowing deep down inside, that somewhere, someday, you will see that soul again `

and thats what makes it worthwhile!

so it is never really Goodbye, it is just goodbye for now....

much love sweetheart, enjoy your travels!

[ 06 November 2002, 13:00: Message edited by: Flynt ]

Currently on the right side up of the world.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
I was going to post.

In that case, cass,
you and I
shall never say goodbye

but its not quite right. Its nearly right.

I think im trying to say something like you never say goodbye to friendship and love like this.
You can shut your eyes to hear their voice or see their smile.

Damn I feel like english is my second language.
help can somebody understand

I guess what I'm trying to say is:
**Big smiles and giant bear hugs wrapped up in a Contact jugglers snow leopard blanket.**

Drew

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
hey glass,

are you trying to say, its never goodbye because no matter where Cass roams, she will always have a part of you with her, and her with you. And all she needs to do is close her eyes to feel you with her, and vice versa??

`

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Flynt:
Cass my love!

The good part about goodbyes, is knowing deep down inside, that somewhere, someday, you will see that soul again `

and thats what makes it worthwhile!

so it is never really Goodbye, it is just goodbye for now....

much love sweetheart, enjoy your travels!

I second that.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Ever since we spoke about this I've been thinking a bit about this and I was hoping there was some great peace of advice I could give. But there isn't.

You know I fall in love with people as well, and I miss people so much. Often when I visit places a large part of me never wants to leave, and when I do I miss it. Faces and moments stick in my mind. Like right now I want to go back to Sheffield and set up camp there, and I very easily could. To make it worse I really don't do the email or phone thing at all well (not a surprise as I don't do face to face that well!), so I don't have much of a direct connection afterwards.

That sadness is something we have to cope with and live with, and it's a sign and reminder that we had a wonderful time and met wonderful people. It's not necessarily a big negative thing to feel, it's an indicator of a very wonderful and positive experience. So, I get sad, but those times existed and are now part of me and who I am, and I've left a bit of me behind. I may never see those people again but I know the universe exists with them in it, and that makes the universe a cooler place to be in regardless of if I directly experience them again.

Hope that made sense.

What you need is a familiar face to follow you round the world, a face you never need to say goodbye to.
And when you've finished travelling come and live in the UK

[ 06 November 2002, 15:26: Message edited by: Dom ]

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
darling cass

"make your home inside your head, and furnish it with memories and love, that way, where ever you may be, you are always home"

goodbyes are so very hard. but as stated its never really goodbye as hopefully you have some good memories of me and of course everyone else i know ive wonderful ones of you, and hopefully we will meet again to remenice those experiances and share in new ones

lolli x x x

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Honestly Cass, I've been thinking quite a bit about that. I've taken the opposite approach and tried hard to focus on people that I know will be around rather than traveling the world. I'm kind of relieved that I won't be getting on a plane soon, meeting wonderful people, and then not seeing them for months or years. I'd always been far too good at saying goodbyes as I moved around a bit when I was a kid. Now, I think that my relationships are stronger and I hate to lose people, or grow apart.

I've even kept my distance from some HoP people that I know I'd get along great with because of the heartache of making a friend that I'll rarely get to see. (So those of you that don't get emails back from me that often, consider it a compliment )

As for me, the rock, I'm focusing on making friends within 200 miles of home. Honestly. Especially in light of a particular goodbye which sucked horribly.

I'm not sure what the solution is. I know that as a butterfly you'll be spreading sunshine throughout the world to others. But with every new beginning is a middle and an end. I often think of things as independant of time. An old friend that you have lost touch with and perhaps will never see again still played an important part in your Journey of Life. Enjoy the moment, relish the beginning, middle and end of all things.

You will always be my friend. I will always be a plane ride away. And soon you will have many more friends, just a plane ride away. Enjoy the journey.

The pain of the goodbye is temporary, the joy of the friendship is forever.

Kisses, love, hugs and eternal bonds,
NYC

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
{The rock thinks the butterfly is very brave to open her heart up so often and so fully. He admires her greatly for it... G'nite sweetie...}

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Cass my love the world is a small place.. love knows no bounds.. please if you do happen to find someone on your travels - never hold back. Anything can be sorted out!

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

4,224 posts

Posted:
Mucho thanks for the words and warmth.
I think it all makes sense of course and I allready agreeg before I read your words.

dom, i am happy that you are goign to be that friend who i will be meeting around the world here and there.

drew, Lolli, Flynt, Stix, kinudin, thank you muchly for the wisdoma nd warmth.

NYC, now I am back to being a butterfly, my beloved rock ? I know what you mean, NYC and especially since we have had so many talks about that and I know where you come from and totally understand your point of view as I know you understand mine. Anf for the record, that particular goodbye sucked indeed...

When I give my friendship it is not limited in time. true friends are those you can meet 20 years late and continue a conversation you started 20 y earlier without any problem or awckward feeling...

I think my very point was that with some people it will not be goodbye for now... it will be goodbye for ever because of their location (I am thinking rainforest tribes, himalayan etc) ... but then again you never know and it certainly is NO good reason to not just go for it.

i know the price to pay... and it is sooo worth it.

And as i type those words I suddenly realized why i am so crushed except for all you people that I love and miss and will love and will miss...

i am leaving Paris in 36 hours ... and am going to say goodbye to my grandmother who is 95 years old and who is my soulmate, my heart, my double... a goodbye for ever since she is in the worst health conditions...

I just realized it is that goodbye for ever that makes other goodbye so scary at the moment...

this is a bit strange for me to post such a personal intimate thing, but I really just realized how this is IT...

thank you

bless you all

i love you

Shine on
cassandra

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I don't think I'll ever forget her smile. Or her yelling "Viva Etas Unis!" every time I opened the door for her.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

4,224 posts

Posted:
LOL ..; yep... you can't help but fall in love for that great lady...
thank you for reminding of moments of her when she was still herself, my beautiful NYC

shine on
cassandra

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Cass darling, do you believe in an afterlife??? Will you never see your grandmother again?

If souls float like soap bubbles, then some are bound to stick together. Like the ideal of reincarnation, souls that are destined together will meet up, again and again and again....

Physical life is not forever, but whatever is afterwards is better, and we will All meet again `

*big hugz* my dear friend, i am looking forward to talking to you soon!

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Cass, you are more than just a friend, your family to me. I know that we will meet eachother soon or later and when we do there will be some good times. My home is always open to you, I will always be there when you need me. Dont be afraid to give a holla if needs be.

Mi casa es su casa

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Babe, traveller, wild wanderer, you know where your heart is.

Think of yourself as being born aloft by the friendship of all the people you have touched around the world.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
Cass,

Today marks the 2 month anniversary that I started poi.
You have given so much of your time, patience, passion and yourself to me.
You have started me down the path paved with poi and it has and will be a wonderful journey and I thank you for every single time I spin.

It was great to see you today, even for a few moments.
YOU are the angel, cass.

Safe travels, shade and sweet water,

Raphael

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Cass, my friend Mark wrote this in my travel book before I set off for Europe and it meant a lot to me:

"Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. Farewell is necessary before we can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes is certain for those who are friends."
-Richard Bach, "Illusions"
All my love, my .
Big hugs.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

4,224 posts

Posted:
Off in a few hours i wanted to thank you all for the warmth.
Raph, your beautiful present and friendship will be travelling with me, thank you

kali THANK YOU SO MUCH
I got the book today what a great surprise and you are a princess

much love
Shine on
cass

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
I'm sorry i missed you cass but if you ever see a luck dragon flitter by just shout and i'll pop down and say hello....

Tennis

My cat's breath smells like catfood

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
not really a goodbye...more sort of au revoir...

(fromageux i know...but i miss you more than you realise.. )

no one here will forget you so come back soon....xxxxxx

brain replacement...anyone?

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
You got it? You finally got it?! It was supposed to be there a month ago! Damn the postal service.
Oh well, as long as you got it...

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Hey Sis..
Send Ill be sending you an email here in the next week or so to give you my Cell phone number so you can call me when you get into Houston...We are going to have so much fun!! I cant wait..

Luv ya Be safe

Superman

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
(Hey superman, I mailed you $10 to the address you posted as a joke... I take it you never got it?... Silly me. )

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

4,224 posts

Posted:
I love you all more than you imagine

thank you is not strong enough so i ll just grin in front of my computer

Shine on
Cassandra

0rangestranger
13 posts

Posted:
talk about conti-nu-ity :*)>~

hail my orange sister
hope you're faerie wings are keeping you flying high wherever they've taken you...
love you soo much and my brain is coming to terms with not being able to play with toys
love and orangeness
0range (Rich)

swoopedinandbackoutagain,
Rich 0range ...Sheffield U.K.

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
DOn't say goodby (there for ever ) say see you when im looking at you or your paths in life will cross again.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk