Forums > Social Discussion > Flow - interesting article

Login/Join to Participate

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Since getting into poi the concept of flow in life has engulfed me. The feeling of moving perfectly in tune with elements of the world, creating something beautiful out of your own physical being, whilst still existing within an eternal flux.. you'll have to forgive me, I've had a smoke, but what do you think to this?

www.sortlifeout.com/flow.htm
Written by:

Going with the Flow
"Life just is. You have to flow with it.
Give yourself to the moment. Let it happen."
-- Jerry Brown --
The Tranquil Taoist
According to the book of Chuang-tzu, an old man is seen by some followers of Confucious swimming in a raging torrent; suddenly, he disappears. The pupils of Confucious rush to save him, but the man reaches the bank entirely unaided. Asked how he had pulled off this remarkable feat of survival, the man replied that he had simply let himself go with the descending and ascending currents in the water. The true Taoist, in other words, moulds his senses, body and mind until they are at one with the currents of the world without.
From Sacred Symbols, Tao
Characteristics of being aware in the flow:
• More Synchronicties - weird chance occurences - bumping into friends you haven't seen in a long time but just thought of the other / same day!
• More Symbols - Icons that have special meaning
• More Vivid Dreams - with special messages
• Abundance - your desires/ fears will manifest quicker
• Inner Happiness / contentment / Inner stillness
• Life feels like a holiday / mystery / movie / dream
• There is a sense of purpose / direction in your life
• Events play out fluidly one after another eg. phone calls / meetings / customers one after the other instead of all at once
• Take each day as it comes - each day is an amazing adventure mystery waiting to happen
• You are aware of your desires, greed and ambitions from moment to moment
• you get the perfect parking places - for the highest good
• In`tuition increases - especially the more you use and trust it
Principles, natural laws Manifestation & The Flow
• You get what you need, rather than what you want - however over time these two will unite - you will want what you need or you just won't desire at all - after all every moment is special in own way
• Enjoy every experience - no matter how bad/ ridiculous it seems - Know that this too shall soon pass!
• Sod's law - when you are 'in the flow' all the things that you don't want to happen are more likely to happen if you focus on them
• because you have more power in the flow your fears and desires are more likely to be attracted to you faster and more consciously.
• So minimise negative / fear based thinking - In the flow fears manifest quicker - be careful what you wish for
• Know that every experience is a lesson / test / opportunity to show our mastery of ourselves and life's natural laws

• Still occasional times of losing power / feeling low or drained - shows that playing control drama or attached to outcome / expectations.
• The essenes taught 'Life is like a mirror' - you don't like in others what you don't like about yourself - the next time you get stressed - stop, feel the feeling, write it down, release the feeling and think why you got stressed - 99.9% of the time I have found that I don't like in others what I don't like in myself
Law of request - you can ask your higher consciousness / angels / daikini / self / Ascended Masters / to show you signs - just be aware of them and thank them
Intuition vs. Impulse - Law of three -
to check if your hunch / thought / desire is intuitive or ego / fear / greed based let the thought leave your mind - if the thought comes back three times it is more likely to be intuition - this is what many successful stock brokers do!

Engaging The Flow - Ch. 7, Celestine Prophecy, Experiential Guide
Engaging in the Flow of Evolution - checklist
Keep Energy Strong
• Be open and feel love coming in - remind yourself of a time you felt strong love
• Observe beauty to increase energy - relax and observe and commune with nature
• stop as often as necessary to build energy - relax take a few deep breaths and imagine yourself filling with light
• stay in a state of love as much as possible - do what you love to do - remind self of a peak experience - feel a background feeling of love
"Ask and you shall receive. Knock and the door will be opened.”
• center yourself in the present - take a few deep breaths and find your centre point (below solar plexus)
• Remember your core life question (from parents)
• State clearly what your current questions are - can abstract or concrete something like - ' What is the best way forward, for the highest good'
• Keep these in the forefront of your attention. Watch your thoughts and dreams
Stay Alert
• Take an observer point of view asif you are watching a mystery to unravel ( this helps you to releas the need to control)
• Notice if something is brighter or more colourful as a signal to help you make a choice
• Notice thoughts and hunches (this is info you need to know)
• Compare your dreams to your present situation and see what they reveal that you are overlooking or missing
• If you don't understand the information you are receiving or don't seem to be getting any, please make sure you are asking the right question. Ask another question
Probe coincidences
• Notice how coincidences fill you with energy
• What is the coincidence bringing into awareness?
• Is there further work to be done with this person?
• If you have a hunch about something or recurring thoughts, become alert for the next coincidence or message. It usually moves you in a direction of the thought or hunch
Send Energy to others
• Give your full attention and energy to those you meet because they all have a message for you, and you for them
• Remember that you don't have to use your control drama to compete for energy
• Remember that the energy flowing out of you creates a current that pulls energy into you at the same rate, so you are continually replenished

We are all already in the flow - the cycles of life - ups and downs
However many of us are not aware of the flow and thus we try to fight it are change it to suit our needs, fears and desires.

We are happy when things go well, but when things aren't going 'my' way or the way 'I' want we get stuck in a rut.
Information is a constant stream - we use intention and attention to filter out what we need. Our conscious observes, our unconscious attracts experiences, relationships.
We need to be detached from the outcome. However visualise positive outcomes and know, feel, see, hear, smell that you have what you desire, for the highest good.
Going with the flows means acceptance - overcoming the fear of losing control
We don't need to control everything - it is exciting to have suprises - observe your life as a exciting mystery movie.
Trust in the process. Let go, surrender to the power of your unconscious / superconscious.
The way I see it - if you do good deeds with positive pure intentions you will be on a positive karmic flow / spiral and vice versa.
Be aware of when you step out of the flow or when you are trying to manipulate the flow for your own selfish needs.
Tao Te Ching, Lao Tzu
Jung
https://www.damanhur.org/synchronic/
The Synchronic Book - Western style I ching

Thoughts?

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
I'll take that as a "none" then.

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Patience.... remember to go with the flow... let the grass grow by itself etc, etc smile

I'll not post any thought at this point, other than to say I thought the passage you quoted summed up nice and consisely some stuff that is very useful for me to bear in mind, but which often slips away.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Written by: onewheeldave

Patience.... remember to go with the flow... let the grass grow by itself etc, etc smile

Well one day's wu wei is enough for me wink I'm being mindful of my thread's descent off the page without a reply..

Thoreau

Analemmaenthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
Truth needs no answer . . . it just is . . . .

. . . true wink

wave andy

To learn - read. To know - write. To master - teach . . .

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
ditto

....and perhaps we shouldnt have wrong expectations and have more patience....maximimises happiness!!! ubblol

tina

- Ho Sa -
kisses & peace & love to beautiful madges
*rever le temps le prendre*

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
patience is an important one. And, be sure to sit back and see things differently, rather than being dragged down by everything rushing past. Take some time, give some time, and you'll receive your own time. smile

Gnarly CraniumSILVER Member
186 posts

Posted:
Written by: nearly_all_gone

"Life just is. You have to flow with it.
Give yourself to the moment. Let it happen."
-- Jerry Brown --

..I am wondering if this Jerry Brown is the same one I've heard of, author of a book called 'The Power of Doing Nothing'. If so that'd be one of those funky coincidences they're talking about. I've been having this kind of month for sure. cool

"Ours is not to question The Head; it is enough to revel in the ubiquitous inanity of The Head, the unwanted proximity of The Head, the unrelenting HellPresence of The Head, indeed the very UNYIELDING IRRELEVANCE of The Head!" --Revelation X

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
synchronicity wink

Groovy_DreamSILVER Member
addict
449 posts

Posted:
'because you have more power in the flow your fears and desires are more likely to be attracted to you faster and more consciously'

I haven't heard that one before... eep!