Forums > Social Discussion > Is Mugabe a lesser Hitler?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
In light of Mugabe's recent re-election, I wondered how long this racist murderer will remain in power for.

What are your opinions on him, and this recent election?

The opposition are protesting and stating that there was mass vote rigging.

I dont like Mugabe.
He is a bad man and has a Hitler moustache.

NantheosSILVER Member
82 posts

Posted:
He will probably stay in power until he dies.. either he gets killed, or he dies a natural death from old age....but is the second one happens he will put another guy up who feels exactly the same as he does...
It's not really nice but I hope he gets killed..it will save countless lives. Hopefully there won't be a civil war after his death..

Hij die zijn kind benzine voert moet niet roken als het boert.

Love you MyIng ubblove

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
OK, I am so cut off from the rest of the world.

Who is Mugabe? *hides with embarrassment*

All I can work out is that he sounds like some sort of right wing, fascist dictator, similar to Pinochet (Chile), Francisco Franco (spain), and Adolf Hitler.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
He is the President of Zimbabwe and I believe he openly supports the uprising of blacks agsint white farm owners in order to "reclaim land"...

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I think that he's openly admitted that getting people to kick the white farmers out was a really bad idea - lots of the land is just sitting there doing nothing useful for the economy or the hungry mouths in Zimbabwe.
He really should have thought that one through a bit better, but then I don't think he really cares at all about anyone else in the country.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
ed im dissapointed in you.... how can you not know who Mugabe is????you must have been cut off from the rest of the world.
lol...love you really...

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
I think it's very sad that Mugabe was re-elected in Zimbabwe. The economy of that country is extrememly unstable at the moment, in large part due to what he has done in the past. There is a huge black market for the currency which is transferred at rates far superior to the actual government rate. The locals all know not to trust the banks. There is also a SEVERE gas shortage in the cities such that it is almost impossible to get any unless you live in the tourist town of Victoria Falls.

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:
MUGABE BAD!!!
HITLER BAD!!!
BEER GOOD!!!

Fair luna bright, fair luna moon
it shines at night but fades too soon
fair luna moon, fair luna bright
forever we dance
we dance under starlight

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
Zimbabwe is this close **gestures with fingers really close together** to falling over. It used to be one of the most succesful nations in Africa, a beacon to show that Africa really could work. Not any more.

Anyone in South Africa? Is Thabo Mbeki still spouting that these elections were "fair and free"?

Zimbabwe hasn't got any oil, that's why Mugabe is still in power abd Sadam isn't.

Also, Mugabe is apparently on the tail end of syphilis so his brain is rotting (technical term I believe) which may go some way to explaining the state of the nation

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

quietanalytic
503 posts

Posted:
anyone fancy invading zimbabwe?

just a thought

ture na sig

DominoSILVER Member
757 posts

Posted:
See above. No oil.

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
'It used to be one of the most succesful nations in Africa, a beacon to show that Africa really could work.'

while under an apartheid style, neo-colonial system managed by rich white men... Mugabe's an [censored] (undisputedly), but don't romanticise Britain's imperialist legacy.

One of the things Mugabe's done which really pissed western governments off was to demand that the UK pay compensation for invading and colonising african land, which if you think about isn't really that unreasonable (widespread human rights abuse isn't considered particularly offensive as long as you support western buisness intrests, see Suharto, Pinochet, Pol Pot, Karimov. Saddam (pre '91) and a long list of others)

While he's a tyrant who has contributed to the impovrishment of his people there's little we (in the UK/US) can do about beyond the current trade sanctions...

Instead why don't we worry more about countries whose tyrannical leaders we support, arm and invest in... Uzbekistan anyone???

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Nietzsche

DominoSILVER Member
757 posts

Posted:
Written by: dream

don't romanticise Britain's imperialist legacy.

Fair enough. I just mention it because the vibe in South Africa was that Zim was working and now everything has gone to hell.

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
It just amazes me how much damage has been done to zimb. in the last 3 years since mugabe started his lock down on land - the whole economy of the country has gone a wall - its worse than pre war germany the money there means nothing.

While it is true you shouldnt glorify the human rights abuse that occured undre british rule that was a long time ago and zimb was doing very well until very recently.

back

quietanalytic
503 posts

Posted:
human rights abuses and economic stability are eminently compatible . . .

ture na sig

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
'zimb was doing very well until very recently'

and Mugabe's been in charge since Zimbabwe gained independence (and became known as Zimbabwe) from Britain in 1980... i don't understand your point... having the majority of the population (blacks) live in abject poverty while working for rich colonials (on farms and in mines)might mean a health economy but I'd hardly call that a state which was 'doing well.' Mugabe has [censored] things up, but land redistribution isn't actually a bad idea... unless your saying we (the Brits) conquered it so it's ours and the natives are only good for our labour... I really hope you aren't

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Nietzsche

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Just to add a random point to the thread...

Mugabe plans to fly to the Vatican to join the host of other heads of state for the Pope's funeral.

A cardinal for the region has described it as 'a shameful publicity stunt'.

Mugabe is banned from entering European countries, so his attendence will depend on whether officials allow him to land.

Should be interesting to see Mugabe and Blair in the same room.

Getting to the other side smile

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
IN another setting, their meeting might be interesting, but I doubt it will be for the funeral. It's a very solemn affair, and only a select set of people are allowed in the area as the heads of states. They are bound to be respectful of why they are there and behave accordingly.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Why on earth is Mugabe going to Venice to see the Pope?

frown

Hasnt he heard he died?

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Venice??? where'd you see that?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Right over where it now says "Vatican"

wink

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Jon y'fool

Getting to the other side smile

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Because he is a devout Catholic.. believe it or not..

My dad is Zimbabwean he was born there and so was his mother, and they both still live there with their respective spouses.
Mugabe's attitude to the whites out there could only be discribe here as Blair telling all our Asian's and Afro-carribean citizens to piss off back to where they came from, even if they were born here and running some of the most important industries that help to fuel our everyday lives... it doens't work these days.. - we are all an intregrated nation.. lawas are being passed in this coutry to stop incitement to racial hatered. Mugabe spouts it every day, mostly in Blairs direction..

I've seen the whole infrastucture crumble in the short years that my parents have moved out there... , the petrol is available throughout the land, but in limited quantities.. remember our petrol shortage? Two years ago, the last time I visited, it was like that every day.. hours and hours to que, cars all over the place.. half of them would not be able to pass an MOT here, for lack of parts to repairs.in 5 years the sanctions have really hit the average person - not the governement who it is supposed to.

Food is available, but so over priced it is out of reach for the average family. Inflation ws 3000% percent last count. They can't print more money as it costs too much, and it's out of date before you know it - I've got a 'bearer cheque' for $20,000 Zim dollers that if you hold it to the light, says $500 dollers in the water mark, funny thing is that it has a use by date of the end of last year.. see what ultimate corruption does? The president lives lavishly, whilst his public's money is deemed worthless if not used quick enough. Lots of people don't trust the banks.. as they don't get money back, and yet they can't save the cash they do have..

urgh.. this subject always really depresses me, especially I've seen the inactive famers, who have been given land, but do nothing but drink Cachaasou (local moonshine rocket fuel) and sit on their arses waiting for a hand out, 'coz they deserve it'

so ya.. anyway.. Mugabe is an evil man.. I agree with you.. I didn't know about the syphallis tho.. hope it speeds up.

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

tadpoleGOLD Member
enthusiast
200 posts

Posted:
As a Zimbabwean living in Zimbabwe, I feel I should probably say something...

There is fuel, you can buy it at any garage you choose to, at the moment it costs about ZW$ 4 000.00 a litre, which at the black market exchange rate of 25000 Zim $ to 1 pound ( where is the pound symbol ???) comes to about 16p. Fuel is expected to go to 10 000 fairly soon though. (40p).

The land situation is indeed grim, I flew over what were regarded as our grain belt the other day and there is absolutely nothing but a few mielies growing. The masses now have their land, the problem here is that the masses don't know how to farm, have no experience or expertise, nor do they have any inclination to farm. In the vast majority of cases, the people who were resettled didn't actually want to move in the first place but were forced to by their chief's who were in turn forced by the man himself.

There is currently a new act in force, called POSA (public order and security act), under which the police can detain anyone suspected of uttering anti mugabe comments. it's obviously a lot broader than that, but i can't be bothered, along with a lot of zimbabweans, to read it. people i know were recently detained at bob's pleasure (we call him bob) for sending on a joke via email that was regarded as anti bob. That's ongoing, so i'll let you know what happens to them just for interest sake. a ZANU fellow saw the email and reported them, half an hour later police were at their door, which is very ironic. I've been broken into a couple of times, and you have to go and pick the cops up from the station in your car as they have no transport...

Not sure what my point was in this post, despite all the crap we have to put up with here I still consider the best place to live. The advantages continue to outweigh the disadvantages, i just wish somebody would build us a coastline...

Take it easy.

PS. Yo Stix, long time, hope all is well... The 20 000 bearer cheque is still alive and well, its printed on the old 50 note. It's our biggest note. Try imagining going out with no note with denomination higher than 80p.

Don't worry, be happy...

tadpoleGOLD Member
enthusiast
200 posts

Posted:
Didn't actually answer the question.

Mugabe is a prick.

Don't worry, be happy...

tadpoleGOLD Member
enthusiast
200 posts

Posted:
Just realised I can be arrested for that.

F**king ridiculous.

Don't worry, be happy...

tadpoleGOLD Member
enthusiast
200 posts

Posted:
Just realised I can be arrested for that.

F**king ridiculous.

Don't worry, be happy...

The...JokerMember
91 posts

Posted:
arrested for what,may i ask,for i cannot click back to see previous postings.

its lazinesss,you get used to it

never ever EVER, poke me with that thing.

just my little joke. As always.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"Mugabe is a Prick"

Is what was said.

I agree with him. smile

Would Zimbabweans even know prick is an insult?
I always thought it was maninly only used in England...

umm

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
course they would.. smile

Hey Tadpole! Hope all is well.. coastline? man you got Kariba and Vic Falls.. why would you need a coast line... oh yeah to sun bath and swim with out the hassle of the croc's! LoL

off to SA soon to see mum and dad.. they didn't think it would be a good idea for us to visit zim so close to the elections and stuff.. dad's job is going week to week at the mo.. they might have to pull out to SA soon.. lets hope not tho.. as it woudl leave Nana and Gramps out there alone.. frown

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

tadpoleGOLD Member
enthusiast
200 posts

Posted:
Come and visit Stix, life here is as its always been, it's just the news that makes it seem so gloomy. People from other countries tell us when we have riots and things like that cause they see it on the news. We who live here have no idea they are happening because they tend to be tiny little outbursts that wouldn't normally be noticed. If you decide to come and need a place to stay, give me a shout...

UCOF - Not only is he a prick, but tosser, wanker and stupid bloody git also seem to apply with extreme aptness.

Don't worry, be happy...

Page: