Forums > Social Chat > sparkey almost got "jumped"

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
i've got a rather funny story (at least i thought it was funny). i was sitting on the curb of the shopping centre by my house, eating/drinking a slurpee. a bunch of black kids (not that their race means anything, it's just to help you visualize) walked by, and one of them noticed that i wasn't wearing shoes. they proceeded to be predictably stupid, making remaks such as "why the [they said a very naughty word here] ain't you got no shoes on?" and the like. i explained that i don't like shoes, so they asked me for fifty cents. i then informed them that i had no such currency, as i had just purchased a slurpee, and that my money is my own business. they nocked the slurpee out of my hands (still can't figure out exactly why they felt the need to do this, it was a perfectly good slurpee) onto the ground. having no more cause to sit on the curb drinking a slurpee, as i no longer had any such drink, i got up to go home. they started to shove me about. at this point, i would like to remind you that this is taking place in teh middle of a buisy shopping centre. presently, an off duty police officer pulled up in his car and requested that the gentlemen in question [same bad word] off. i thanked him and went on my way. as i was leaving the shopping center, i heard him asking them where the [again, the naughty word. what is our world comming to?] they lived. i laughed, and proceeded home unhindered.

the point is, it's very amusing how i nearly got jumped for not wearing shoes. i'm a rather non-threatening guy (even if i have wierd hair), and my feet aren't particularly offensive. it's quite unfortunate how they reinforce these racial stereotypes, most of the black kids at my school do so. i'm very thankfull that i have black friends who keep me from turning into a racist, because that would be non-cool

this is a really long post, and has no graemlins at all. i shall remidey this: weavesmiley smile

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I'll bet there are plenty of white kids who would like to beat you up to! wink tongue

Note: Just glad it didn't get violent, and that you are okay. hug
EDITED_BY: Patrick the Bubba Badger (1112242819)

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
Lol, the question is WHY?!
Wierd, they may be feeling a little insecure about themselves....losers...i dont care who they are, what race they are and if they ahev shoes or not...knocking your perfectly good slurpee away adn trying to start you....lunacy

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
your story is very well told, I particularly liked your concern for the slurpee and it's welfare

great story, glad you could see the funny side ubbrollsmile

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
Poor defenceless Slurpee. Such sencelessness in the world frown

S you weren't wearing shoes and have odd hair. What the [censored] does that maker? I hate this kind of pointless crap. And I bet all the others in the shopping center didn't even look twice.

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
stereotypes s**t me. Down where i live we're getting a lot of african refugees which is a good thing, they need help and we can give it to them. The only problem is that almost all the younger guys immediatly latch onto the american gangsta bulls**t. its totally stupid, here we are in Australia and these kids are just wearing snoopdog plastic clothes and trying to rap, they're so ready to throw away their own culture for a fake stupid Fad, sometimes i just want to scream at them to be who they really are and give up the tryhard bs, aarrrrrrgh!

all frustrated now......

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I think it's because they feel brave and score a "point" if three of them gang up on you because 3-on-1 is such a challenge. rolleyes

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

1,803 posts

Posted:
Ha! Stereotypes....dont get me started!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Never underestimate the stupidity that can occur when bored young men begin to accumulate in large groups.

It's ALMOST as bad as the stupidity that can occur when bored older men begin to accumulate in large groups.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

PhaerieBRONZE Member
veteran
1,240 posts

Posted:
kind of reminds me of something that happened to me...

i was walking down the street in the middle of melbourne on my way to the markets, then out of nowhere a guy walking past decided to punch me in the jaw. all i remember of him was that he was really tall, hairy and eating a sausage (very messily). i stopped very stunned eek and decided to leave it, figured he must have just not liked the look of me or some such, walk about 5m around the corner and he had kneed another woman in the guts and pushed her over... my bf at the time ran off after the guy and saw a trail of destruction... people wiping blood off faces etc. we called the cops and they did nothing. NOTHING.
anyway... thats the end of my story.
the only violence i have ever really encountered, and it was from a stranger eating a sausage.
why do people feel the need for needless violence?? where is the love??? heart ubblove??!?!?!

Only when you close your eyes can you really see...

1,803 posts

Posted:
Woman haters suck.

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I got told to watch my back once by this 'older sister' of a boy because I wouldn't go to the cinema with him rolleyes
I said I would try but unfortunatly my neck dosn't turn that far around.

People suck smile

1,803 posts

Posted:
Some girl said id ahve her to deal with if i started telling people she was bagging me.
Shes knee high to a grasshopper and one small flick could knock her over.
I swear, peopel sometimes dont knwo what they're getting themselves into

PhaerieBRONZE Member
veteran
1,240 posts

Posted:
*nods* walking home one night i had 2 separate guys look me in the eye and tell me to "be careful" (this was about 11pm and in a not very nice area) that freaked me a little... damn people with anger and hatred frown again i say... WHERE'S THE LOVE?!?!?

Only when you close your eyes can you really see...

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
wow, thought I had managed to shake this leech off.
Just got a text from her saying she hadn't forgotten what I had done, and then went on to accuse me of sleeping with her fiancé.
Don;t even know who this girl is let alone her man whore

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
edit: accidentally posted in wrong thread
EDITED_BY: Havokist (1112305531)

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

ilsanyamanic over a fence
798 posts

Posted:
grouphug
last year i nearly got beaten up because some girls thought that my clothes were weird. its not much fun is it? why do these people do it?

Quid Pro Quo
5|>00|\|5 /-\|^3 <00|!

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: LLiigghhttnniinngg

I think it's because they feel brave and score a "point" if three of them gang up on you because 3-on-1 is such a challenge. rolleyes

Yup.. thats aboot the jist of it...

Ive been "jumped" twice in london... no harm done, cept to my pride.. but both times there were more of them than me. And i was wearing shoes...

Both time they asked for a small some of money... like 20p or somethink, bewfore trying to take stuff. The first group didnt get nothing, cos i wasnt taking any sh!t.. but the other group, a group of abou 5 black 17 year olds, got a fiver off me at the legalise cannabis festical/march at brockwell park... no doubt they went to get sum weed with there new found riches.

Its a pack mentality. There are more of us then u, so we will win. Assholes...

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Carnivalmember
51 posts

Posted:
shiiii-at 0_o

much scary.. D: i had a recent encounter with bogans((skinheads, trash, yob-y types.. in case you aren't native Tasmanian)) as well actually~ -_-

It's just fooked up how they find some STUPID thing..... or nothing at all in the case i was last involved with, and become all violent over it.. :/

THE HUMAN RACE RAWKS. [/sarcasm]

raah rahh RAAAH, why does everyone keep staring??

"YES, it's a banana, NO you can't touch it.."

"OOH MY GOD, I THINK IT'S -NESTING- IN MY PANTS!!!>!?>!1"

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
it is really annoying with people think that because they're in a bigger group than you then they'll be able to scare you.

[long random story]

i was taking a shortcut down an alley at about 10 pm to my mates house with him and one of my other mates. i was wearing my baggy's and they were wearing baggy but not too baggy jeans and they were both wearing long leather trench-coats. my mate was taking his samurai sword set from the house he was moving from, to the house we was moving to, when about 20 little scrots, (used for lack of better word) the kind that are all about 5 foot tall, skinny and think they're ten men. they wander over, don't take much notice and when they're behind us they start yelling stupid insults like "yo baggy men" and rubbish like that. we stopped and turned around and they came over and a bout three of them pulled out mini flick knives things that don't even deserve to be called knives. both my mates looked at me, one of them me his coat and the scrots ran probably for the fact that he's built like a brick s*** house and the other one said in a very simpson-y style "you call that a knife? this is a knife" and pulled out one of the swords tongue

[/long random story]

Carnivalmember
51 posts

Posted:
ha hahaaaaaaaar~ >; }

sure showed them scrots.....((again becoz that word friggin' rawks)) XD

raah rahh RAAAH, why does everyone keep staring??

"YES, it's a banana, NO you can't touch it.."

"OOH MY GOD, I THINK IT'S -NESTING- IN MY PANTS!!!>!?>!1"

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
was quite funny, and specially cause i knew one of the ones that pulled one of the knife-things out, and he got grounded for about 3 months tongue

serves the fool right smile

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
heh, i like that story because it's funny! it's times like these that make me wish i hadn't left my battleaxe at home. i've noticed that people dont screw around with me when i have it on me. odd...

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
what a bizarre story sparkey!! eek glad you're okay though! poor slurpy! tongue

but can i just say something a lil off topic...can we please curb the swearing a bit peoples? and if you spell it wrong but when you say it out loud IT STILL SAYS THE SAME THING! so please quit it with the bad language?? the censored thingo comes up for a reason y'know!!

*public servant rant over*

smile

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

meghannenthusiast
302 posts

Posted:
grr, poor slurpy! and i agree, i don't like shoes i somtimes dont wear them, but only in summer, hummm..
yes n e way it is bad these days but then again its always been like it hasnt it rewly, i justt dont c y people do it, what satisfaction can they possibly get? and usualy there is no reason for it at all, i mean if youve treated them like poo for ages theyve kinda got an excuse but well
i mean i had about 5/6 years of verbal abuse and on occasion minor physical abuse... wait for it... because my hair is ginger! WHAT!

ive learned
life is tough... but im tougher

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
merrr? i didn't know that you could be abused for something like that. that's just silly! i though only red haired people got grief

-James

10,530 posts

Posted:
thats very Crocodile Dundee-y ubblol

Stoopid scrots angry

A friend of my mums is in the marines, and is soooooooo very tall. Ummmm... so these kids tried to take his mobile from him outside his flat. rolleyes They then trued it again a day later, and then the next day.

Seems that some people arent very bright...

I wonder if theres a trend between intelligence and street crime biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
no, it's just that today's non educated delinquant's havn't learnt the art not getting caught tongue

monkeynamedspankPadawan
197 posts

Posted:
i dunno, there is the fact that they all look the same. Makes it rather hard to pick one out, though saying that they're probably all just as bad as each other (there's that stereotyping).

Unfortunately there's not a lot can be done about them. Scallies/Chavs/Bogans whatever you call them are actually one of the more prevalent social groups around these days. I'm sure armageddon is on the way.

Damn the addictiveness of forums! (Or should it be addictivity?)

10,530 posts

Posted:
yes.... if not, its one of the plagues shrug its the modern day equivalent of locusts biggrin

shen shuiSILVER Member
no excuses. no apologies.
1,799 posts

Posted:
Written by: Phaerie

why do people feel the need for needless violence?? where is the love??? heart ubblove??!?!?!

all you need is love.
love is all you need.

those that know, dont say. those that say, dont know.

Page: