Page: ...
KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
Hullo. This is kinda odd, last forum I joined I knew most of the people on it, here I don't know anyone. Hopefully that won't last though! Anyway, here's me (sort of).

Name: Kat
Age:27, so theoretically old enough to know better, but it doesn't seem to be working!
Hobbies: costuming, tapestry, sword fighting, lots of other stuff, and now staff spinning too!
First time spinning: Firestaff at about 3am in a field at the re-enactmant of the Battle of Bannockburn last September. Been hooked ever since, and my lovely fiance bought me a firestaff (and a balloon animal blowing kit!) for Christmas, isn't he nice?! Haven't lit it yet though, thought it might be good to stop hitting myself with it first.

Can't think of anything else right now, it's Monday morning and my brain has melted. Need more sleep.

Anyway, hello and hugs to all you nice people.
hug hug hug hug

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

KITTENS!!!!

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Costuming and swordfighting.....lush. wink Cant think of many better hobbies . biggrin..or are they obsessions......and now another obsession with spinning as well.

Welcome to HOP hug hug hug biggrin biggrin

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Greetings from one Kat to another! Welcome to HOP, its a great site, enjoy!

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Hello wave

Do you like the colour pink? ubbangel

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
:hello and welcome to HoP!!

wave weavesmiley

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
Gidg bounces in on her pogo stick ... boing ... boing ... boing ...

Welcome to HoP Kat.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
welcome and wavehello Kat B

It won't take long before you know loads of us. We kind of just sneak up on you and force you to talk to us! biggrin

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
its true, it happened to me. .:hughughug:. hi, and welcome!!! and congrats on the fiance bit

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
Thanks guys!
Sneaking up on people and making them talk is a thing I tend to do too. 'Tis fun!

Brain working better now is not Monday!

The costuming and sword fighting probably do border rather on obsessional. Every so often I cover the flat in thread and fluff when making things out of strange fabrics or making a new bit of authenty type kit. All things mediaeval are a big interest, even my other favourite thing - cooking - is being subsumed into it! There just aren't enough hours in the day, or days in the year!

Sorry Pink...? I'm afraid I'm not a huge pink fan, much prefer purple. Although I did have two colours of pink braids (in with the other colours!) a couple of years ago. Prefer purple though.

And thank you sparkey biggrin

It's snowing here. Lots. Maybe I'll get to go home, yay! biggrin biggrin

KITTENS!!!!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Welcome to HoP!
Cheers!
ubbloco weavesmiley juggle ubbloco

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
Yay, someone else replied to my thread! Thought I might be lost in the ether there, 'specially with not knowing anyone.

Pleased with self, managed to do side o side combination in hallway last night without hitting me or the walls!

Still not lit staff yet though, bit cold here, and paraffin is 40 miles away at parents house, cos that's where I opened Christmas presents and me paranoid dad put it in the garage and won't let me take it home in case my flat burns down! Probably good thing, my fingers don't work very well in the cold. eek

It's Friday!!!! bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

KITTENS!!!!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Might be a good idea to wait until its warmer to light up! wink

Dr GreenthumbBRONZE Member
Roll up!, The Doctors in the house!
243 posts

Posted:
hey hey hows trix,

good to see people spinin in ed still need to pop over the bridge ma self to the green for spin,

happy spinnin!!

If we all ate one person then i'd be full.

Dr GreenthumbBRONZE Member
Roll up!, The Doctors in the house!
243 posts

Posted:
green sorry its on the mind meant the meadows

If we all ate one person then i'd be full.

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
Which bit of Fife Dr Greenthumb? Originally from round those parts meself!

Haven't made it to the meadows yet either, that 'getting up early for work' thing's a pain. Got lessons on Thursday from the lovely Bleucat and co though!

KITTENS!!!!

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm... you know, if it's about getting up early, you'd better go now, because later in the year it's getting dark really really late wink! On the other hand, it'll be warmer...
BUT since there were only Phin and me last night, you and Dr. Greenthumb and all the others who weren't there should really come! You missed out on chocolates this week!!

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Where do you teach? (tell tell tell tell!) (or you could just give the initials and I could try and work it out...)

Also: I know somebody who was at bannockburn 2004. His name is ben.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
How did i miss this one?

Welcome to HoP Kat bounce

Would you like some Spaghetti Bolognase and a massage or are you another one of those poxy veggies!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
Sorry Birgit, boo to missing chocolates. Later in the year being lighter not such a problem, cos of summer holidays and warmer is good. Yay!
Might manage this Monday as have In service training boredom on Tuesday, so don't actually have to teach. Still have to get up early though. frown

mcp: Your challenge is to work out which school this is: WCHS smile
Don't think I met anyone called Ben at Bannockburn, although might have done. Dislocated kneecap on the Friday night (after playing with staff) so was a bit miserable and hid for most of the rest of the weekend. It was very wet and muddy.

Pyrowill: Hullo! wave
I like spaghetti bolognese very much, although I tend to make a lot of mess eating it (how does bolognese sauce end up on the back of your neck?!) Massage would be lovely - my back is perpetually tense! Fiance might object though.

KITTENS!!!!

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Wallace College?

I don't know any schools that begin with W, apart from watsons, but that would be george watsons.

booo.

You don't work at a school I know. Or have even played squash at.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
Tis not a school in Edinburgh, tis in West Lothian just south of Livingston (scary place).
Don't think we even have a squash court!!

KITTENS!!!!

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
West Calder High School?

a random guess for you smile

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
Well done Miss Molly, how did you guess?

What prize would you like? I'm quite good at cake.

hug hug

KITTENS!!!!

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
my prize of choice when I do well is a lolly smile
or maybe chocolate raisins...

but I DO love cake biggrin

hug

Does this mean I'll have to not be slack and come out on Monday?

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
If you come on Monday I will make and bring honey cake. And if mcp is there then she will find out whether I am real or not!

hug

KITTENS!!!!

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
Sad today. My gran died last night. ubbcrying

Sore nose too. Note to self - don't try helicopter spins with cold hands.

KITTENS!!!!

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
sorry to hear that, Kat! hug

If this cheers you up about the helicopter accident, I had a very big lower lip a few weeks ago after trying new stuff with clubs juggle those handles hurt!!

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Hi Kat, I expected to click to see a happy cheery intro, and saw the first message of page 2, with the note about your gran. Very sorry to hear about it. Hope you feel better soon. I did click back to see the intro btw, here's hi from one relatively new forumer to another!

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
Thanks guys, and wavehello to postpossum.

Am normally pretty cheery but not so much today. Gran was 99 and quite fragile, and I hadn't seen her for a long time (which I feel very guilty about). Everytime dad went down to Guildford I was at work and if I went myself it would have confused and upset her as she wouldn't know who I was. Now it feels like such a lame and pathetic excuse. Last time I saw her she was in hospital and it took 2 days for her to remember me, but we took her out to Wisley gardens and she really loved it. When I was little she told me I was a 'useful girl' because I knew how to make custard - she didn't really know how to deal with girls. I used to sit at the bottom of her garden when we visited and watch the bees going in and out of the beehives. I wish I'd been able to tell her we are going to learn how to keep bees and get beehives next year. I was really looking forward to giving her a jar of our honey.
So many good memories of her, but I suppose she hasn't really been my gran for years now. She was very frail, and got so upset at not being able to remember things, or hear people. Now she isn't confused or in pain anymore, and in a way I feel bad for feeling sad, but I still do. ubbcrying

Sorry, random outpouring over, thanks for listening. To anyone else who's lost someone they love, many hugs.

KITTENS!!!!

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
Gaaaaaaaaargh!! mad2 mad2 mad2 mad2

Phew, that's better. Frustration somewhat abated.

Not so sad now, nice people let me ramble at them and feed them cake and it helped lots. thankx and hug

Got to go put car in for service. Silly thing. Booked service on Monday, front half of exhaust fell off on way home from work on Tuesday. Why it couldn't wait 2 days I don't know . shrug
Why it couldn't have fallen off when the back half fell off a month ago I don't know either! Silly car.

hug's for everyone!

KITTENS!!!!

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
Bumpity bumpity bump! (again!)

I should probably give up, since I'm the only one writing in my thread! rolleyes

I have driven many miles this weekend, and am about to drive many more. eek

I have also spent a fortune on random cool re-enactory type things. My living room contains: 2 cow hides, 1 sheepskin, 6 skeins of (authentically, naturally dyed) wool, 4 skeins of silk (see wool!), a cow horn (to make into mead horn - hurrah!), a lucet (fro making braided cords), 2 chamois skins (small), some more leather - thick for making shoe soles, lots of fruit leather cos it's tasty, a leatherworking kit, 2 books (for other people) 2 metres of grey woolen cloth (to become reat of cloak cos I ran out), aiglets. Think thats all. Oh, and 1 enthusiastic Kat! biggrin Re-enactors fairs are fun! Failed to buy a sword though, couldn't find any I liked.

Methinks I could be busy for a while. Musn't forget that I have bridesmaids dresses to make too! Aaargh.

Off to Surrey shortly. Back on Wednesday. 'Tis a long way.

hug hug to all who read this.

KITTENS!!!!

Page: ...