jexXymember
37 posts

Posted:
I know this was over a week ago but ive been recovering!! Did anyone else get down there? (for none brits or those who don't global gatherings's a massive dance festival at Long Marsden Air Strip sorta near Coventry). I thought it was wicked, stayed right till the scott project set at the end which was amazing

Anyway cutting to the point... It was a year last saturday that i decided i wanted to learn poi after seeing a troupe of fire twirlers at the festival, so was looking forward to seeing them all down there again... only after looking all night i didn't see anyone bar a couple of lone twirlers with light wands which i never caught up with, i was actually quite upset they weren't there, ah well. Were any of you guys there and what did u think of the night if u were

Urban_Culturemember
89 posts

Posted:
I was der, got over da fence, WHOOO! as if i was gona pay 40 quid for 1 day. i was spinnin beaming poi 4 a bit outside the drum n bass arena but i was trippin 2 harshly 4 a gud lenthgy spin. wernt a bad night n half a day.

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
Ooooooh.... I wanted to go.. but couldn't get my friends organised in time..

Urban_Culture, where in Coventry are you? And where do you study? And do I know you?

Tom

jexXymember
37 posts

Posted:
I think i spotted u, I was there mostly for the D&B so was outside half the night next to the icecream van with big black and flouro poi. Was gonna come over and say hi/blag a go with yours but i er, got wrecked and forgot oh well hehe

Maybe i'll spot u next time

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
OMFG!!! YOU SAW SCOTT PROJECT!!! he's my FAAAAAVE nrg dj, and the most explosive act I've ever seen, indoors or outdoors!!! I am damn glad that there is at least one other nrg dance addict here! hard music - that's where the party really kicks 'till the arvo! so happy for you!!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Noona was there I think. She would've been spinning for a bit if she was there. You'd remember her spinning though if you saw her cos she's really good.

Meh

Ali-birdmember
102 posts

Posted:
I was there - didn't see any spinners other than the ones I was with! But not that surprising among 35,000 people though I saw one guy (one of the wandering performers employed by GK I suspect) doing fire staff and was sooo tempted to go and nick it off him and have a go myself!! Shame I didn't see anyone else! We were so surprised to see so few other spinners!

Scott Project was really good but my favourite act was Lab4 by a mile! Wicked. And most of the stuff in the Sundissential tent.

And I hate to be a killjoy, but Urban_Culture - very sorry, but I don't think it's cool that you came in over the fence. It's people that get over fences, swell numbers beyond safety limits and don't pay their way that can shut down these festies for other people - look how close Glasto came to being finished!!

Having said that, I had a bloody amazing time and loved it and I'll certainly be back next year!

Why is it that everthing which is fun is illegal, immoral, or fattening?

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
I meant to go but everything has been really hectic since Glastonbury

maybe next year

Mark P

jexXymember
37 posts

Posted:
Yeh i love scot project, have u heard his tune 'O', fuckin amazin! I saw Lab 4 too, but i missed half of it Seen em at the fridge tho i wasn't too upset. i was a little dissapointed with the D&B, wish i'd had more of a wander gone to the atomic jam tent etc but i was a bit er forgetful heh. I'm into virtually all hard dance, as long as its HARD (altho i'm softening up a bit in my old age) hehe i have quite broad tastes

Grr i didn't see any fire spinners/staffs there at all... what are the rules for that sorta event? they were quite tight this year with sniffer dogs and stuff maybe they thought it'd be a hazard havun fire dancers or somethin...