Forums > Social Chat > An ode to broken lightbulbs

Login/Join to Participate

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Another one byites the dust as the expression goes.

I came back from the super market with two nice shiny new light bulbs. One for the living room one for the hallway. Anyway this time it must have been a record. The broken lightbulb was hardly even warm when I sqrewed it out. It lasted oh...it must have been at least a minute and a half. I swear I can see the poor critters tremble as I pass the electrical section in the shop, pushing all the lesser wattages to the front. "Take him, take him, he's still young."
I would have banned poi in the living room but that hardly seems like a good solution.
Anyone else broken severe amounts of stuff due to excessive poi abuse.

T.

"Come forth, said god, and thou shalt win enternal happiness, but he came fifth so he won an electric toaster."

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
Yes I have broken many things through my fire games.....

1. The sound barrier.

2. The hearts of many young women (and sometimes men).

3. My head, my wrist, my jaw, my ankle, my knees, my neck, my groin, my elbows, my back and my skin.

4. The record for the most hansome bastard to spin fire.

5. The will of all other fire dancers who try to compete with my awesome display of skill and talent.

6. And yes I did once break a light bulb.

nap time 4 me now good night all!

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

baerie fenmember
76 posts

Posted:
ha ha
break stuff good !
housemates no like hmmmmmmmmmm.....
try shorten light lead with cable tie or durable tough plastic lampshade good !
ugh
oh yeah also
byron.....check urself or atleast publish photos to back up those outrageous claims !

Forever spiraling upwards towards unknown destiny.Where will it end ? Where did it start ?Why ask so many questions ?

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Sounds like a reasonable and sensible solution.

Wheres the fun in that ?

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
You know, in America we dont hang lights from the cealing with a lead. They are attached pretty darn close to the cealing. Maybe American architect is more accepting of Poi than Europian?

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
LIke an idiot I rented a place that doesn't even have 7 foot ceilings. I smashed a lightbulb within three minutes of introducing poi to my new room.

What am I going to do when it snoooooows??? It's going to be a long poi-less season for me.

Bah.

smiley_dup1member
108 posts

Posted:
Can't u do poi in snow?? If not can u please explain (I have never seen snow). Is it just that its cold outside and u don't want to go out there or is there is a physical incapacity??

I don't like living below the tropic of Capricorn..... and now I seem to be in England...... how did I get here???

BigPantsmember
99 posts

Posted:
I too broke a lightbulb. Showing off swingling and showing my flatmate my new move, and smack i hit the bulb and it went out, the only replacement lightbulb we had was a red one, so we then had to sit in a red room making ourselves look like a whore house. I moved out the other day and they still have the red lightbulb in (were lazy students and couldn't be bothered to buy a 20pence new one).

The bigger the pants the better!

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
For paddy and smiley :

Check out fire poi in the snow in the vid section. The guy is unreal though you can hardly see him. He does all this crazy behind the back stuff.
Azie : Keep up the ongoing battle to rid the world of those cruel and horribly not-so-expensive fiends more commonly known as lightbulbs.

"...and god created lighter fluid."

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
mehehe, i've said this on a similar thread but when i moved into my flat last year, my flatmates had loads of ickle knickknacks on the fireplace and around the living room.

Double staves kinda put an end to that lol

gradually, our living room has emptied!!

makes moving out easy though

vic xx

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Yeah, smiley, it's more about the cold than the actual snow. When it's -15 or so and you've been spinning for a few minutes, the cold really starts to freeze your hands. And spinning with mitts on just sucks.

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
quote:
baerie fen "byron.....check urself or atleast publish photos to back up those outrageous claims !"

Outrageous aye??!!!!!!!

I'll will be posting a set of photos of my beautiful self spinning with 20 lit sparklers strapped to the ends of my staff and when I get the time some awesome glowstick and fire photos.

Try the sparkler trick, its like spinning with two signal flares strapped to your staff. Easy to start fires though so be careful. Also not in ANY winds, sparks in the face and over a bare back and chest hurt.

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.