Forums > Social Chat > What is Your Favourite Move?

Login/Join to Participate

sprytemember
45 posts

Posted:
I just got the weave down and it feels so fluid and relaxing. I was wondering what are the favourite moves of other people out there?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I love to lay on my back and butterfly over me. The warmth and glow of the fire is like a blanket and it is soooooooo relaxing. Prometheus and I also do a variation of this where I spin poi behind his back, he spins his staff over head, I go down on my knees and lay backward, spinning the poi over me, then he does a dive roll that is amazingly graceful over the poi and I. It's like a momentary fire sandwich. It is also a favorite because it utilizes my favorite move, my best friend and illicites an amazing reaction from the audience.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Hmmmmm..... this question is not as easy as it seems!I think my favourite move changes each time I pick up my poi grinAt the moment it seems to be a thread the needle, one forward - one back combo smileTomorrow I'm sure it'll be something else.I must try that butterly while lying on your back move Pele. It sounds wonderful smileFinn
Non-Https Image Link

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
If you do the butterfly lying on your back with fire, when they meet at the top near your head fire breathe over both wicks, it looks great. Anyway my faviourite move is the windmill. simple but effective.peace outgarbo tongue

be excellent to each other: safe:

smittymember
104 posts

Posted:
its a bit off the topic, but finn, how do u get those mad pics at the end of ur message?

emptysetmember
98 posts

Posted:
my favorite move... right now it would have to be the inside spiral. its a move that my freind made up that is a variation of the corkscrew. its really hard to explain, but simply when u do it right (even though its really hard) it looks like spirals goign up and down, and looks really cool. heres anouther question though. poi it also about moving fluidly through moves. what is your favorite combination

Its all in good, clean, light producing fun.

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
LOL... Smitty,Check this link out!www.smilecwm.tripod.comJust copy the code next to a smily you like and then paste the code in your response.Good luck smile

smittymember
104 posts

Posted:
off the topic again (sorry) but where r the links? its had yellow pages, messaging etc, lost me there[This message has been edited by smitty (edited 04 February 2001).]

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
ok smitty...i can understand your smiley pain
Non-Https Image Link
check out https://www.geocities.com/ruinkai/smileylinks.htmlAre
those smilies enough????
Non-Https Image Link
...ts ts ts what's wrong with some people and smilies? (hehe i didn't say Pele, i said some people!!!)keep smiling!Simos[This message has been edited by Simos (edited 04 February 2001).]

Hapes-Novamember
60 posts

Posted:
yeah, i really like the inside spiral too. its kinda difficult, and you really have to get your body to move around other wise you hit yourself, but its really fun and looks awesome when you can do it smoothly. right now im a little rough while doing, but i got the hang of it pretty good. lots of fun.-Hapes-Nova, sticker stringer raver

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm.... not sure what happened there Smitty.Try this...https://smilecwm.tripod.com/

smittymember
104 posts

Posted:
ok finn, eventualy found it after a bit of searchen, thanks heaps by the way,the site i found it at is https://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/cgi-bin/n.cgi?cwm&ubb&box&noframesand
will this pic work, only one way to find outhttps://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/cgi-bin/n.cgi?cwm&ubb&box&noframesguess not, buggeri'll try a few more then
Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link
MAD!thanks heaps finn!and simos, dam that page has alot of smilies on it[This message has been edited by smitty (edited 04 February 2001).]

Midget_with_a_stickmember
31 posts

Posted:
my favourite move atm is probs 6 beat weave learned it in bout an hour and got it completely by mistake!! biggrin love it when that happens! ubblol

---------------------------------------------

Official Vegetarian Burger Tester

juggle

Whats the worst thing i could say?

For all the wounds that are never gonna scar me

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Look!

He did a search! Ooooooooooooooo. Nice one smile

biggrin

Staff - Contact shoulder roll smile

Poi - Don't do it enough to have one shrug

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Boo_BunnyBRONZE Member
Sparkely arty Mormon rainbow fairy
933 posts

Posted:
Yay for doing searches!!

my favorite move is the butterfly. its really simple and not impressive, but i like the circle of light it leaves. kinda like looking through the eye of the poi. or something equaly as corny.

Property of Fine_Rabid_Dog

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Staff - consecutive jesuses (the feel soooo pretty)
Poi - meh unimportant wink
juggling - managhans mangle or btb multiplexes
Poiggling - mikes mess weave.

these are a few of my favourite things ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
Juggling -

51414 or whatever the siteswap is.

Willy - is bad for your health...

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Fave Staff is probably where I go from btb pinwheeling to kneeling and doing a helicopter, then from there I lie down on the ground and spin in front of and above me. Then after a few seconds, I stop spinning, throw it up into the air about 2 metres, then kick it vertically with both feet about 6 metres up which gives me enough time to get up and catch it (sometimes! wink ).

Not much of one for poi, but the buzzsaw is pretty cool, especially with ribbon poi...

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

ijusSILVER Member
7 posts

Posted:
mills mess with flourish take-outs, wanna learn it continuously having trouble with left hand... damn not being ambidextrous!

waiting... still, waiting.

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
staff: smacking myself in the head

poi: flowers... wink

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
The poi move I like watching the most is antispin flower.

As a result, I can't stop watching Yuta's videos biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Poi - Anything tangly.

Staff - Horizontal neck rolls (back to front to back) - They usually end up in a face smack though frown

Devilstick - Neck rolls. Just wish I could get them in a bit more fluidly.

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
My favourite move is poi. biggrin

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

JonnyRokBRONZE Member
Look! I'm Darth Bunny!
446 posts

Posted:
All my butterfly variations. They all just look so pretty... ubblove

Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!
Yo ho fiddle dee dee, being a pirate is alright to be,
Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
BUTTERFLY HUG!!

but thats just fun, for me fountains are so natural and smooth they flow so easily and feel so nice

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?