.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Hello lovely funky people!

Oh hear the buzz of the beez and smell that yummy jasmine scent in the warm spring breeze!!!! Hhhhmmmmm 'tiz spring again Yippy!!!

Well.... I'm just starting to really get things together for this month’s moonfest! And being the Spring one and the FIRST for the rainbow season, I'd like to make it extra special!!! So I'm putting a call out there for anyone who can lend a hand...

Being bright and rainbowy I'm really trying desperately hard to get a UV set up happening... but being out doors with no power... could make it tricky.... But if anyone can think of solutions to this I'd love to hear from you!!! I'm thinking rigging it up to a car battery could do the job.... ??? Not sure though.... Any Ideas???

If we get the whole UV thing happening I've got lots of fun surprises install.... Including some beautiful bright UV reactive Body Painting... oooh and lots more stuff but I'm not telling coz it's a secret!

I'd like to have a psychodelic magick tepee too so anyone with time to spare in the arvo to set that up I'd love to hear from you.... (Also some LONG Bamboo would be helpful...keheheh.... Ummmm and anyone who'd like to help paint a psychodelic magick tepee cover too... )

Also looking for extra hands to help make a few lovely colourful lanterns to hang around....

So as you can see, there are many fantazmagorical things planned for this one, so come along early if you can lend a hand with the set-up.... And I'd love to hear from you if you can help out with ANY of the things listed above.... Moon Fest is whatever you make of it.... It is the festive folkie people that make a good folk festive!!!

Thanks gorgeous people!

Love Elke

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

.draevonBRONZE Member
92 posts

Posted:
Miss Elke,

I have a portable power supply thing that should run flourescent (ie UV) lights for hours and hours. I could bring it along to the next MoonFest, or you could contact Maeon, as she also has one, and I assume she will also be coming to the next MoonFest. If you remember when Incendium did our show on Halloween last year, these power supply thingies are the things we used to run our sound equipment.

Or if you're looking for something long term, email me and I'll give you a run down on how to build one for yourself ... which will cost you around $150 and will last pretty well forever (and it's really easy).

Ðraevon
Incendium

3,492 posts

Posted:
Great!!!

Thanks for the awesome info Tim!

Love to know how to make one! Or if you can bring what you've got along, I'd be very greatful!

Thanks so much!

Elke

.:*MoonPixie*:.

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

.draevonBRONZE Member
92 posts

Posted:
Miss Elke,

To build a portable power thingy, your best bet is to head down to Supercheap Auto. Hunt around and you should be able to find a jump start kit. It's a yellow box with some car jumper cables attached. There are two types, a 17AH version for about $90 and a 24AH version for around $150. You probably wont need anything bigger then the 17AH version, but if you have the money, you might like to get the bigger version anyway.

The 17 AH refers to amp hours, which basically means how much charge the battery inside can hold. I use the 17 AH version and it holds plenty for what we use it for. A 17 AH pack can power a fairly large stereo for 3 hours at a normal volume level, or 1 hour if it's very loud. They could also power several flourescent lights for many many hours. An added bonus is that the 17AH packs are on special at Supercheap Auto this week for something like $59.

Anyways, then you should hunt around a little further and find yourself a 300 Watt peak, 150 Watt Continuous 'inverter'. It's a small aluminium box with a cigarette lighter plug coming out of one end, and a normal power point in the other. It should cost you around $80. The are bigger (450W) and smaller (100W) versions of these inverters for different prices, but the 300W version is your best bet.

All you do then is plug the inverter into the cigarette socket on the side of the jump start kit and you have power. If you want to you can bolt the inverter onto the back of the jump start kit to neaten it up.

Email me if you have any questions or anything, and let me know if you would still like me to bring mine along. Good luck with it.

Ðraevon

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
yea! it'll be a great night to fwirl the clear sky's are out the fire god is smileing in Brissie
can i help in any way ? i might have some Black lights i could bring they'll make uV come up better Than fluro drope me a note if you want?

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

3,492 posts

Posted:
Yay! Wonderful!!!

Oh now I'm REALLY siked! Sounds like it all makes sence.... even though this little pixie has no idea what all these things are (but I do kinda get the idea I think)... I'm sure I'll be able to work it out if I ask for all the right stuff.... thanks Tim!

And Ivan.... Well I was going to probably buy myself some black lights but I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford all this... so I'd maybe love to borrow some if you don't mind lending them ...see how I go with the budget (which is $0 )

I'm recieving SO much helpful suportive responce though... so thanks guys for all your help!

3,492 posts

Posted:
Well....

I haven't beenable to sort it yet... and well moonfest is really quite close now so... um I'd really love to borrow your set up guys if you wouldn't mind bringing them along....? ???

'Cause bec, rainbowmichelle and I have been painting the absolutely beautiful sycodelic rainbow magick teepee (it's SO bright!!! even just in daylight it glows!!!) So I'd still really LOVE the UV setup....

Let me know if it's going to be a problem... I'm still going to try to get it sorted... but if you could bring your stuff anyway, it'd be SO amazing! Thankyou! You've been so very helpful!

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
yea moonfest if not far away now it'll put me in a good cruzy mood wonder if i can get uv for my hair ? arsn and valura catch ya's there just look for my unusuall hair

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Crazy Ivan, We'll be the little angel and devil team... tee hee, Pixie girl, I've a got a black light as well, you've got the power, so together, we make a good team, no???

Really really really can't wait much longer... Need to burn now... *Rubs hands together in that freaky way only poeple with problems can do*

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

3,492 posts

Posted:
This is going to be SUCH a good one... i can feel it already! The air is just buzzing with good vibes!

Arsn, Ivan & Tim will all the bits and pieces you've got all fit together and make UV light?

Coz I still have not been able to get all the bits together myself so if you guys can bring all the stuff to make it all work I would be SO SO SO greatful!

It'll be great to catch up with ya again Arsn...

See you all tomorrow night!

.draevonBRONZE Member
92 posts

Posted:
I'll bring my stuff along ... do you have a powerboard???

Ðraevon

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
A power board is that thingy with all those powerslots right??? If so... I should have heaps.

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Don't worry about it im a sparky! got 2 get back 2 work my familes farm needs more power!

3,492 posts

Posted:
YAY for the UV! It looked ausome! Thankyou guys SO SO much! It made me so happy to see the magick rainbow tepee all lit up and glowing! You guys really made my day! ....Along with the dolphins that came into the bay! I went swimming with the dolphins in the morning!!! what a good omen hey?

Well thanks everyone for such a gorgeous night!