Ash Blackstarmember
177 posts

Posted:
Hey hey,Well, so far we have 5 people that are interested in doing Poi, and 1 person wanting to do staff and sword. Are there any suggestions for a troupe, such as how to keep it together, costume suggestions? We've already decided that we are going to do our performing to live drumming, because all but two of the troupe is members of a drumming troupe. But none of us have ever actually done any of this, and we don't know if there is anyone in San Antonio that we could get in contact with.------------------Flames and Pyre,Burn Ever HigherAshia BlackHawk

Ash Blackstar

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, But Whips and Chains excite me"
"Only way to deal with Drama, heavy weaponry and a strong does of grow the Hell up"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage - Mythbusters

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I wish I could give you answers to those questions, but I think it's something that will always be individual to each group dynamic.All I can suggest is perhaps to look at each person's strength in terms of costuming, routines etc and see who can come up with what. Never disregard any idea or put anyone down. Write everything in a book. Start searching the web for costume and makeup ideas and stick them in a scrap book.Be prepared to compromise.Good luck!------------------"she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
i know there are some experienced spinners in the Austin/ San Antonio area. Do a search in the meet others section.Super'------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain