MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
When done correctly, the poi look like two staves being spun in opposite directions correct? I started working on this move today and so far, progress has been pretty good. I was just wondering if there were any videos of this move as I have never seen it performed. Maybe some tips at least so I could get my form down.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Also wanted to add that Ive been doing this in TTN form if that makes any difference. Just seems easier to me. Ive been trying split time isolated TTN as well but something screws me up. It seems one hand does an extra beat due to the isolation which throws off the split timing.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

AstroBoymember
43 posts

Posted:
So how do you do it?

AstroBoymember
43 posts

Posted:
Hey, I'm an idiot this is just the regular butterfly. Here I thought the "ISOLATED butterfly" was something new....

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Nah, its not the regular BF. Isolations are where you move your hands around the poi to an extent. So with an isolated BF, instead of having both poi revolve around your hands in opposite directions, both the poi and your hands revolve around the center of the chains in opposite directions. It would be really hard for me to try and type out an exact description of how I do it...But with that description of the move, it shouldnt be too hard to figure out the basics.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
So do you do this in like a butterfly separation? I don't really see how you can isolate it otherwise because you can't move your hands around if they are together.

or do you just slightly separate it? I really need to learn isolations really badly.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,

inna wall plane, inpossable to do without seperating, but if you do that split time it looks luuuuurvly. check me col4 entry (if I get in and It comes out!) 4 an example.

if you want to do it so both poi revolve around the same point.... buzzsaw! or inversion or whateverthehellyoucallit, inside the arms, short poi obviously tho because its isolating they can be a little longer than normal, just dont muck up!

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti