FiveOhRavermember
28 posts

Posted:
I'm a new member and didn't know what a "butterfly" was until I joined this site. I mean, I can do a "butterfly", just didn't know that's what it's called.

Anyhow, I was looking at the tutorials that are posted on the site and noticed that it shows the "butterfly" swinging in the opposite direction that I swing it. I've tried to spin it in the direction the tutorial shows, but it's not as smooth...I'm MUCH better swinging them in the opposite direction.

So, is this going to make a difference when I start doing other moves?

Just so you all know, at the momment, I can do the "butterfly", "weave", "behind the head butterfly", "alternating butterfly", and another move that I don't even know the name of but it looks really cool. Next thing I want to learn is the "reverse weave" (have tried it once, but it was a disaster).

FiveOhRaver

If you have one for the road, I'll provide the chaser.

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
I think what you would be doing then would be what most people on HOP would call the reverse (or backwards) butterfly. Feeling more comfortable with that won't hurt you a bit in learning the other moves. Most people (at least most people where I live) like to do all moves both forwards and reverse. So, you can just learn the reverse ones first instead of the other way around like a lot of other people.

FiveOhRavermember
28 posts

Posted:
Cool...thanks. I've always been a "backwards" kind of person anyways.

FiveOhRaver

If you have one for the road, I'll provide the chaser.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Poi'd and Insane learned all his butterfly moves in reverse to begin with. Including ttn and turns and stuff. The had to start again to learn them forwards when he realized. I think it's an advantage cos now he's amazingly fluent both ways whereas it took me ages to get reverse and i found it initially really hard. I'm now more comfy with reverse though, so it's all good

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Yeah but Poi'd and insane is annoyingly good at everything.

*hopes no one notices his jealousy*

One day I'll find something I'm good at.

Meh

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Well lucky all of you...
i guess im the only swinger in my country... Buwhaaaaa
the other that swing, swing to show off maybe trying to be cool and they just do butterfly weave and easy move like those

Dance like if noone were watching you