Forums > Social Chat > first live fire performance, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login/Join to Participate

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
Y DID NO ONE TELL ME PERFORMING INFRONT OF PEOPLE WAS LIKE THE BIGGEST BUZZ EVER!!!!!!!!!

Me and Kenshin did a fire show at the 6th form centre in front of all our pissed school mates, and it was the highlight of the term for me so far!

Kenshin started off the set with his new staff with everyone chanting his name and cheering when he did a throw.

then when i came on, they were going mad! they wen ballistic for the corkscrew and butterfy, and some peeps literally screamed when i did continous leg wraps!!!

wow that was so cool, even the guys who dont talk to me cus im not "cool" enough were coming up to me and shaikng my hand! plus all these really buff girls were congratulaing me (but they were no where near as fit as my rosa )

i just wanted everyoneto know that last night was very special for me last night and im so happy about it

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
I draw a lot of energy from my audience, that's what makes it so much fun performing for people... if you really want the best feeling though, do a show in front of children. To them it's not just athletics and technique and rhythm, it's complete magic and you can see that in their eyes.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
sorry bout that eh

I agree totally with Dio on both points, I always end up going off more for a crowd, you know you got em when theyre screaming their bloody heads off congrats!

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Nice one DB!!

Its always a good thing to do a performance, even if its just for friends!!

I too, had my first proper show for some friends as part of a bonfire night celebration, and to see the appreciation for our art is an incredible feeling - especially when people come up to you asking you to teach them!!

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Nice one DB!!

Its always a good thing to do a performance, even if its just for friends!!

I too, had my first proper show for some friends as part of a bonfire night celebration, and to see the appreciation for our art is an incredible feeling - especially when people come up to you asking you to teach them!!

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Well done, sounds like a great show you put on

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

divimember
36 posts

Posted:
fire shows rule. when people appreciate them, they're even better. Congrats on your show, Dyke Boy!

To respond to Dio's comment above, I think that what you described to be "complete magic [...] in [children's] eyes" is hugely powerful!
I always get really shy when I do fireshows... too shy to look people in the faces!
Because of what you wrote, maybe I'll try to bring myself to look for that gaze in people's eyes next time!

Congrats again DB, and best of luck on your next one! (And from the enthusiasm in your previous post, I can guess that it'll be soon.)

Igneousmember
7 posts

Posted:
DB, i know exactly how you feel. I did my first "performance" the other day at a party. Ive done it in front of people before, but only my freinds. It gives you a real excited feeling, especially when all of the girls are oooohhhing and aaaahhhing, and all the guys are commenting, holy S**t, i can feel the heat from here when i do a burnoff (double fireballs). Its a unreal how all of the chicks were all very flirty the rest of the night . The best part though was how the best lookin (personal opinion) girl there came up and asked me to teach here some of the basic stuff, its a real attention grabber.

Also, its incredible how many parties ive been invited to for being a fire twirler.

1,079 posts

Posted:
wow thanks guys.

just to show off now...

ive been asked to perform again for the WHOLE SCHOOL tomorrow night, AND ive been invited to a "cool cru" party to spin fire for them there too!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

CheshireCatmember
51 posts

Posted:
umm..sorry for being the unenthusiastic one in the group, but i span(is that the right past-tense-verb-word-thing?) for the first time in front of a group of people a few weeks ago and it sucked! some of them were saying "so when do you start?" while i was doing things that are really difficult for me (im not really that good yet). there were a few gasps for the first wrap, but then people started drifting back inside. no fun.
am i the only one? do i suck so bad? everyone here says how easy the "normal" people are to impress but i failed miserably...poo on all that.

It aint broke...It just lacks large amounts of duct-tape!

1,079 posts

Posted:
well, these guys i span for were aged 16-18, drunk and had never seen anything like it, if they had they would have got bored, trust.

all i can suggest is become a hermit for a while, live with your poi, so that you and they come one, learn some f*ck off difficult wraps etcn and return a true jedi.

and take a laptop, so we can know how u r doing.

D.B.
X x X x X

CheshireCatmember
51 posts

Posted:
Day one as a poi hermit:
I broke my armS the first hour, trying to do what seems to be the impossible, hitting myself on the head, apparently knocking myself out and woke up in pain. i must have landed funny...Now i'm a poi hermit with two broken arms and a headache and very bored for the next year as i cant spin in this condition and that is how long i plan on staying a hermit.
thanks for the tip though!

It aint broke...It just lacks large amounts of duct-tape!

1,079 posts

Posted:
now im just gonna be flash:

FIRE SHOW IN FRONT OF WHOLE SCHOOL, THATS 700 PEEPS!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAGGGH THE CHEERS!!! i swear its the most incredible thing ever, i went for 10 mins straight without stopping, and they loved it!!!

i was on my own aswell, I HOGGED THE LIMELIGHT LIKE THE LAST TAMAGOTCHI ON EARTH!!!

wow wow wow wow wow wow WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

i love fire, and i now reak of para, but i love it!

D.B.
X x X x X

darkpoetBRONZE Member
Irish
525 posts

Posted:
dont u know??? never spin w\o a safety, you can have the limelight all u want, just always make sure uve got an extinguisher (sp?) and a fire blanket on hand so when you screw up (not a question of if) youll be prepared

Jesus saves sinners and redeems them for cash and
prizes

Co-Founder of Keepers of Light

Educate yourself about the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

1,079 posts

Posted:
oh yeah, sfety was there, just that i was the only one pla7ying with the hot stuff.

D.B.
X x X x X