We sell all our fan frames on their own. Frames are sold individually as 'single fan frames', so you will need to order 2 units if you want a pair.
How Fire Fan Frames are made?The Fan wireframes get made from carbon steel rod, which is fill welded together for additional strength with all rings and handles filed and ground down to be kind and smooth on the hands. These are then heat-treated hardened inside large ovens and then quickly quenched by the rapid cooling of the frames. This process makes carbon steel much stronger. Then the frames are anti-rust treated and finally covered in a high-temperature resistant black or white powder coating.
The folding Fan Frames get cut from Aerospace (Al.7075) aluminum and then finished with a black anodized outer coating. These are very robust because of the strong aluminum used.
Adding Kevlar(R) Wick to your FramesFor those stitching your own Fire Fan wicks together, remember to make sure your wicks are not too tight, being too tight will mean it is much harder to push your needle through resulting in sore fingers and a lot of extra time taken. We have an instructional video on all fan kit product pages to help you get your fans ready for use.
We also sell as Make your own Fire Fan Kits with the frames, Kevlar(R) wicks and thread, and curved sewing needles all included. Plus easy video instructions on stitching the Kevlar(R) onto the fans.
Other Wire Fan Frame ideas
- Instead of Kevlar(R) wicks you can attach glow sticks or other LED light sticks using tape.
- Cover each prong with bright flowing fabric or ribbons to create a lovely trailing effect.
- Add one piece of lightweight fabric between all of the prongs with one long tail.
- Obtain the Christmas tree lights that are powered via a small battery pack. Tape the battery box close to the handle grip, then wrap the lights up and down the fan frame for an amazing lighting effect.
- You can also add some Poi cords and handles to one side on each frame so you can also do poi fans' moves.
- I have even put in a pot and grown a small plant over the frame
- Hang it on the wall as a piece of art.
- You are only limited by your imagination.
Nothing beats the feeling of making your unique prop. Please share your pictures of what you created with us. Or add a photo when you add a product review for the frame.