Forums > Social Chat > Wanting to say Hello to everyone....

Login/Join to Participate

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
ive been gone for almost a month because i got married, and went to Italy for my homeymoon...Man it was awesome!!! I got to see buildings and art i have been studying about for years in school, but never had a chance to see..The Sistine Chapel brought me near to tears...i was in Awe. The site has had a major makeover. Looks good loos good. I assume Pele has been moderating quite effectively.....(Hey Lynne how are you doing??)I havent spun in almost a month, i took a break, now i am ready to start practicing again. Every now and then you have to rekindle that flame ya know...Great to be back, and looking forward to jumping back into the discussions...Superman...------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
Welcome back Supes!Ive not been to the Sistine Chapel... friends have told me that it is life changing. Glad you had a good honeymoon. ------------------We are not physical beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a physical experience.~Edgar Cayce

Wow

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
The Sistine Chapel is wicked isn't it.Glad to have you back.peace outgarbo tongue------------------
quote:
"Be the change"Mahatma Ghandi

be excellent to each other: safe:

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
You get alotof people that see these monuments, buildings, and these paintings, and they do exactly that...they just look, snap a picture and move on. As i stood on the floor of the Chapel, i was thinking to my self, "M'angel'o hung from this very ceiling upside down 483 yrs ago, and painted all of this..." i just et these tingles when i think about standing on a spot that was walked upon by people in my history books, and when i admire works of art and architechture that has gone realitively unchanged for for hundreds of years.It sounds sappy, and almost creepy i know. But the sensations i felt were just overwhelming......wait...i think a little of that was carried over from the Hotel bed.<> aahhhem...its just something i waited my whole life to experience, and i envy those of you that live in and around Europe, and are so close to the most spectacular attractions on the planet. I could live in Italy. The people were wonderful! Heres the coolest part. A blessing in disguise. We lost 2 days to delays on our flights. We put in a complaint, and yesterday recieved a voucher for one free Plane ticket to any of British Airways Intercontinental flights!! So next year, we are doing Germany..Gutentaug (sp?)Super...------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Hey there Super!!! You missed some interesting discussions, and you were missed in them as well.Sounds like you and the Mrs. ( grin) had a fabulous time, and that it was away time well spent. Any photos you care to share (not the dirty polaroids mind you!!!), I'd love to see. Nice to hear you picked the swinging back up too. Did you find it hard after being away? DId you spin at your wedding? Anyway, congrats again and welcome home! Love to ya

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Good to have ya back 'sups.Rome is certainly pretty rockin for all the old stuff smile I can remember walking around the place, in teh space of 12 hours I saw sooo many full-on interesting historical things...Josh

EyeStormmember
54 posts

Posted:
When you go to Germany (Deutchland), be sure to cover Austria as well. At least perhaps Saltzburg (by Germany's eastern border) or Vienna if you want to go further in. If you don't mind looking at cathedrals, the Stephansdom (St. Stephen's Cathedral- as you can see I like the German word better!) in the VERY center of Austria is wonderful, and you can even go up the tower if you want. When I was there 2 years ago, they were done renovating the roof (which was hit by a bomb in WW2, I think), I think they are moving on to the front facade.Well, anyways, even if you don't hit Austria, I'm sure you'll enjoy Germany very much. Just be sure to go eat at a gasthaus for some Viener Shnitzel... mmmmmmm! smile

((m/)) --==EyeStorm==--

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
SupermanGlad to hear you and Lois had a good honeymoon.Welcome backKat------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Hi Superman !Don't know you, but it is always nice to hear someone is happily married and I am happy you could visit such a nice place as Italy with your princess.Hope you could also visit Tuscany and especially Florence cause ... well ... talk about a romantic spot winkAs for germany, Don't miss such lovely cities as Regensburg (in Bavaria) or Ulm or ... gee... I'm gonna get carried away again.Welcome backShine onCassandra[This message has been edited by cassandra (edited 22 June 2001).]

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"