Forums > Social Chat > spining poi is fun but FIRE POI is awsome

Login/Join to Participate

keith_kurisuBRONZE Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
so i've been spinnin for a little bit now an alls i can say is that it is so much fun! But one of my friends spins fire for a while now an he finally to bring his fire poi set over an let me try it out an alls i can say is that IM IN LOVE WITH IT!:D can anyone else agree with me

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I concur.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

thirteenBRONZE Member
The Death Card
195 posts

Posted:
I curcon.

The dawn has come
And the wine will run
And the song must be sung
And the flowers are melting
In the sun

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Yep. I love my practice poi about equally, but they're not anywhere near as good as fire for getting on your crazy voodoo flow trance.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Yes Hit yourself in the balls or hit yourself in the balls on FIRE! no contest laugh3

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Brandon_DerryBRONZE Member
stranger
16 posts

Posted:

One thing about Fire Poi is the sound!

That is one thing that is absolutely amazing and hypnotizing.

I love practising with homeade, sock, or glow poi. But when it comes down to it, it's fire I love!

AdSoundSILVER Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
I just got my wicks and chains. I've had glow sticks for a while, but only knew a few moves. This community is eph'n great!! I'm learning so much. Though I have not lit my poi yet, I'm thoroughly excited to use them. One huge problem right now is that my state (Indiana) is in a a fire ban. It's been too hot and dry to even light fireworks.. so i think if i lit my poi, I'd get a fine or spend the night in jail. Either way, I will respect the dangers that fire posses. When you play with fire, you're gonna get burned. But scars make you look cool! wink

Imagine your feelings being a visual display. Emotions run wild through the air. Colors speak to your eyes like words to ears.

ddubbityMini but Mighty
10 posts

Posted:
We have a fireworks and fire ban right now too, but I figure if anyone calls the cops, the poi will be burned out by the time they get here! It's good to have respect though I suppose, especially if you're just starting out and don't know your level of control just yet.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.