Forums > Meet Others > Events in the LA area on halloween weekend

Login/Join to Participate

TroikaSILVER Member
The official unofficial purveyor of cake
26 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone, I'm going to be in LA, Longbeach area more specifically, on Halloween weekend. anyone know of something going on that pertains to spinning? I might have a free night and thought it'd fun to watch some performances or whatnot. I'll only be 18 so no clubs for me yet. I know this might be somewhat limiting, but I thought I'd put some feelers out to see what's up. It'd be great if maybe this mediocre poi spinner from Missouri could learn a little something from you all out in there. Just let me know what's happening and I'll see what I can work out. THANKS!

DJTimesTablestranger
15 posts

Posted:
im located in long beach and although i dont know of any events i would love to just fart around with you if not just for an hour or so to talk about some poi stuff and maybe go over some moves together? im also "mediocre" and would love to see what a hotshot from missouri has to show me. lol. but yea man if your in town email me daviddmorrill#gmail.com

TroikaSILVER Member
26 posts

Posted:
It's looking like I'll have the Friday, before Halloween, free. Could we meet up on a beach somewhere? Also I don't know anything about fire laws out in California, or if I could even spin fire on the beach?

It'd be great if we could get a bunch of people to meet up! Anyone who wants to join us just say the word, or just show up lol

DJTimesTablestranger
15 posts

Posted:
that day works fine for me. the beach would be the best spot to meet up at im about a 5 min. walk away. as far as doing fire i think we would have a hard time finding a spot. most of the beaches near me have a no fire or smoking signs all over the place. non the less im down to just talk some theory and go over some moves, maybe get some lunch or something.

TroikaSILVER Member
26 posts

Posted:
I'm looking into the fire stuff, my dad knows some people who used to be cops out there, but if I can't I'll just bring my LEDs. I think my flight gets in around noon, so it might be more of a late afternoon/evening thing. cool?

DJTimesTablestranger
15 posts

Posted:
yea thats cool. i will send you a message on here a day or 2 in advance and then we can work something out from there. i look forward to spinning with you!

TroikaSILVER Member
26 posts

Posted:
Sounds great man, it's gunna be great meeting up with a spinner from another part of the country. Also looks like some family might tag along to watch us joke around with poi (cause they'll be bored that night too lol)

Also anyone else who wants to come along can, totally open to having more people there, more people means more to learn from each other!

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
im down to meet up with u guys. i got a relative out in long beach. unfortuneatly i dont have fire yet but i can bring some LED's. when are you guys meeting up?

to spin or not to spin, that is the question.

TroikaSILVER Member
26 posts

Posted:
All we have down so far is that we're meeting up late afternoon the Friday before Halloween (October 29th) on a beach somewhere

I'll bring my LEDs too, cause its lookin like fire won't be allowed anywhere I'll be

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
cool. if i can come ill bring a bunch of LED's smile
either of you down to practice some partner poi? i have never tried and it would be cool to try.

DJTimesTablestranger
15 posts

Posted:
that would be great. all i have is practice poi so im not sure how much help i can be. but some partner poi sounds like a lot of fun. like i said im kina a noob (i think)... o and poiismylove if you can come any other time im always down. i lost the other thread we were trying to chat on about meeting up so if your in the area just hit me up and we can meet up.

TroikaSILVER Member
26 posts

Posted:
Hey were only a couple days away now. we should finalize some things up

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
its my brothers birthday this weekend so ill definitely be down there, just have to find a way to get there on friday, but i think i can take the train. what time are we meeting up, and who's bringing the music playing device? Also ill bring an extra set of LED's for DJ since you said you did not have a pair smile

TroikaSILVER Member
26 posts

Posted:
I haven't heard anything yet unfortunately. DJ said he would message me a couple days before the meet, but nothin yet. I'll check in again before my flight leaves in the morning

DJTimesTablestranger
15 posts

Posted:
hey guys sorry this was so late i hope he gets a chance to see it today. but yea I am free all day today so that would work just message me back on here and ill send you my phonenumber. also saterday anytime after 4 and sunday anytime before 2. sorry if that makes it hard for anyone but i am down to play we can poi all night fri or sat for all i care. hope 2 hear from you guys.

TroikaSILVER Member
26 posts

Posted:
hey guys i'm posting from my phone and can't figure out how to send a message but i can read them so shot me the info or a number to call or text

just landed by the way

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
i cant meet up today unfortuneatly cant figure out the train schedules ill have to look into it for future stuff. but saturday and sunday i can possibly meet up with you guys smile
how was the flight

TroikaSILVER Member
26 posts

Posted:
the flight was nice but really long.

i heard it might rain tonight?

DJTimesTablestranger
15 posts

Posted:
it may im not sure. im up for it if you guys are. there was a little poi meeting in downtown long beach today at 12 would have been cool if you guys could have made it. ill be around till about 7 or 8 tonight so hit me up before i take off 2 the beach.

DJTimesTablestranger
15 posts

Posted:
no one hit me up...

TroikaSILVER Member
26 posts

Posted:
sorry man it got too late on friday night before i got a number and i had plans saturday night.

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
i was in long beach but i totally failed and had to leave right after my brothers b-day party im sorry. message me your number and ill hit u up next time im out there!
do you wanna meet up at the farmers market there in 2 or 3 weeks and head down to the beach and spin?