Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Performers Wanted-Pirates For the Gulf

Login/Join to Participate

Frost_DreamerSILVER Member
stranger
9 posts

Posted:
Pirates For the Gulf Facebook Group

Above is a link to our facebook group to keep you guys up to date. My mother, one of her friends, and myself, are putting together a charity event to be held July 17th in Ijamsville, MD (Frederick). It's a costume pirate event to raise money for the animals being endangered by the Gulf Coast oil spill disaster. It's going on from 7-11pm. All of the proceeds from this event will be going to The National Wildlife Federation, who has been helping to rescue the animals in the Gulf since April 20th.

We are currently looking for poi performers. Originally we had wanted to do fire spinning, but Ijamsville has all kinda of weird regulations about fire, so in order to get around that, we're not looking for LED performers. If you're interested in performing at our event, please add me on Facebook (My name is Hillary and I'm one of the admin on the Pirates For the Gulf group page...or just add me anyway because I like people haha), and send me a video of you performing with fire and with LED.

We have all kinds of awesome things planned for the event, including sword fighting demonstrations, jousting, poi of course, tarot card readings/fortune telling, live music, and much more. There is a place to buy tickets on the event page. Ticket price includes food and alcohol (so please bring an ID). We will also be holding an auction and raffle. Some of the prizes include a tattoo gift certificate from Classic Electric Tattoo, free hang gliding lessons, free sky diving, a stay for two at the beautiful Southern Mansion in Cape May New Jersey, and much more.
Pirates For The Gulf Event Page

If you're not sure what to dress up as, or if pirate isn't really your thing, here are some ideas for you: pirate, sailor, sea creatures, mermaids, selkies, sea witch, nobility, courtiers, renaissance, steam punk, gypsy, and anything else fitting with the time period and nautical theme. Everyone else will be dressed up, so don't show up and be the only one not in costume. Talk about awkward haha.

Couscous, the food so nice they named it twice.

Frost_DreamerSILVER Member
stranger
9 posts

Posted:
The date has been changed to Sept 11th.

Couscous, the food so nice they named it twice.

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
I would be able to make you a video of LED and Fire in the next few weeks (need a spotter and filmer) if that would be okay. What are the routine criteria for each piece and I'll get to work on it. smile

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)