Forums > Social Chat > year 2 0 1 2 creeping nearer

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
mad monkeyBRONZE Member
25 posts

Posted:
i'm just curious...

is there anyone here, besides me, waiting with anxciety for the maya prophecy to encounter mankind?

let love light all your lives up!

Earlybirdmember
19 posts

Posted:
I BELIEVE!!!!

but the important thing to remember is that the shift is happening NOW it is just that it will be complete in 2012 yeah? that is why there is turmoil socially and individually, I don't have much time to talk about it now but there is also a major harmonic concordance happening on Sunday morning (12.15 NSW time) do a search on Harmonic concordance and you will get the info, it all looks pretty major! Yeah, bring on 2012 it will be well worth it, it is a good thing not a bad thing, nothing wrong with changing the world as it is today, and it seems to require something drastic to do it - another thing is that come 2012 we have the opportunity to lock into a dimensional way of being - 3D being 'poor me' syndrome,4D being power over others and 5D being unconditional love - bring on the love. I don't believe in God but I believe in 2012!!!

let it out, let it go, let it all unravel,
set it free and it can be
a path on which to travel...

Laytinmember
111 posts

Posted:
I am sorry people, I really didnt mean to offend you. I dont know what all this means, frankly it is alot of mumbo jumbo to me. Could someone attempt to explain it to me please?

Arashi, I am sorry to have offended you. I am comparing the "theory of the history of man" to what I know. If you know something else, please feel free to teach away.

I dont like theories, I'll be the first to admit that, I like facts. I am more than willing to listen, and even eager at times. I'm all ears, lets hear what you got!

Wisdom calls aloud in the street, she raises her voice in the public squares; at the head of noisy streets she cries out, in the gateways of the city she makes her speech:

mad monkeyBRONZE Member
25 posts

Posted:
theories or not... mumbo jumbo or not...
i think it's really interesting though.

the egyptians knew more about astronomy and astrology than we know today.
and their calendar seems to end at the same time as the mayan one.

btw (correct me if i'm wrong):
the same culture that built the pyramids also built pyramids (not as big ones though) in south america and kambodia as well, which might explain why the mayans and south asian old cultures have the same calendar.

i don't know what you think, but i just can't really believe the culture "handcrafted" the pyramids, and they didn't seem to have too much "technology" as we know it.
perhaps someone helped them along the way?

basically there ARE some reported UFO landings and crashings still today.
the mayans liked to paint UFO's in caves and such.
just like the egyptians...

mumbo jumbo... maybe.
but i always go for the bigger story

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
the mid-atlantic ridge and polar switches - the quick version.

at the bottom of the atlantic ocean, running north to south there is a ridge of newly forming rock.
this is due to two continental plates moving away from each other.
molten rock rises up from beneath the crust to fill the gap left.
dissolved in this rock are ferrous metals that are given slight magnetic alignments on cooling due to the earth's magnetic field.

if we measure the orientaion of the magnetic field in the rock, we would expect to see an alignment with the poles of the earth's magnetic field.
what we actually find is thatr the rock being produced now is as we expected (aligned with the poles) but if we look at the rock produced over a large scale of time (ie. the rest of the seabed) we find that it consists bands of oppositely aligned magnetic fields.

this tells us that periodically there are switches in the orientation of the earth's magnetic poles.

as we know the rate that the continents are drifting apart at, we can estimate the time between switches of the poles by measuring the thickness of each band.
and this is where we get the idea that they switch about every 50,000 years or so.

however, this figure has a very large error associated with it.
it assumes a constant rate of drift which is far from certain so a thousand years one way or the other is not that big a deviation from the 50,000 year period.
all of which suggests '75 years overdue' is not that late - we could have a good few hundred before we get our next pole switch.

just as acceptable of course is the suggestion that it could happen in the next ten years...

on a somewhat more 2012 related note; isn't the harmonic concordance this weekend...?

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
yup. and here i am coughing and sick as a dog. but i am ready to do my duty
By the way anybody esoteric enough to read this thread might like another, we talk a lot about mayan astrology and beleifsboy this one's still killing my time

hey laytin sorry i wasn't offended or mad just wanting to open your mind sorry if my words seemed harsh.

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
Yesterday walking to an exam, there were two dead starlings on the footpath and a girl was standing holding another in her hand.. They weren't deformed or bloody as if attacked by a cat, they were just dead.

It's always easier to not believe than it is to believe - but it's still a choice. I have no idea what's happening, but something is.

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

Laytinmember
111 posts

Posted:
Arashri, my mind is open, I dont know what you are all talking about. Your words did seem harsh, as well as NYC's, I apologise for my words in return. I thank you for your apology though.

I dont believe that the Incan and Aztecs had much to do with the Egyptians, as their cultures not only vary (in great aspects) but the pyramids themselves are differnt. While I do understand that it may be possible for them to spawn from the same origins, and their individual cultures just branched differntly, I dont believe there is any real connection.

Though the technology was limited there really isnt too much technology to the pyramids. Oh yes, tons of math, but a stone chisle + man power + time were all it took to build the pyramids.

I will agree with every fiber of my being, that yes this is interesting. I dont think it is fact, nor do I think it holds much water, but it is very interesting.

It is still mumbo jumbo, but that is just because I dont know anything about it, as my knowlege increases the mumbo jumbo will decrease.

Wisdom calls aloud in the street, she raises her voice in the public squares; at the head of noisy streets she cries out, in the gateways of the city she makes her speech:

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Sorry homie, I didn't mean to jump on you. I guess I was offended by a statement like "Nobody knows what happened 50000 years ago" because we actually have quite a bit of evidence of what happened before man ever witnessed it. Only after reading subsequent posts did I realize that you weren't challenging the science but asking...

All good, All good...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

mad monkeyBRONZE Member
25 posts

Posted:
if i'm not mistaken the pyramids also makes the exact angle of orions belt.
this is also where their "god" osiris lived they said...

it might just be my imagination going off too much, but i just sometimes feel that perhaps all our religions came from greatly misunderstood aliens.
and because of our lack of technology, of course people thought they were gods.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
i'm not offended either, but laytan, you belie much naivete' about the history of your world. for one, this statement
quote:
I dont believe that the Incan and Aztecs had much to do with the Egyptians, as their cultures not only vary (in great aspects) but the pyramids themselves are differnt.
the entire mormon religion is founded around this, that the "lost" last son of abraham went to the americas, and helped father the culture there, (as well as christ during his 3 day absence/resurrection if you believe such things.) the relationship is quite asserted. there really is much more to these cultures scientifically and intellectually than you give credit. i encourage you to research more about them. the mayans were/are masters of waveform harmonics and had evolved themselves to levels of power we can't really understand without simply immersing in them ourselves.
they are my neighbors, after all.

-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
wow that sounded possibly pissy too but hopefully it weren't, just educational. . i been reading tolkien again so i start saying things like, "miscreant, you belie your ignorance!" anyways i got ten minutes to kill. here's a few things i believe the prophecy may be about in succinct form (yeah right).

1.) the mayans were aware, long ago, of the earth's entrance into the path of this... "beam" i think is the translation of the word, which emanates from the center of the galaxy, one of many, like spokes on a bicycle wheel. scientists have found this beam i think it's some kind of EM radiation(what isn't), and the earth's entrance date, (which coincides with the mayan's calculation of the date) also "happens" to be when life began on earth, 4 billion years ago. we have been in this beam ever since, going through gradual phases of evolution toward global psychic awareness, and on 2012 we will exit the beam and enter empty space pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppo. well my cat typed that so i'll leave it anyways we can see the beam now, and we are leaving it. what will this mean? the end of the 5th world and the beginning of the 6th. if there is still a connection between the beam and life, perhaps the fabric of space is being vibrated like a tuning fork by the beam and the sound somehow supports life, such as vibrationally ratchets the dna or somthing like the same. beats me what. perhaps though the sound just set life on it's course, and no longer supports life and we'll be okay. but they say, in the 6th world, the only ones to survive will be the "beings of light." well to me that could either mean-
a)people who evolve consciousness with a large amount of awareness about their enegetic and astral bodies or chi or "power" thus somehow overcoming some new environmental or social or spiritual hazard to life
b) artificial intelige]nce----------------------------------------------------------------------------------000--(friggin cat again. weird it's kinda prophetic though) cause how else could you expect a society without metal do describe intelligent machines, with their curcuitry for blood? but this gets into some "terminator" type stuff that we all know, humans are stupid enough to do...
c)that we are all in fact doomed to become new age hippies and join together in communes and live collectively while recycling and sharing women and driving hydrogen powered SUV's with flower power stickers.
(i never said the prophecy was pretty.)

Laytinmember
111 posts

Posted:
Nope, it didnt sound pissy, atleast not to me. 4 billion years, that is a remarkable number. Of course it is a guestamate, but still... how can one be sure?

I might be confused with the connection between Abrahams "lost last" son and the people of S. America

Since you say we can see this "beam" where is it. In all honesty, either I dont know what to look for or I cant see it. To me it sounds like nobody really knows what will happen and they are all making guesses and trying their little hearts out to make their guesses sound intelligent. When 2012 rolls around, I look forward to seeing who is right and who is wrong and what the people who are wrong will say next.

Remember the huge computer glitch of 2000... the one that never happend? Dom, Psylent_BoB lets all three put our money in a jar and see who gets to pull it out.

NYC, no worries bud, though I must admit you scare me with the hommie bit I am all ears though as to what we know to be fact that happend befor man ever witnessed it. I know that there are somethings we dont/didnt know about so please spare me the obvious, feel free to hit me with, not only cold hard fact, but with the unobvious. Like, what was the color of the T-rex's left toenail, original not the stained color I could careless how old you think things are, because I know we will disagree on that, right out of the starting block. Gimme a good shot and let me pick at it

Teknique, if I am not mistaken orians belt is 3 stars long, and at last count there are alot more pyramids in Egypt and S. America than just three. Now if you said orian, I might be inclined to look futher into that but just the belt... sorry umm no

mad monkeyBRONZE Member
25 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Laytin:
Remember the huge computer glitch of 2000... the one that never happend? Dom, Psylent_BoB lets all three put our money in a jar and see who gets to pull it out.
yeah, but that one was a massive commersialism propaganda started by governments to make people consume more. nothing else really.
nothing gets people to consume more than the fear of planet destruction... kinda bad example really if u ask me

quote:
Originally posted by Laytin:
Teknique, if I am not mistaken orians belt is 3 stars long, and at last count there are alot more pyramids in Egypt and S. America than just three. Now if you said orian, I might be inclined to look futher into that but just the belt... sorry umm no
sorry about the incomplete post i made.
i meant the three big ones in giza (or however you spell that, the egypt ones though). the difference in angle is only a few centimeters. pretty good when you're dealing with tons of stone and no technology.

there is also a temple in kambodia, with the exact angles of the dragon constellation built by the same culture at the about same time...

there is ALSO a temple on the easter island, built by the same culture at the same time, representing another constellation (this one i really don't remember though unfortunately)...

since there is no need to let that be mystery enough, those three tempel+pyramid constellations also, on different continents, represent another constellation(don't remember the name on this one either, it's been too long since) with just about centimeter-exact angle...............

i don't know what reasons they had for building all of this, but it wasn't for burying people, that's for sure.
i just wonder what they knew, that's now so completely forgotten...

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
sorry it is not my job to convert anyone from square one. if you are truly interested in finding out about these things research them for yourself, i thought you would be open enough to doing that so i took the time to type all that shite out. don't just wholehandedly sweep things under the rug as untrue just because you have no idea what we are talking about. this is less a discussion than a frustrating contest of words.
quote:
Since you say we can see this "beam" where is it. In all honesty, either I dont know what to look for or I cant see it. To me it sounds like nobody really knows what will happen and they are all making guesses
for fugs sake this is just... i told you it was made of EM radiation, so unless you have implants that read extradimensional vibration bandwidths you'd just see space like the rest of humankind unless you GET A FRIGGIN RADIO TELESCOPE. you are jumping into a college level discussion with third grade education here and raising your hand and going, "no way, you're just making this all up!" and i personally have better things to do than argue semantics. maybe do some research BEFORE you formulate such staunch opinions...
anybody who actually knows ANYTHING pertinent care to comment on my ideas on the meaning of the prophecies? anybody familiar with the Popul Vuh?

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
okay now maybe i'm gettin a little pissy
all in good fun though

Laytinmember
111 posts

Posted:
Teknique, how do you know it is the same culture? Is it possible that these could just be coincidences?

Arashi, I am not asking you to try to convert me (you couldnt even if you tried), I am just asking you to prove what you say. You dont tell the jury of a murder case to prove what happend, treat me like a jury. That is all I am asking.

I am ignorant on this discussion, so I will be asking ignorant questions, and saying ignorant things. Have some patience and some fun. Remember my signature, wisdom is out there, you just have to listen to her.

You are right though, I havnt gone to college much, frankly I dont see the point. The idea of a college, and highschools, is to make a person into a good employee. I dont want to be an employee, so why should I go? It is just a methid of control set up by our own fear of failure, when in fact it does nothing but cause us to fail.

Well if that wasnt off topic! Ignore those last comments.

If you truly know what you are talking about, you should be able to break it down to a level that anyone can understand. It is all a matter of what do you relate the subject to. Keep trying, I am sure you can come up with the soloution to my questions.

keyarghahPLATINUM Member
Woodford is Goodford..!
241 posts

Posted:
BUMP** 6 years forward. im freaking out.

'FREE HUGGIES!!'

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Much to ponder, we have. smile

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: keyarghahBUMP** 6 years forward. im freaking out.

I'll be a bit nervous that day. More about riots than anything else. But I don't think it's gonna mount to much.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Doc Lightning
I'll be a bit nervous that day. More about riots than anything else. But I don't think it's gonna mount to much.

Hmm....better fasttrack that 'build a lightsaber' project I've been kicking around. smile

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

LovoLord and Master
74 posts

Posted:
2 and a half years to go...
What method you guys recon? Might it be a result of my 2 year taking over the world plan?

Under the skin of our lives; somewhere deep and early, forgotten, we all follow the same dreams.
- unknown

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
well aztecs thought it would be floods i think if i remember correctly might be fire though?

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

LovoLord and Master
74 posts

Posted:
Well, we Melbournians experienced our second earthquake in 2 weeks. not very strong admittedly, but Melbourne NEVER gets earthquakes, we're in the middle of a bloody plate after all... tongue2

Under the skin of our lives; somewhere deep and early, forgotten, we all follow the same dreams.
- unknown

Groovy_DreamSILVER Member
addict
449 posts

Posted:
I reckon we should predict the end of the world to be 3012, that way in a thousand years there will be heaps of goss about the predictions of the mystical ancient firetwirlers and their visionary abilities.

We can even plant a nuke at the centre of the earth to make sure the prophecy comes true.

.... I just hope the mayans never had nuke-like-devices.

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
nuke-like devices on a 5000 year fuse?

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: =Flashpoint=nuke-like devices on a 5000 year fuse?

thats a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong gunpowder trail!

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Fluidic IceSILVER Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
Uh, I don't get it, Just because a calender ends doesn't mean so will the world =S. If my calender ends I buy a new one =]

Although 2012 looks like a great movie!
EDITED_BY: Fluidic Ice (1249556029)

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
heh.

The issue is that the Mayan calendar works in cycles....

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Seaspraystranger by the day
924 posts

Posted:
eh, my theory is that what'll happen is we'll reset to the beginning of this cycle *nod* As much sense as all the apocalypse theories tongue2

Just a dancer in the dark

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
it donesn't just start over thought, we will be entering into a new Era....the age of Aquarius i beleive

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Page: