Forums > Social Discussion > Obama new boss same as the old in regards to privacy rights.

Login/Join to Participate

railspinnerjourneyman
99 posts

Posted:
https://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2009/01/obama-sides-wit.html

Im rather disapointed, I actually believed obama was for transparancy in government and protection of rights. I was hopeing the US would undue some of the dire violations of individual freedoms that have been put in place in the last 8 years, and set an example for other world governments that are going down the same path.

what a fool I am.

The less people know the more they believe

SuchGOLD Member
Rancor
253 posts

Posted:
Obama is an usurper with nothing but NWO slapped on his face. There are a lot of Obama Zombies realizing he is nothing but a lie, not the messiah. Welcome to the awake, it's a scary place, but at least we are not delusional.

Mark my words, Obama == tyranny, not just to America, but the world.

Wait until the mythical North American Union sees light, I say a couple years at max and good bye borders, good bye sovereignty, good bye freedom.

Bumbling moron without a plagiarized script in from of him.

Ron Paul For Life.

Human

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: doppelGanger

Wait until the mythical North American Union sees light, I say a couple years at max and good bye borders, good bye sovereignty, good bye freedom.

I first heard about the NAU in 1994. It was supposed to be enforced on New Year's Eve, 1995. Then 2000. In a vast wave of military might. Then it was 2001. And then 9/11 was a cover-up for starting it. Then it was 2003 with Iraq. Then it was a small batallion of troops being deployed within the U.S. in November.

Funny how the launch of this thing keeps getting pushed back. The NAU makes the Boeing 787 look early and smoothly-executed.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
From what I gather this is a ruling about a particular instance, probably stayed in order to protect those involved or/and importantly prevent a legal president that might be used to block other, similar laws and also presidential powers. In the UK & US our governments really like to be able to see what we're doing. So I see it not as wanting to listen in on everyone, but protecting the possibility to.

And I'm wondering if anyone in America is on the fence about Obama? Maybe it's just because the harbingers of doom and superman fans shout loudest.

WizzYoBRONZE Member
stranger
13 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: doppelGangerObama is an usurper with nothing but NWO slapped on his face. There are a lot of Obama Zombies realizing he is nothing but a lie, not the messiah. Welcome to the awake, it's a scary place, but at least we are not delusional.

Wow, he has been in office for 4 days. Cause, ya know, that is enough time to make everything better. You really want him to fail, don't you? Great way of showing you care at all about your country.

Obama is not perfect. However in the four days he has been in office he has undone a lot of what bush did right before he left. Actually read some of the bills he is passing instead of one of the few thing he hasn't changed.

I also thought it was kinda cool that the whitehouse webpage is going to be posting all of the bills that are presented to Obama before he signs them so the public can comment/criticize them.

railspinnerjourneyman
99 posts

Posted:
This isn't a matter of not doing something, it's a matter of takeing action to continue violation of privacy rights. The arguement "he just got in give him a break" doesn't hold much weight, when he just got in, and he's already maintaining the order of bush's legacy.

The less people know the more they believe

SuchGOLD Member
Rancor
253 posts

Posted:
Yes because I dislike Obama and his policies I am a hater of my country. Grow up. I would love to see him do wonderful things, but I know he won't. He doesn't even know how many states we have. He only got into the primaries by getting his three running mates kicked out, he has barely any political experience, let alone any experience handling anything major. His voting record goes against everything he says he stands to protect. He also want more war, is not pulling out of Iraq, and has already said that all of his promises have need to be broken in light of changing times. Usurper bought and paid for by the new world order.

It's all good though, he is black and that makes him the messiah! I don't say that because I am racist, but because there is a army of obamazombies that think their getting a check in the mail and will never have to work again.

He supports the bankers takeover of the world, and no no stance on gaza/isreal. Yeah he is going to make one great president. Just wait.

It's no surprise he is willingly and blatantly disgracing the constitution, our freedoms, and our privacy. Yet he stands there saying he is protecting the constitution, censored him.

Human

SuchGOLD Member
Rancor
253 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: railspinnerThis isn't a matter of not doing something, it's a matter of takeing action to continue violation of privacy rights. The arguement "he just got in give him a break" doesn't hold much weight, when he just got in, and he's already maintaining the order of bush's legacy.

+1

Human

SuchGOLD Member
Rancor
253 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: DomFrom what I gather this is a ruling about a particular instance, probably stayed in order to protect those involved or/and importantly prevent a legal president that might be used to block other, similar laws and also presidential powers. In the UK & US our governments really like to be able to see what we're doing. So I see it not as wanting to listen in on everyone, but protecting the possibility to.

And I'm wondering if anyone in America is on the fence about Obama? Maybe it's just because the harbingers of doom and superman fans shout loudest.

That's insulting, have you a clue about Obamas past? Have you researched anything about his roots, where he comes from, his connections, his lies? The man is not what the news made him, and shame on anyone for thinking he is.

A person who reads nothing is more educated than the person that reads nothing but newspapers. -Jefferson, I think.

Human

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
dopple, I did research all of the candidates and of them all, Obama was the lesser of evils.

They are all politicians. They lie. To expect otherwise is really silly.

And truth be told, none of us "know" anything at all about how he will be or what he will do.

8 years ago people thought Bush would fall in line and we would continue with the prosperity we felt after Clinton.
Not only did he backslide, he buried us in the worst crisis we are facing since TGD. I won't even start on the war and his unconstitutional policies, his deviousness, etc.
And McCain, who was originally the "maverick" of the GOP flipped sides, changed his mind and became a Bush desciple.

Our country couldn't take more of the same old thing.
Obama isn't alone, his greeness is balanced out by Biden's experience, just as McCain's experience tried to be balanced out by Palin.
Both sides did this *knowing* this country wants change, wants someone who does not qualify for medicaid and therefore does not understand the current needs of our nation.

I think calling Obama supporters zombies is really quite crass, and inferring that those who support him did not do research is rude.
I made a well educated decision when I voted full well knowing that I wasn't choosing the better man, these are politicians after all, instead I was choosing who I felt to be the lesser of evils.

And while I support Obama, I don't support all he has (or has not) done, I'll not be judging him on preconceived notions or even on his first 100 days.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK