Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Sheffield Poi in the Park Birthday: 20th October 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone, Si here with an official Poi in the Park Sheffield Birthday announcement..

I can now confirm that our Birthday PiP will be taking place on Saturday, October 20th, from 3pm onwards.

The location is as follows: Endcliffe Park, off the Hunters Bar/Eccleshall Road Roundabout, Sheffield.

For those of you using sat nav to find your way, the postcode is: S11 7AB.

As in previous years the day is going to be a whole lot of fun, with lots of crazy things going on during both the day and night. We intend to have a few workshops running during the day (anyone wanting to run one or suggest what they'd like to learn please get in touch in the weeks to come), along with games and other activities, so whether your coming down to teach, learn, play or just be a monkey in a field for a day it should be fun for everyone!! :-)

For those of you who haven't been to a SheffPiP Birthday before, we like to keep everything very relaxed and groovy (as a certain crazy orange fruit repeatedly says...), which means there will be people from all walks of life, with loads of different props and differing skill levels; from those who perform for a living, to those who have quite literally never picked up poi, juggling balls etc.. before.

In the evening we will be having a renegade based fire show, where we encourage anyone who is comfortable and sensible with fire to get up and show us what they love doing best.

We will save the pros. till the very end because the show should be more about people who love fire than those who live fire, and we want you all to feel totally relaxed about spinning in front of us, regardless of skill level (again as long as you are sensible and safe with fire).

NB. Poi in the Park Sheffield is not liable for any personal injuries sustained while performing with fire. All individuals perform under their own consent. First Aid equipment will be provided should any accidents occur, and fire marshalls will make themselves aware to you before anyone lights up.

When the fire dies down we have also got St. Andrew's Church Hall for the night as we have had in recent years. This will provide a venue for more spinning, drinking, bouncing around and general madness for the remainder of the night. The hall comfortably sleeps over 50 people, and is fully equipped with kitchen and toilet facilities, so expect a continuing supply of tea, cakes and biccies...!

The large room will be allocated as the sleeping room, and past 2am music will have to be kept to a minimum to let those who wish to, sleep. However the small room will be an all-night UV room for those of you who aren't planning on sleeping.. ;-)

Although SheffPiP is a totally free event to attend, I do have to cover the base cost of hiring the hall for the night, and as such all those who wish to stay over will be asked to donate a modest £4 towards their stay. However, depending on how many people stay over, if i end up breaking even this year any money left over will be used to buy some yummy breakfast treats for all those in the hall... :-)

Those wishing to stay for the night, can you please email me over the next few weeks so i can guage numbers, and include any others you know of who may also wish to sleep over. The email address to use for this, and all enquiries is:

sheffpip@googlemail.com

That's about it for now. I'll post up a contact number for people to use closer to the day, but in the meantime i'll list below a summary of important information..

When: Saturday 20th October 2007, 3pm till 9am Sunday.
Where (Daytime): Endcliffe Park, Eccleshall Road. S11 7AB
Where (Night): St. Andrew's Church Hall, Hanover Way. S3 7RQ
Who: Absolutely anyone and everyone.
Price: Free for all during the day. £4 to sleep in the hall.

So, get booking those days off in your diaries and get those train/coach tickets sorted cos this is one day you're not gonna want to miss out on! :-)

Stay tuned for more updates and keep those suggestions coming for activities and workshops.

Also, anyone wanting to do a non-renegade performance please email me with details of your routine, any music you may want playing etc..

Peace n Pineapples

Si

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
come on guys, i've given you dates. who's coming and who wants space in the hall?

so far i've only heard from sheffield people and they don't need accommodation.

Do you still want me to book the hall out for people to stay over? if so i need to know how many roughly will be staying..

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
agreed, PiP birthday is an historic meet, changed my life a few times. I might even be coming wink

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Crazy_ClownGOLD Member
102 posts

Posted:
Last year was amazing, one of the best kind of conventions/big gatherings ive been to, specially the next morning mission for a breakfast

I'll be there and I will possibly take some people with me from birmingham

Oh, and i'll need place in the church hall to sleep

|)><(|

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
haha yeah the morning mission was an entertaining one.. least we know what'll be open at that time now tho.. :-)

consider yourself down for hall space and biccies!..

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
think i might be up for this, i just have to convince neil and matt to drive up biggrin

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
jo you know you're coming up for it!!! (or ill sit in the corner of the field and cry lots... ;-( ) matta and neil will definately be coming up too if i have anything to say about it hehe..

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
will be there if ya need it skip no worries. :-) hey bring your coursework along, maybe we could do 'exchange of spinning knowledge for coursework knowledge' workshops...?

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I have every intention of coming to this. May also need crash space, not sure yet smile
Will email you soon regarding sleeping over

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Me & Vux will be along smile

We need sleeping space.

bounce

Haven't missed a PiP for years... not going to start now!

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
i may be bringing more people than just amy, will let you know how much room we'll need smile

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
hoorah to all who're coming. the more the merrier!.. as long as i know ive got a fair few people coming, numbers aren't important. was more worried there wouldnt be enough people to warrant the hall, we'll easily be able to fit everyone in, i can open up other rooms if need be.. :-)

couldnt think of pip with you missing it al.. that'd be like beans on toast using soya beans.. madness! :-)

Hoorah for pip birthday!

FelixwahSILVER Member
journeyman
81 posts

Posted:
me and my mate will be coming not sure on sleeping yet but will let ya know smile

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Matt's definitely going, I'm definitely going biggrin not too sure about Neil yet. Dag nabbit.

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
Did we always pay to sleep in the hall?
I should be there. A lift from the train station would be muchly appreciated

What're you looking at?
I assume you're being rhetorical?
What're you callin' me!?

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
yup, although last year a lot of people didn't pay. i hire out the hall out of my own money and it costs over £100 for the night so i do kinda need ppl to pay to sleep or i have to cover the costs myself...

£4 aint exactly a lot thos seeings as PiP is pretty much the ONLY free event of its kind and size in this country.. :-D

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
I'm not complaining and I'll happily pay, just can't remember paying last time i crashed.
Now, who's actually going to drink with me this year?

What're you looking at?
What're you callin' me!?

addict
498 posts

Posted:
i will! ooh i can actually buy drink this year - get me! just gotta get over this money problem now...

towelfunewbie
1 post

Posted:
we'll be coming smile
i'm an absolute beginner so i'm looking forward to seeing how it should be done smile

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
 Written by: TastesLikePurple

i will! ooh i can actually buy drink this year - get me! just gotta get over this money problem now...

Read as: buy me a drink, buy me a drink!
Thing is, i'm so not strapped for cash anymore so if we've got a few people who want a bottle of wine or something i'll just buy a crate and we can have a bottle each a little bit cheaper. Check me, economising!

What're you looking at?
What're you callin' me!?

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
haha, well last year me and the leicester lot stayed up past everyone crashing out (thanks for staying up and keeping me company guys!! :-) ) this year i say get a vast amount of crates in, with some hardcore liquor and anyone caught not drinking and trying to sleep will be nipple-pegged... ;-P what say you to that good sir?

(runs off in glee.......)

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
only kidding kids.. only step will be nipple pegged! and everyone is required (yes this is mandatory!!!) to do so at any opportune moment.. especially when he's asleep... ;-P love ya buddy.

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
i love you si

What're you looking at?
What're you callin' me!?

FelixwahSILVER Member
journeyman
81 posts

Posted:
i shall be definatly drinking!!! woop no nipple pegs for me wink

addict
498 posts

Posted:
ok i'll have got paid by then (hopefully! *crosses fingers*) so i'll buy you a drink - or i'll do the same and economise with crates wink

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I will definately be coming to this and needing crash space. I am really looking forward to it now especially the breakfast hunt on the sunday morning!

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Steaks you can crash in the hall for £4 smile

Neil and I are coming up together woo bounce

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I'll be there. I think.

Depends how lazy i'm feeling.

EDIT: I'll be staying in the hall overnight too. smile
EDITED_BY: Look_This_Changes (1191185989)

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I'll be there, and staying in the hall overnight.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
hoorah hoorah. loads of people coming, si is very excited now.. been doing my 'no rain' dance daily so all is gonna go perfect on the day.. :-)

looking for ideas for games and workshops if people have any suggestions?

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
si i have games biggrin

Page: ...