squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
I was looking over the Cathedral style wicks as I begin my research.

What I want to do is put the eyebolt and nut inside somehow so that there is no exposed metal on the bottom end of the wick.

What methods are available for this? Do I need to sew an end flap over it, or begin the construction with the eyebolt already in place, or what?

"to a man whose only tool is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail." Abraham Maslow

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
Do you think the sewing would compromise overall integrity and lifespan of the wick, though?

"to a man whose only tool is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail." Abraham Maslow

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
hmm. Ok, Ill look into it. thanks!

There wouldnt by chance be a method for backfolding the cathedral so that sewing is unnecessary, is there?

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
Yah, youre probably right. I would like to minimize metal exposure, but not wrestle with it too much. After all, eventually Ill be having to replace the wick and do it again. smile

Thanks again, man.