Page:
Evil_Penguinnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
I haven't got a clue how to spin poi. I have read through tutorials, looked closely at videos, and I just can't imitate. I'm not even spinning a single poi right, I don't understand what motion my wrist should be doing or where my hands should be positioned.

Furthermore I can't even get a good grip on the poi because the loops are too huge for my fingers frown It's all very exasperating. Is it far more simple than I think or am I missing something entirely?

I am sick already of achieving nothing but a ball bouncing off my head and a ton of bruises.

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
that sounds like good advice, maybe i'll try that with the foward btb weave

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

SprocketGOLD Member
140 posts

Posted:
Try rope skipping! Same movement of the wrists and crossovers plus it gets you fit!

hm, pinecones, my favourits!

Dwarf_starGOLD Member
"setting things on fire legally since 2004
7 posts

Posted:
Learning t0o spin the poi behind your back is actually more difficuilt than people give it credit for, because you can't see the poi and Your body naturally want to pull them back to the front of you (usually resulting in smacking you in the arse or face).
start with butterfly combinations and weaves first and then above the head behind the back is easier from over the head moves and it gets your arms used to working behind you.
D.V.D'S are good too "Sage behind the flame" has alot or neat tricks that aren't that difficuilt.

Dwarfstar

Page: