Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > 4 ball form.. its new and i invented it $=

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
doc-so_fiestyMember
8 posts

Posted:
juggle

holy shat why tie your poi to your fingers..

why not have 4 balls freestanding... ??? !

ooohhh you should see how these babies handle ubblove

am in manchester this weekend may be out on sunday for demos???? ubblol

fire puppyBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
i did that one alot when i first started it hurt my head

the Only good way to quit smoking is to cut your arms off, but then how would you drink coffee?

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Wow.

It seems to have knocked the punctuation right out of your head.

wink tongue

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

fire puppyBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
yeah its all your fault lolsign lolsign lolsign

the Only good way to quit smoking is to cut your arms off, but then how would you drink coffee?

steve dbBRONZE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
puresock and i invented a move called "the matrix reloaded" which couldn't have been done thousands of years beforehand 'cos the movie only came out a couple of years ago, so there tongue

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Stop talking in rubbish and listen to the God of Poi ... I.E. ME!

I am the God of Poi and I shall come down upon anyone who posts about poi moves ever again and eat all their baby making equipment!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
You're not the Messiah, you're just a very naughty boy ubblol

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

fire puppyBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
hey two bag you can tell that to the indigenous women of polynesia who have been spinning poi as tradition for 1000 years

fire puppyBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
I am sure they called it something diff too

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
 Written by: fire puppy

hey two bag you can tell that to the indigenous women of polynesia who have been spinning poi as tradition for 1000 years

If you cover the travel expenses, I'll go to polynesia and tell them that modern poi spinning is more heavily based on club swinging than traditional poi.

Then again, I may just be overwhelmed at how old they are. Spinning for 1000 years, their arms must be getting tired. wink

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
 Written by: doc-so_fiesty

i started meteors but its too many circles to make them all turn into each other..

so yes using them as poi..
you can move from ball to ball quite easily also started makin a 3ball suicide i know it works i know the ball that it would come out on but just cant get it to pop..

Did you also invent English? Because it's similar to English I've seen but different enough to suggest that you, perhaps, invented it without ever having been exposed to it.

wink wink wink hug

(only playin!)

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UmbiliciformCraterOnFace

He did invent it if he has never seen it elsewhere before.
He arrived at it without any external input, so he did invent it.
So what if someone else somewhere on the other side of the word invented it first?, he still invented it as he thought of it.

Does it also make it "New" as he claimed if he "Invented" it years after someone else?

wink

Oh wait... There was a TV ad for reruns that said "If you haven't seen it, it's NEW TO YOU." Maybe that's it.

wink wink wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

fire puppyBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
thank you nyc and if they have a question about clubs they can ask the Hawaiians who have been at it fore just as long

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I can't find any information about Hawaiian club swinging, all I find is tantric swinging club websites. Still, I'm willing to assume it's different from the Indian club swinging that a lot of modern poi draws from.

But, it only draws from Indian clubs - there's a lot more besides.
I think saying that everything's already been discovered is very narrow minded - there's always going to be something new that no-one's done yet, even if that comes through taking something from somewhere else and running with it to somewhere new.

I just find it very hard to belive that we've reached a point where you might as well tell people 'don't bother trying to innovate - everything's already been done'. It's counter productive and I think crippling to a community.
What would have happened if someone had persuaded Edison that the phonograph was old news and that everything else he was ever going to work on had already been invented? Sitting in rooms lit by gas lamp maybe?

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
UCOF iz god ubblol biggrin

Many Maori believe the geneology *sequence of :

*Io Matua
*Ko Te Ao and Ko Te Po
*Ranginui and Papatuanuku
*Tane Mahuta and Hine-i-te-repo
*Pakoti
*Hinerauamoa (God of poi)

Actually hawaiians dont spin poi traditionally, although the cultures are similar. We have common ancestory and both evolved form the same origin.

As for inventing new things, personally i think its all good. I like finding things out for myself, and i figure if noone has shown me then i invented it smile regardless if 100's of people are doing it in london. Thats the whole fun of poi, figuring out combos for your own spiritual wellbeing smile

There are always different way to put combos together and different ways for people to move. We should be happy that people find "new" moves! Dosn't it feel so awsome?!?

fire puppyBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
There is nothing wrong with figuring something out for your self but it still dose not mean you invented it a wheel is a wheel but go ahead and invent a hovercraft. create something new like the sun wheel i mentioned before

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
describe this magical sunwheel for us and i'll prove to you its not new either tongue

and if you can find an 'indigenous woman of polynesia' that spins poi and has been doing oli loops for the last thousand years, i'll give you a dollar smile

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
rolleyestsk....i dunno....you guys! wink

Poi...like any skill, or indeed anything thats been around for a long time, will be developed and added to over the years. Thus allowing variations and new possibilities of moves to be discovered surely!?? Isn't that just evolution of a skill???

Admittedly a lot of the time....you think of, or accidently discover "a move", YES....it has been done before....but that does NOT mean this is always the case.

For example some of the moves we can do today are dependant on the material of the prop that we spin with with....a lot of these materials have only been around over the last few years so how can everything have already been done??? umm

And anyway...
 Written by: Dragon7

As for inventing new things, personally i think its all good. I like finding things out for myself, and i figure if noone has shown me then i invented it regardless if 100's of people are doing it in london. Thats the whole fun of poi, figuring out combos for your own spiritual wellbeing

tongue

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
yeah, i'm with the 'isolated hyperwibbles haven't been around for a thousand years' crowd. i'm not sure if there is one of them, but in the event there is one created, i'll sit with them.

Oh, wait. nothing can be created...

You wouldn't happen to follow newtonian physics, would you, fire puppy?

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

doc-so_fiestyMember
8 posts

Posted:
hmmm....

the site is being very gay...

i am having major issues uploading this real time t tinternet..

anybody got suggestions for a space to put it on ?

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
www.youtube.com can watch it from the site

or if u jus wana upload the vid for others to d/l then

www.megaupload.com

www.yousendit.com

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
One day you learn to replace the term 'invented' with the term 'discovered' and everything starts to make far more sense.

wink

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

albotrossSILVER Member
52 posts

Posted:
im defnitly with Maus. like, i dont think they had steal chain 1000 years ago, and i do stuff with that wot hasnt worked with anything else. besides, how long have people been writing music? surely they would have run out of tunes? but, no, new things come out every day. iv ritten 3 goodones, and some of my frends have sum great stuff that they rote. the principles the same.

The nite is nearly over, day is almost here. Romans 13:12

Page: