Page: ......
Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Meg...

Just noticed...

Your avatar - hand HOLDING the staff - surely not contact staff...?umm

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
strugz it's nice to know im shite.constructive abuse..........................i have tim you are shite written on the inside door of the locker i keep my sticks in,it keeps me on my toes,so does watching proper jugglers!

here is a link to video of a very clean juggler

https://knaeuel.stw-bonn.de/lutkus.rh.rit...ack%20benny.mpg

borganiqueBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
i'm running out of hard drive meg

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
you need a bigger harddrive.

Our house servers running out of harddrive, because two of our flatmates have a little under 200gb of music, we're borrowing a HD to copy filled with 200gb of films, and that's not to mention my music, or the other flatmates music and films... Plus we have 8meg broadband for soulseek and bittorrent based fun. So we might need to up the servers storage to a terabyte... hmmmmm, terabytes.... biggrin

dark networks here we come!

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
 Written by: tim_marston

strugz it's nice to know im shite.constructive abuse..........................

Sorry when did i say you were shite......? confused

when did i say anyone was shite for that matter (mcp not included wink)

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

borganiqueBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
cheers for your computor information meg, i'm really interested...
who are you on ssk? i wanna nick your shite tunes. i'm ethnobotanist on there.
laters all.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
remaining critic

6.14 looks awkward and having both your arms infront of your face at weird angles looks odd

7.03 stand up straight fix your planes and you wont have to hunch

7.27 stand up straight

pattern from olives hand swap would look better if it was done slower at points the lower hand is rushing and making huge plane breaks which destroys the overall framing of the move

turning halo pattern is sweet now do it with the non haloing stick antispinning

half angelina jolie (extended)+ break up with brad pitt should be more sexy to hold such a name

13.56 got a bit military for my liking

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Spanner

Written by: strugz

Antti - all good points dude........ Meg does look rough and tim is shite and sandy well......... wink

Strugz was just in the right place at the wrong tim.

T&B Tim and Sandy - like the dudes in the Lab video relevant to this thread! and the dudes i know can take a joke and undestand the meaning of the wink ubblol

I dont even know a tim marston........ shrug

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
both tims are lovely, as you would know if you had met the other one..
and strugz is nice too.
not having two people i like lots arguing over a mistake tongue

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
i'm not on these videos,i know its not about me all though i am shite which is true,i just wanted to post a link to francis brunn..some very clean football contact and an absolute hero of mine.....one of the greatest and a shining example to anyone discussing cleanliness,

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
check the bottom of page 9

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I'm on page 5... cool

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
screw page 5 ubbloco

page 3 is where the good censored of this thead is at! smile

(well, and your latest vid posted ubblove)

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
ubblove sweet new vid meg... been learning stuff through accidental recall ever since i watched it... and again, it made me want to get up and spin! biggrin i've hardly touched my poi recently.... eek

oh.. and our vid will blow you away... you really won't have seen anything like it! ubblol

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Chronofracture333Hobo Gaylord
329 posts

Posted:
@Antti- Thankyou! hug

Meg my mate wants to know what the second tune you used was.....

Love the shiny new moves.

biggrin

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

"Oooh, what a shiny new move!"

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
page three?i'm there tongue

RAZESILVER Member
How much for a truckload of feathers?
108 posts

Posted:
I'm learning doubles before even learning staff properly, all thanks to you MCP... and I sport the same hair heart

The music in all your videos is excellent... but what's the title and artist of the last track on LAB 5.1 ?? That's a GREAT tune.

Big up for such inspiring material....

If you eat your dessert before your dinner, you will live longer. Living longer means more fire....

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
right right right:

1st track: track 2 off the benny and joon soundtrack. ubblove
2nd track: Something by some weird band that mo-seph lent to ian that I borrowed.
3rd track: soulwax, I can't remember if it's a mashup. First track on their newish album.
4th track: ratatat, seventeen years, not off the new album, classic.

for other comments: Yes, the new hair is the WIN! and thanks guys!

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
3rd Track "e Talking" Band: Soulwax Album: Any Minute now (Not a mashup smile )

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
sooooo the first tune.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
on the album yes... in your track listing no tongue

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
go back to balls tiny waist boy. tongue

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
 Written by: The Antti

Hola.. I just watched lab05 the second time.. Lot of things to learn from it. But i'd say your (you as in all of you) focus is too much on the tricks. I read your thoughts on how to improve your spinning and working more on the movement and getting tricks clean would definitely do you good.

To put it more nicely, you all definitely got enough technique for something really good. But I think really to take contact staff to another level the focus should be more on getting tricks clean and thinking of ways to present them. And add a bit of personal style to it.

Considered response:

I'm never going to just STOP learning and get my tricks clean. I'm not that good yet. I don't want to be somebody that does easy tricks really well. I don't want to be the person with all the old school moves done really cleanly, but nothing new.

I want to do ridiculous tricks cleanly sure. But the cleanly bit is secondary. I want to push the limits of contact staff before I get too old. Not push the limits of performing it. (just yet) (I'll do that when I get old.)

entheogenGOLD Member
173 posts

Posted:

Why not the other way around , i mean who wanna look at a old scotisch "lady" without hair performing ? ubbloco

But too be not too off topic.
It´s just a matter of taste .(i guess)
I agree that alot off tricks don´t show their full potential of prettiness if not done cleanly.
And its crazy what results from really having a move.
it opens other doors.

But on the other hand its also f.....g boring to just train the same moves over and over and over ...

frustration...

well i think i´m at this point right now..
at least a bit

but too keep up the discussion
i think a well done angel roll(old school move) looks much better than
8 crapy variations

anyway keep up sticking

'There are two mantras in life, yum and yuk. I choose yum.'

Antti_EverythingGOLD Member
addict
446 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

Written by: The Antti

Hola.. I just watched lab05 the second time.. Lot of things to learn from it. But i'd say your (you as in all of you) focus is too much on the tricks. I read your thoughts on how to improve your spinning and working more on the movement and getting tricks clean would definitely do you good.

To put it more nicely, you all definitely got enough technique for something really good. But I think really to take contact staff to another level the focus should be more on getting tricks clean and thinking of ways to present them. And add a bit of personal style to it.

Considered response:

I'm never going to just STOP learning and get my tricks clean. I'm not that good yet. I don't want to be somebody that does easy tricks really well. I don't want to be the person with all the old school moves done really cleanly, but nothing new.

I want to do ridiculous tricks cleanly sure. But the cleanly bit is secondary. I want to push the limits of contact staff before I get too old. Not push the limits of performing it. (just yet) (I'll do that when I get old.)

Good response.. wink

Point your toes.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I don't really want to watch the super clean cascade with dance and interesting body movement. I want to watch stefan sing.

I think that succinctly states my case.

That said, I still think contact staff is very much at it's early stages. We're still on the cascade variations. ....

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
"I don't really want to watch the super clean cascade with dance and interesting body movement. I want to watch stefan sing. "

Sorry... just cos I don't get it... what's the difference? Or is this sarcasm I didn't pick up on?

Stefan Sing. Le sigh. ubblove

Getting to the other side smile

entheogenGOLD Member
173 posts

Posted:

total agreement
with "contact staff is very much at it's early stages"
but since you mentioned stefan sing who is a friend of mine and lives in the same house as i do

he does have the dam cascade in his sleep thats the reason why he is able to do it in every weird position

and ask him, i bet he would say freak around but go back to practice your basics lots
at least thats what i see him doing
maybe not with the same words (it would be in german)

greatings from germany

'There are two mantras in life, yum and yuk. I choose yum.'

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
stefan sing can do btb box. like, fully btb, and that's probably not something he even finds hard anymore.

going onto talking about an abstract good juggler, that no longer needs to be stefan sing...

I do think even mr sing doing a routine with only juggling tricks I can do would be very interesting, but it wouldn't be as amazing as his normal stage routine. And yes, there's nothing you could critisize in that first routine, but it would be obvious that he hadn't put the time into juggling before making a routine.

Simple things done well is all fine, and that's what dance is. But I'd also want to see acrobatics, done well. Everybody can move, but not everybody can flip.

And in the end, if we go back to the dance analogy, dancers don't even care if they do things well anymore, it's taken for granted, it's expressing with dance that's the 'difficult' bit.

story, charactor, theme, emotion etc.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Don't really want to get into the dance/skills argument, cos I'll probably lose... but I think that skills are just as valid a form of expression - it's personal preference on what you like to watch.

But Bentstix, could you possibly wave hellos to Mister Sing from me, if you see him... I met him when I was running around doing stuff backstage at the EJC show... I think he rocks smile

Greetings from Belfast

Getting to the other side smile

Page: ......