shen shuiSILVER Member
no excuses. no apologies.
1,799 posts

Posted:
hi...

rev ttn, throw the lhp when its beating underneath the rhp, and make the socks tangle over each other at the halfway point (or thereabouts) of the held poi (it doesnt matter as much where you tangle on the other sock, so long as its closer to the handle than halfway) so that the poi swings around the in-air poi and you can catch it again, trapping the knot of the in-air poi so that you can turn n pirouette... and then kinda stall on the up-beat and release the poi head so that the in-air poi becomes thrown, so that you can catch it (or propeller it) (or re-whip catch it (gasp!))...

smile

those that know, dont say. those that say, dont know.

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
sounds like a pretty cool trick smile, must try and get whip catches working.....

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

SladinjiSILVER Member
46 posts

Posted:
ok you lost me around the first catch before pirouette....video ? confused

- Maelle -

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
are you pirouetting while the thrown poi is around the other? or while it is in the air?

video would be uber helpful.

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
A whip catch from butterfly? Hmm... I hadn't found a way to do these yet. Only from a weave pattern.

shen shuiSILVER Member
no excuses. no apologies.
1,799 posts

Posted:
pirouette after the whip catch, yup.
i'd chuck it up on video if i had a video and knew how to do all the computery stuff...
maybe in the next few months i'll be able to have something to show for these words...
yeah i wanted to see if you could butterfly-whip catch after playing about entering it from a weave. gotta have lovely timing...
smile

those that know, dont say. those that say, dont know.

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
I can do several butterfly whip catches, including one from one handed which is fun. Try pirouetting while the thrown poi is in the air then whip catching, or whip catch, release both poi, pirouette and catch, or whip catch, caught poi springs off other poi, pirouette and catch in another whip catch. The last one is so fun, i was playing about with it in the summer smile

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.