Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > 3/12/05 The London Burning Man Decompression Party

Login/Join to Participate

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Its that time of year again! The London Burningman Decom Party 2005 ! Hurrah!

Decompression runs on the same principles as burningman, no spectators - participation, leave no trace etc. The London Decompression party is a chance for those who attended the Nowhere 2005 festival in Zaragoza and Burning Man 2005 festival in Nevada to reunite and get up to crazy capers. All proceeds will go towards funding the Nowhere 2006 festival.

https://euroburners.org/wikka/Decom2005

What is a Decompression ?

Some groovy DJs are already lined up, the IndeSkies costume camp will continue again this year (dressing up actively encouraged, there are crazy costumes on hand for folk with no fancy frock to wear), dance performances, bondage, sideshows and of course, fire!

Date: 3/12/05

Tickets: £10 (£15 on the door)

Start time: 8pm until as late as you stay to make the party happen

Want to Participate?

If you'd like to volunteer in someway, whether it be running the cockring toss, greeting people at the door or helping with decor set up - get in touch, there is still lots to do!

I can't highly recommend enough this party. I met my sweet and fine man at last years Decom party ubblove and met some lovely amazing people from UK and overseas. There are so many lovely things about this party but chief one being - the people.

Come and enjoy!

Kat

EDITED_BY: Kat (1131987605)

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Also if you want to spin fire contact myself, BigEd or Santi on the website as soon as possible!!

https://www.euroburners.org/wikka/DecomFirePerformance
as we may close down the outside area to fireperfmances at a certain time to make way for the the UV Bubble Dome (or the psychedelic womb as I like to call it)

We will have another inflatable but there now won't be a UV Dome so it will be possible to play with fire outdoors **

EDITED_BY: Kat (1132569438)

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
FIRE PERFORMANCE NEWS!

We are going to have a fireworks show ubbrollsmile However due to UK regulations, they will have to be set off before 11 so the fireshow will now start at 10.30!!

Early I know but all the performances will be kicking off in the early evening anyhow so better to get there in time to see all the lovely things happening anyhow ubbloco

- W B Yeats

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
ooooh Kat - sounds like a wicked night.
Is it at 491 gallery again??

I'm going to a League of Gentlemen xmas panto ubblol on 3rd Dec... but might pop in afterwards.

Have you got your phone back???

hug2

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Excellent - the panto sounds fun. You should definitely pop in afterwards seeing as its happening in your neighbourhood and its always nice to take advantage of a corker of a party happening in your back yard : ) You can blame my getting involved in Decompression and Nowhere for not seeing very much of me this year, was worth it though! DJs are scheduled to play until about 9-10am but the party will probably kick on till about midday before people collapse I reckon!

Still no sign of my phone - Boo hoo : ( Will either be buying a new phone this month or temporarily borrowing Teds.
Have some of these hug

- W B Yeats

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
What an amazing party! Constantly surprised at the lack of interest in Decom / Burning man among London poi and juggling folk yet huge responses to Juggling Conventions confused Londoners are certainly more techy / geeky rather than fiery and fetishist.

Highlights of Decom for me include:
The sound system for the fire show being brought out (the sound system was a coffin!) volunteers jumping through the ring of fire, turning around and seeing Bex & Will after they had raided the costume camp, getting my friend Pauline who hates fancy dress to wear a tutu and her LOVING it, naughty nurses, having a wicked dance with some of the ladies, getting a spanking from the lovely Emily, meeting the lovely snakedancing lady who let me hold her snake, and that wonderful feeling of looking round a room seeing people having an amazing time and thinking 'I helped make this happen' : )

Check out some of the lovely photos that have been taken by Neil (NkGuy) and Dave Bradshaw among others
Decom Page with photos and blog links
and this great photo of Bex and Will in their finery biggrin [image]https://burningcam.com/05/decompression/studio/large-26.html[/image]

Bex and Will - hope all in NZ is going well - thank you for coming and sharing months of work with us on your last weekend in the UK hug ubblove

- W B Yeats

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
NYC Decom kicked ass.

I'm glad to see yours was awesome also.

hug

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
https://burningcam.com/05/decompression/studio/large-28.html

Yeah! Those balls ended up somewhere!

Yuppidodeda Thanks to you Kat for putting on such a superb party. I miss that dress, i'd love to see a full length pic of me in it!

All well here in NZ except it's been raining constantly since Tuesday, and the nearby river has burst it's banks. I've put some photos of Thailand up on my picture gallery.

hug

ah wah wah wah a wah wah