Forums > Social Chat > Fun on a Budget in Glasgow??

Login/Join to Participate

Singed Piper (formerly Mark1)resident bagpiper
342 posts

Posted:
so i'm here in Scotland to compete in the World Pipe Band Championships, and i'm finding that I'll have lots of free time until then. I'm looking for fun things to do in Glasgow for someone who has no personal transportation, and is on a budget... any suggestions?

BTW: I'm staying in Murano Student Village, Lennox house, Caithness Street Flat D... i'm the tall portly fellow in room 3 named Greg. feel free to drop by. just email me first.

I spin poi passably (all the main stuff in the michael kwann book). my next door neighbor and younger brother are also here and both spin.

EDITED_BY: Singed Piper (formerly Mark1) (1123144880)

Q:What's the difference between the Great Highland Bagpipes and the Northumbrian Pipes?
A:The Great Highland Pipes burn longer.

_FSA_now comes with skydiving license
1,627 posts

Posted:
well ill keep it in mind that i can come and visit you if i just happens to be passing scotland on my way to the shops!!!
(im in australia!!)

Proudly owned by the very cute Pineapple Pete. Owner of Noddy. Joint owner of Mr Majestik.

342 posts

Posted:
lol ok then i'll expect you around tea time.

:P

Q:What's the difference between the Great Highland Bagpipes and the Northumbrian Pipes?

_FSA_now comes with skydiving license
1,627 posts

Posted:
yeah ill be there lolsign biggrin

Proudly owned by the very cute Pineapple Pete. Owner of Noddy. Joint owner of Mr Majestik.

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
If you're up for some culture, lots of the Glasgow museums are free and most are in the city centre.
There's a pub called NiceNSleazy on Sauchiehall Street (if it's still there that is) that has a couple of bands a night for around 4 pounds, the ones I heard there were not too bad.

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Sporkyaddict
663 posts

Posted:
If you wanna meet up for a spin then PM me as I'm in Glasgow at the moment. The Gallery Of Modern Art is always cool as are most of the other galleries and museums but then there are also some fantastic live music venues

Have faith in what you can do and respect for what you can't

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Good luck for the championships smile

Getting to the other side smile

342 posts

Posted:
thanks, I'm really hoping the band (grade 4b) does well. if anyone's around on the 13th check out the championships (All day, Glasgow Green)... i'm in the Graham Highlanders of St Johnsbury Academy... we play around 8-8:30am if all goes well... then if we make the first round, we play again later. if you want to check out the band, we have a site at https://www.grahamhighlanders.com

slainte,

greg