Forums > Social Chat > what to do with a naked face

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
FlamingOberonGOLD Member
ohm mani padme hum
134 posts

Posted:
So I have a job interview/screening on in 2 days, and i have/had an orange mohawk and orange facial hair, which i had to shave off to be "presentable"... but i have had a beard or goatee for the last 6 years and now i feel really, really weird without it. it had a few singes, here and there, but i liked it and now i feel naked. redface

i just felt a need to share this with someone. any sympathizers in the crowd?

greddyfirebratBRONZE Member
87 posts

Posted:
yes yes there is its horrible what we do to "LOOK" presentable i wasgoing for a job the othere day and they told me to take my piercing out and thats who i am i got them cos everyone was sayin i looked like my bro and HATE being compared to family i is the worst but i,m sure the beard will grow back soon and the mowie so till invest in a beanie hug ubbidea biggrin

fire is a living thing it can breath and it eats so respect the fire

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
i have a tendancy to look half my age if i shave, i try to avoid it where possible

bing!BRONZE Member
i beat my inner child
184 posts

Posted:
that wouldnt be so bad if you were 50 years old ... but i'm guessing you aren't

--the spark what lit the flame which started the fire that burned forever--

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
I got ID'd buying bucks fizz (alcohol content about 3%) on my 23 birthday

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
I got ID'd in wetherspoons when I was 22 on a tuesday afternoon when I asked for the banana pancakes, alcohol content 0%.

Seriously.

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
ubblol

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
I went to a job interview for an after school kids club, looking pretty much like I do in my avatar - body piercings and lime green trousers too - and was surprised when I got the job. The kids loved me, but the teachers at the schools we picked the kids up from really didn't like me.

Shaved my beard off a few days ago because I felt too old. Now I've given up shaving as it grows too fast and I look like a bum unless I shave at least twice a day.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

Sir Nuggit....is a liability
899 posts

Posted:
No word of a lie, I have to carry my passport with me everywhere I go because I get ID'd all the time!

And I've got the tendency to wander off when out so I can see me one day calling home with the sound of seagulls in the background!! ubbloco

Pull my pin out, roll me in to a room and see what happens ubbloco

SebPenguin of Mass Destruction and Tricky Bugger to the court of Claire the Askew
643 posts

Posted:
I shaved off my sideburns which I've been growing for about, I don't know, ten months? They were aroundan inch and a half out from my face if I ruffeled them up I think anyhow, in order to plait them scotsmanlike and ow, while it feels rather nice, my face looks slightly the wrong shape to me if viewed front on. Don't tell Saan though cos I'm gonna phone her and use it as a random comment.

You can always get some eyeliner or face paint and daub your face with orange untill the interview Oberon. wink

Edit: And nice job Polarity. smile

Blast! I wrote this just after Flid's laughing post but forgot to click continue. Consider this post an ancient relic.
EDITED_BY: Seb (1116339922)

Chucks nuns
Property of mynci and blu_valley, and proud of it.

FlamingOberonGOLD Member
ohm mani padme hum
134 posts

Posted:
every since i was 16, i was mistaken for about 21 or 22 (most likely because of my beard) and now, 6 years later, without the beard i look 18. ACK.

Sir Nuggit....is a liability
899 posts

Posted:
'tis much the law of sod wink

Pull my pin out, roll me in to a room and see what happens ubbloco

firebyrdSILVER Member
154 posts

Posted:
I've been accused of being in my thirties for the last decade.. problem is I'm only 24.... frown

am I ageing expotentially?

Oberon... it could be worse you're finding it hard to adjust but let me tell you a story. My father is nicknamed captain Bird's eye. He's had a beard all my life. My mother decided it aged him and harped on at him for years to shave it off.. so one new year's eve a few year's back he decided to surprise her and snuck out of bed in the wee hours of the morning to scrape off god only know's how many years of growth. I was woken that morning by screams and dull thuds. My mother upon woking up and seeing a strange man in bed beside her thought the worst and tried to beat her 'attacker' off with the bedside lamp...

we laugh about it now but mum keeps all the razors in the house under lock and key

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
ubblol

fantastic!

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

FlamingOberonGOLD Member
ohm mani padme hum
134 posts

Posted:
that is absolutely amazing, well, maybe not for your dad...

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
i never get ID'd - mainly because i can never be bothered to shave regularly so i end up with perpetual stubble beard thingy

tis odd tho b/c im a short [censored] but all my mates say i look over 20 ah well the joys biggrin

back

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
had a dyslexic moment just then...read the title as"what to do with a naked fence"

to my dissapointment, there is no mention of a fence... so

Non-Https Image Link

phwoar... lovely close up ubblol

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Best job I ever had. um.. Only job I ever had, besides temping in factories. Started doing nightshifts at 15 (not allowed till 18 here, so I must have looked real old then).

Kids club was awesome, did teach a bit of poi, but mostly did origami. Gave up on staff after the kids decided it would be more fun to hit me in the nuts with them. Poi wasn't so bad, but it got worse when they could finally swing them straight.

The only bad things about origami were having to make a dozen blow up frogs every night, and being handed a drool soaked frog by a 4 year old with a cold 'cause he couldn't blow it up.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
origami rocks - thats what i spend a lot of time doing at my kids club - ive risked the poi but with socks in so no injuries yet smile

looking after kids is the best job if you only do it one day a week - especially when all you have to do is keep them safe and you have a bouncy castle biggrin WOOT

back

ilsanyamanic over a fence
798 posts

Posted:
Written by: Seb

I shaved off my sideburns

WHAT?! bad bad seb!

Quid Pro Quo
5|>00|\|5 /-\|^3 <00|!

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
I was doing kids club 5 days a week, for 3 1/2 hours, and it nearly killed me, 5 12 hour nightshifts is a lot easier wink After being cooped up in school all day sitting still, being quiet and listening they just went nuts as soon as they were on the minibus!

We only had a bouncy castle at the end of the school year. When I started they were running it in the kids area of a local pub that had a huge ball pool. Spent a lot of time just collecting balls, or being used for target practice.

What kind of origami do you do? I did a fair bit of modular stuff, so everyone would muck in to make a couple of modules, then I'd assemble the whole lot for them.

greddyfirebratBRONZE Member
87 posts

Posted:
my dad did something like that but not beatings my dad had a beard all my sisters life when she was about 4-5 dad came home cos he left for work 5-30 or soo anyway when he came home and walked into my sisters room and said hello to her she screamed hestarically then started yelling get out stranger and my dad had to live in a hotel till his beard grew back ubblol now thats nuz ubbloco

fire is a living thing it can breath and it eats so respect the fire

JayKittyGOLD Member
Mission: Ignition
534 posts

Posted:
I babysat one time and we all fell asleep while watching the Spongebob Squarepants movie for the billionth time. It's ok, all the kids fell asleep too.
My sister's boyfriend is 18 and has a nice little goate going on, he looks very young without it. But he's got it, I'm usually shaven and only 17. So when he got carded at a club one night and I didn't he wasn't all to happy(He's very proud of his chin fuzz)

Don't mind me, just passing through.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Written by: Nuggit

No word of a lie, I have to carry my passport with me everywhere I go because I get ID'd all the time!

Pink carries her passport round every where with her too. But i suspect that is because she fears deportation though.

Which is odd, cos I doubt that Carealot would have her back after all this time....

Meh

Spacecow00xSILVER Member
170 posts

Posted:
thats a hot fence, where can i see more pictures of her? lol jk

You've got the wings of a fallen angel
You offer peace if they praise your name
You live your life taking everything you can get
Look down, time to fly!

firebyrdSILVER Member
154 posts

Posted:
sorry Oberon I think we've all lost the thread here a little so I'd just like to make a few quick suggestions.....

what to do with a naked face

1. Get everything else naked so you match..(much the same as the' OMG i have to wear matching bra and knickers in case I get hit by a bus today and the doctors see me in my underwear and one of them if young/dark/tall/handsome blah blah blah' syndrome)
2. Shave eyeholes and a nose into the back of your head, paint on eyes/wear dark glasses, wera a hat back to front and walk around backwards until you're old beard grows back.
3. Alternatively, become obsessive and get young virgins to massge vigin olive oil and himalyan mountain yak urine into your facial folicles in an attempt to stimulate growth.
4. Hibernate....

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
i got a job for the PO once (I had to wear a blouse and pleated skirt eek) anyway, i had to take my piercings out after requests from magagment saying that they would 'scare' customers. as it was our local PO i knew alot of the customers who All complained that they had make me take them out as i didn't look like me. infact most reacted in a shocked way but i don't think the uniform helped with that *Shudders.
then i got another job where i was in the public eye,I also worked along side SS and in both cases i was never asked once to take them out, or dress any different to how i do now. biggrin * misses the job frown

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

firebyrdSILVER Member
154 posts

Posted:
I want a job like that, when I studied at Uni (the first time round) I got into piercings, but unfortunately when you're doing ward rounds the patients don't like it too much so they all had to come out, ever since then I've been meaning to get them done again but I seem to perpetually end up in places where it wouldn't be appproved of. I don't know how I manage it but there you go... one day maybe

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
rofl you could always wear the blue plasters ubblol that would make them smile at least. good beside manner.
as for the what exactly to do with a bare face.... get someone to lick cream off it. you could expreiment with different foods too

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
FRD - you genius! (and Spacecow) I haven't giggled so much all day! ubblol

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
oh my I'm still laughing! ubblol ubblol ubblol

I've put this on my favourites so I can come back and giggle at it in future!

*ahem* - sorry - off topic - I'll be chuckling quietly in the corner....

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Page: