Forums > Social Discussion > "Txt & e-mails make you dumb & fog yr brain as much as cannabis"

Login/Join to Participate

Stainless MunchkinMaster of the Munchkins
246 posts

Posted:
This newspaper article in the Daily Mail today really annoyed me, it seemed really stupid, and I didnt like it one bit, there were massive generilastions and overlookings of basic facts!
"Sending and recieving emails and texts temporarily knocks ten points off someone's IQ" This seems stupid to me because thy are doing something, so of course they cannot concentrate on something else, multi-tasking is harder than some people say!
"Fifty percent always respond to an email 'immediately' or as soon as possible" This doesnt seem like a bad point, like they imply, because it seems polite to me to reply to someone as soon as possible!

What do you guys think, maybe some of you read the article?

Are you that clever that you smile forever? biggrin

What's from the Earth is of the greatest worth

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
I avoid the Mail at all costs.

Tis rubbish. Read the Guardian or Indo instead biggrin

Getting to the other side smile

246 posts

Posted:
Ye I just saw the headline and wanted to see what it was on about, turns out it seemed like crap just like i thought

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Daily mail, like most tabloids, is a complete piece of crap... unsupported crap at that...

it just uses smear campaigns to destroy anything they dont like... gypsies, 24hr pubs... its a bunch of crap.. dont listen to em, and they might go away... ubbrollsmile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
apparently someone's found out though that multitasking is less effective than doing one thing after the other and concentrating on it. Not sure... but for my computer (and Windows) it's certainly true. One window after the other, NOT 25 HoP-screens at the same time ubblol

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

10,530 posts

Posted:
thats what i do... but crsework and hop doesnt quite work out biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

bing!BRONZE Member
i beat my inner child
184 posts

Posted:
Written by: Fine_Rabid_Dog

dont listen to em, and they might go away

they'll NEVER go away

i only wish text and emails fogged your brain as much as cannabis. id have used them and saved myself a lot of money
EDITED_BY: bing! (1114206542)

--the spark what lit the flame which started the fire that burned forever--

10,530 posts

Posted:
ubblol

altho texts cud still cost a bit of a bundle ubbrollsmile

if only pikeys could have decent taste, then the daily mail and all tabloids wud die!

i am so not interested in what celebraty is smoking what brand of cigs, or whos wearing burberry... if i want trivia, ill go to a pub quiz night thanks...

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
What annoys me is recieving an email that's business related and there is more slang and abrvtns than anything else.

Do we sleep when we die?

10,530 posts

Posted:
I can see how that wud be annoying...

i read sumwhere probably in a tabloid, that a young girl had no idea how to write proper english, she only knew txt chat... shrug

246 posts

Posted:
that is just wrong, when i was younger, not much younger mind, i always thought it was cool to not like lessons and school uniform, but not knowing english is plain wrong, thats only if you are english of course!

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
txt spk fogs my brain.... i cnt mk hd nor tail of it... dnt lk it 1 bt. sure it kills brain cells, mainly the ones containing vowels, they die from underuse...

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.