Forums > Meet Others > Byron Blues Fest Spinning!!

Login/Join to Participate

PyroMonkeyGOLD Member
b...bal...lence?....
370 posts

Posted:
Hey howdy hey all!!

Im coming to byron for the East coast blues and roots fest again, just want to know if there are any spin meets that are going on while im up there?? would love to meet some locals, let me know!!

Its a very mometous occasion for me as it was last year at the blues fest that i got into fire spinning!!

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Is there usually lots of spinnig at the Blues festival?
The Waifs are going to be there and there are great but I wasnt sure about going...

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
when is the blues fest? I've heard heaps about it and I'd love to come down for it.

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
The Blues Fest is over Easter.. they get great acts but IMHO it is a dreadfully crowded and unpleasant space and the noise bleed between venues is the worst I've ever experienced in any festival anywhere! There isn't a lot of street theatre or anything really apart from the big crowded music tents. I've been a few times but won't bother again., no matter how great the acts are! It's not like Woodford or Confests or those more community spaces..

There are loads of spinners in and around Byron... the ones I could put you in touch with leave town this time of year though! If you stay at the Arts Factory and spin down at the beach you will probably meet some likeminded people....

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
exactly what gabe said!! Plus everything around Byron gets incredibly pricey for this particular weekend and it almost ALWAYS rains.

but I love the waifs they rock... and john bulter shall be there again as well as the cat empire and missy higgins... biggrin some great acts

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

PyroMonkeyGOLD Member
b...bal...lence?....
370 posts

Posted:
the rain is a small price to pay, thats kinda tghe fun bit when your camping in knee deep water tongue

mischiefMember
3 posts

Posted:
hey, i am only going to the blues fest 1 or 2 days but would be totally keen for some beach or forest spinning at some other time if yer up for it...