Forums > Help! > Can anyone in Atlanta give me some advice?

Login/Join to Participate

incombustiblenewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Hi,

I am a fire performer in Seattle. My cousin is getting married in Atlanta in May, and I want to know what the official rules/laws/guidelines are for fire performers in Atlanta, or if there are any. I would like to give her a performance for her wedding reception as a gift. Anyone who can point me in the right direction? weavesmiley

robertsBRONZE Member
91 posts

Posted:
i dont live in atlanta but i would imagine its pretty similar across the southeast. first, it depends on where the reception is. is it in a public place, a private reception hall, indoors, out doors. back yard? your other option is to get a hold of their local fire department and ask them. most will be willing to help and be kind in doing so purley based on the fact that your a serious preformer with an interest in doing things safely and according to the local guidlines.

if anyone orders Merlot, i'm leaving.

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
If you ask the fire department about fire spinning around these parts, you will only get a confused stare. Your best bet is to keep it incognito 'till the performance or if it is on private land, ask the owner first.

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
Seattle you say, hmm..I wonder if we've met. So Georgia has a looong way to go for fire performance laws. If you try to go the way of the permit, they will have a hard time understanding what you're doing and try to sell you a full pyrotechnics permit at first, like something that you would need for a class b show, and requiring way more insurance. Be patient, explain exactly what you plan on doing, and what fuels you'll be using. I paid 25$ per permit in Augusta, which is about 2 hrs east of Atlanta, it could be more in atlanta. Also for the small fire permit they require 2 mil in insurance(exactly what Clowns of the US provides, whaddyakno). We got by alot of times simply hiring out a fire marshall to be on site, about 60$$ per night(as opposed to 60+ an hour other places). Same rules apply for performing inside, the building has to be up to code, sprinklers, fire exstinguishers, accessible exits, liability insurance, etc(glossing over alot more but you get the picture). If you're interested I know a spinner or two in Atlanta I can hook you up with, they can give you better info specifically. Feel free to pm me if you have any more questions, I ran a troupe in georgia for a bit.

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

incombustiblenewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Thanks to all you lovelies ubblove for your advice and help!!!